July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

Sorry I haven't ben active on here ladies, thought maybe we may have m/c after mw not hearing heartbeat. But here is our little bundle of joy with a heartbeat of 152bpm. 12 week scan and baby was actually jumping and kicking off my bladder like a trampoline w struggled to keep it still to check the nuchal fold in the neck :)

Attachments

• bub.jpg
    bub.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 4
Sorry I haven't ben active on here ladies, thought maybe we may have m/c after mw not hearing heartbeat. But here is our little bundle of joy with a heartbeat of 152bpm. 12 week scan and baby was actually jumping and kicking off my bladder like a trampoline w struggled to keep it still to check the nuchal fold in the neck :)

Gorgeous scan!!!! :cloud9:

Last couple of days at work until Christmas and the big announcement now. It's all finally beginning to sink in at last. I tried again with my Doppler on Saturday and may have caught a fleeting heartbeat but I'm not sure, I'm not worrying yet, so far they've always been an awkward sod on scans so I don't expect anything different now. Just can't wait for my belly to pop so I can tell all is growing, I hate how long there is between scans.

I've always announced the gender after the gender ultrasound but this time wanted to do a fun gender reveal and not really big on balloons or cakes for that. I'll just have to see if I actually hold out for 20 weeks after knowing before revealing. I've also let on about the names I've picked and of courae, my mother is right in there with how much she hates them and always trying to convince me to change it or name him after my stepdad and when I say no, she throws in a guilt trip and I hate that. My youmgest was Anberlin Olivia Blaire until she was born and then my ex decided Blaire was a boy and Olivia was a pig and told me to name her after my grandmother, so she's now Anberlin Maria Kate, which reminds me too much of an anorexic Olsen twin and to this day, I'm still not in love with the name. If her name wasn't already tattooed on my back, I'd change it legally.

Everyone else seems to love the names but my mother is always trying to name him herself.

And now because of that, I'm second guessing Georgia Charlitte Emelia and seriously considering Charlitte Emelia Blaire. Better be a boy, lol

Great scan pic muma!!!

And yay for 10 weeks today!!! Only two more weeks of the "worst" trimester!!!!

No don't change it Brandi Georgia is lovely !!!

What are your other two children named?

I love your idea. I think I might find out but not tell anyone. I did the same last time. It was super tough cos people try and trip you up, so this time I would say I didn't know to others!

Mumoftwoboys, so delighted everything is ok. How horrible for you to have been worrying like that. Beautiful scan pic! :)

And I'm not sharing my chosen names with anyone outside of this forum. I don't want people trying to change our minds. The boy name has always been a name we liked (Alfie, with my Father's name as his middle name, James), and it took us aaaages to agree on a girls name (Elena, Christina as middle name). DH and I fell in love after watching 'Cinema Paradiso' together so it's quite apt we've chosen two names from the film. (Although not intentional.) The only person I told was my best friend and I could tell she wasn't keen on Elena and it made me sad so I decided deffo not to share with anyone else. Once the baby is born people just have to accept it, haha.
Have a great day everyone, I've got a million and one things to sort before xmas day!

I'm off to work now ladies. Have a great day. Been up since 2:30am and it's npw 4am. Relaxing with some hockey highlights for a few minutes. Gonna risk my van on the two minute drive to work cuz I juat don't feel safe walking by a forest and creek at 4am

Awh I love all the names you've got cally. Is Elena said el-ee-na?

I won't share names, I heard comments about ds after he was born so in sure people would have been a lot more opinionated if we had told before hand. It wasn't a definite until we saw him anyway.

Lovely scan mum.

We're not sharing names anywhere. I'd rather keep it a surprise.

Either something from yesterday hasn't agreed with me or I'm developing morning sickness late, wanna go home either way! :(

It will be with the Spanish pronounciation :) Ellie for short and to make it easy for my English fam. Still not entirely settled on the girl's name, but Alfie for a boy is a definite.

My friend's a graphic designer so I asked her to Christmas-ify my U/S pic to pop inside my christmas cards/announcement cards. It's so cute I had to share :)

How did your scan go Cheska?

Attachments

• merryxmasbabyscan.jpg
    merryxmasbabyscan.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 8
12 weeks on the dot today and i have the NT scan in a few hrs! Super excited! Listened to Bambino last evening who sounded as though he was running a marathon. :) Ill post updated picture probably tonight.

Ohhhhh almost forgot to tell you all!!! So went to a diner party of my husbands friends on Saturday night. My husband is Turkish. His parents were there. They know very well we are not sharing anything until after xmas (due to having another scan today and previous miscarriage) to be on the safe side. SO i drove to the party (excuse to not drink). I was asked many times by the hosts why i wasn't drinking (they know i like Turkish liquor) and i said i was driving. Which they respected. As soon as we sit down, they pour the Turkish liquor and hand it out to everyone (of course i declined), my father in law pipes up, EVERYONE sitting at the table, "she's pregnant!!!!!"
WHAT.THE.FRICK.

Immediate silence and awkwardness as EVERYONE could tell i was shocked he said that and that it was not something i was happy to share at the moment.
He is my father in law and i cant be mad at him, its done and over. But holy moly....SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!

Adorable photo!

That's awful, I'm mad enough at my Mum for wanting to tell everyone she knows before I put it on Facebook, I feel like I'm going to have no one left to announce to

Well at least we all aren't alone. My mother in law has been announcing it and justifying it by saying it was an "emergency." I am trying to figure out what kind of emergency warrants telling people we are expecting.

Three days until my 12 week scan!!

I can't think of any reason people would HAVE to know short of you being in an accident

Oh dear ladies, sorry that your nearest and dearest are messing up your announcement plans. On the plus side, at least it shows that they are super excited for you. Better that way than to have displeased rellies. I am terrified to tell my in-laws as they made it very clear they didn't think we should be trying for kids soon!!

Hi everyone,

Sorry haven't been around, I've been so busy with work and christmas shopping. All the scans look beautiful. Hope all you ladies are doing well.

My best friend told her parents-I haven't even told mine yet! Plus they live opposite my parents and could let it slip at any point!

Sorry to all the ladies who are having people spill the beans. My parents, my in-laws, and my close friends are the only ones that know. However, my mother-in-law told my brother-in-law this weekend and then of course he will tell his wife and she will tell her family, its like a never ending cycle. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->