July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

We're not having a private unless they can't tell the gender at 20 weeks ha ha x

This is our first baby and it's taken over 4 and a half years to get so my hubby was completely happy for me to book an early scan, especially when I found one for £40. My dating scan was so disappointing and I only got to see for maybe a minute tops, we didn't even get decent pics as baby was being awkward.
We have a special bump fund at home which we've been filling for 2 years now I think which is my special "want" money, it's not for furniture or things we need its purely for things that catch my heart so I decided I needed this lol.

I'm also having my nhs on monday and will b 13 weeks I highly doubt she wud tell me the sex then I wudnt need to come for the actual gender scan .. But I will ask lol .. Cos my gynae is my gynae its already pvt? Or do u mean somethin else wen u say private ..

Can't believe all you ladies are getting ready for gender scans, I'm still stuck here waiting for my first proper scan which isn't till Wednesday :( stupid NHS and their stupid incorrect measurements :'( I just want to know if everything is ok with my baby and I'm having to wait an extra two weeks, meh :(

Sorry you're having to wait so long Sun_Flower, but on the plus side you should get a beautiful clear scan. My scan at 14+2 was so much clearer than at 11+5, and my little bean was looking much more like a little baby. I could see so much more and feeling way more confident about this pregnancy.

They could show me the fully formed brain which you couldn't see in the 11 week scan, and all the limbs were long and flexible.

It'll be worth the wait. :hugs:

Thanks Cally, hopefully I get a nice sonographer who can show me all that and doesn't rush me out :) if I've waited this long I'd like a decent scan experience xx

Thanks Cally, hopefully I get a nice sonographer who can show me all that and doesn't rush me out :) if I've waited this long I'd like a decent scan experience xx

Are you Ipswich Hospital? I went there yesterday for a scan and everyone was so lovely :flower: xx

This is our first baby and it's taken over 4 and a half years to get so my hubby was completely happy for me to book an early scan, especially when I found one for £40. My dating scan was so disappointing and I only got to see for maybe a minute tops, we didn't even get decent pics as baby was being awkward.
We have a special bump fund at home which we've been filling for 2 years now I think which is my special "want" money, it's not for furniture or things we need its purely for things that catch my heart so I decided I needed this lol.

:hugs:

Don't get me wrong seeing my baby in 4d etc was amazing with my DD 4 years ago, but they got her gender wrong :wacko:

Are you Ipswich Hospital? I went there yesterday for a scan and everyone was so lovely :flower: xx

No, we're up near the Norfolk border so we're with Norfolk and Norwich. They were wonderful when I had DD, but we moved in to the area when I was 26 weeks pregnant so I haven't been scanned by them before xx

Hi ladies,

I woke up at 2.30am, been having a runny tummy all day.
I am so tired and wish I can just go home to sleep, 3 more hours for me... :-(

Hope you are all doing well.

Brandi hows the little ones?

Hey peeps, just back from our private nuchal (NHS don't offer it here in NI) and celebratory café brunch. Wee Bagel bang on for size, nuchal at 1.5 mm, adjusted Downs risk 1630 which is fab for my age. Husband is a scientist though and likes a more definite answer so is shelling out 400 smackers for the Harmony test. I could buy a handwoven sling for that :rofl: but if it reassures him, then great.

Sonographer said baby is impeccably behaved and she'll be using some of the pics for her re-accreditation.

The skull looks perfect - it was the first thing she checked to reassure me - and the spine (as far as you can tell at 13w) looked good too, but hospital will double check that in 3 weeks :)

Here he/she is, sucking thumb or picking nose - either way, definitely my child :rofl:
https://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m602/tulip1uk/Baby%20Bagel/20140109_115846_wm_zpsd2ef18d6.jpg

Think pink for me!

Absolutely beautiful!!

Did they confirm the gender for a girl??

No, we're up near the Norfolk border so we're with Norfolk and Norwich. They were wonderful when I had DD, but we moved in to the area when I was 26 weeks pregnant so I haven't been scanned by them before xx

My SIL was under N&N and said they were really nice :thumbup:

Tulip - that's a gorgeous scan pic and i think it looks very girly! x

Ooh I hope so!

Meg - its a bit early and I didn't ask, but think the Harmony might confirm gender? X

What is the harmony test? And when are you doing it?

Awww that's a cute pic Tulip. My wifey is now thinking we're having a girl tho she has been team boy all along and always refers to the baby as a boy. Guessing is fun!

What is the harmony test? And when are you doing it?

It's a sample of my blood, in which some of baby's cells are circulating. Baby's cells are then tested for all three trisomies.

They're taking the blood next Tues as the mw doesn't work at the private clinic today :thumbup:

My sonogram lady wasn't allowed to say anything at our scan (for fear we would sue her as she's not technically trained in deciphering the measurements or something) so i have to wait until my next dr appt to get the results. we're like, please just say something! it's nice you had confirmation right away that everything looked to be in order.

Now I am super nervous for tomorrow.... Appointment at 08.45am.
And Hubby just sent me a message, saying my mother in law and kids have moved out today, so I can have our house back now.... Yippee.... My own space again... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->