July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

I'm not overly mad because it's my family and my Mum's friends who do care about the outcome including one lady who had failed IVF. I just don't want it to spiral out of control, only one and a half days left anyway

I'm not sure how happy everyone is for me...I left my husband in Feb of this year because he was verbally abusive. For years I've been telling him something wasn't right and he didn't get it. It took me leaving with our daughter for him to understand his behavior was not acceptable. I didn't have any intentions on going back because I thought he could/would never change. Well I was wrong and in October I decided we would move back so we could work on our relationship. Things have been 98% better (he still has his own issues he needs to work on that are separate from our relationship) and in the course of it all we got pregnant. His parents are happy (his mom doesn't believe in divorce and was thrilled when we got back together) but nobody else is it seems because I don't think they respect my decision to get back with him. I texted his sisters with the news (they have spotty cell service and weird work hours) and didn't get a response. Yesterday his sister texted me a picture of her new puppy so I know she got the message and can use her phone. I know I shouldn't really care what other people think but it's not as exciting and happy this time around because of it.

I'm not overly mad because it's my family and my Mum's friends who do care about the outcome including one lady who had failed IVF. I just don't want it to spiral out of control, only one and a half days left anyway

Charlie,

It makes it a little easier when its people who actually care about you, I told some of my close friends and just got a text from some girl I don't care much for and it was kind of awkward.

Oh ladies, I'm sorry y'all are having trouble with family spilling the beans. I'd be pissed as it's not their news to share. And for those not excited about it, I just wouldn't tell them anything unless they asked. I'm so glad I don't live near any of my family...closest relative is 12 hrs away!!! All they wifey's family seem to be excited and happy for us.....tho I'm sure some wish it was her pg not me. Screw me is what I say. We made this decision so their opinion is not needed nor do we care to hear it.
Lovely scan pics ladies. The Christmas scan is just too cute!!!

Great way of thinking Sassy! Your wife may not be carrying your baby, but it doesn't make her any less of Mommy to that baby. Screw what others think!

My exhole isn't the biological father to my youngest, but he's been Daddy to her her whole life. Blood doesn't make the determination on who family is.

I told my mom & dad and no body else in my family knows yet.

So we had arguments everyday to tell my ILs also which I wanted to wait couple weeks as they are big family and one person knows means everyone knows. But if only husbands could be tamed & trained...(I wish) So we told ILs and asked them to keep quiet ... But I know both my sister-in-laws are going to tell their family with tag 'Shhh...Dont tell ahead'. I hate my relatives sometimes. Mi sis-in-laws were not even excited or did not even sound happy. Least they could have acted happy.

I hope the unexcited family members either come round or get over their jealousy.

I'm telling all tomorrow and then it just doesn't matter who tells who, I'm kinda wishing I hadn't waited though lol. We got a congratulations text back from my husband's ex yesterday which was a relief so now we can tell my stepdaughter with less worry. Going to get my husband to tell her tomorrow, just hope she's excited :/

I think the fear of telling is the worst part, we have revealed all to family now as it was getting past the point of hiding as I have a bump so after my scan yesterday we told everyone. Thankfully everyone has been really happy for us and nobody has had anything bad to say :haha: so I worried myself silly over nothing.

Celesse - could you please change my due date to the 2nd as 12 weeks scan put me forward 4 days, thank you hun x

12 weeks scan yesterday went great. bambino was in there being super uncooperative. Would not roll over. They couldn't see the face at all. I must have been in there for 30 minutes. Pushing on my belly, prodding, shaking, wiggling my hips, turning on my side. Saw the legs and the hand. At one point looked like it was waving, open palm and could see all the fingers. :cloud9:

Dont really have any good pictures to post as i cant tell for the life of me what any of the pics are! lol Will get a call next week with all the results. They said the back of the neck measurement was perfect and heartbeat was 165. :)

On my way home to tidy my step-daughters room and then relax until I have to pick her up. Then a Christmas movie and bed. Aaah

Yay, congratulations lmbhj!

Merry Christmas, ladies! Xxx

What a crappy Christmas.

Tonight, I used the bathroom and when I wiped, I could literally feel my cervix. It felt like it was hanging out so I washed my hands and checked and it's literally rifht there and feels a bit open. I'm hoping it feels open only because I've had three babies before. There's no bleeding, but I also haven't felt any movements really in two days so I'm back in panic mode that something might be wrong and I really don't feel hopeful or positive.

Maybe it's just my paranoia that I jinxed myself by buying baby stuff early, but I have to wait til Friday at the earliest to be seen.

Maybe it's because my heart is heavy with grief tonight too. My friend's 5 year old son, Brady, passed away tonight. It's horrible to lose your child, but to lose him on Christmas Eve is all the more devastating.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas. 9 minutes left here and Santa has already visited.

Merry Christmas, Happy Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone! :xmas6:

Told my parents and family tonight on FaceTime. My mom actually got teary! It went so much better than I thought as my Catholic family has always struggled with my sexuality and life choices. We just have my wife's Mormon family to tell now. We have saved them for last bc they struggle with us as a family even more due to their fundamentalist religious beliefs. Maybe after my scan/appt on 1/9... Ugh why is life so hard sometimes? :cry: it's hard to be happy when the people closest to us frown on our love for each other so much....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->