July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

Are any of you other girls thinking of cloth nappies/diapers!? My first order came through yesterday and omg they are a million times softer than disposables!

No ma'am Zoie, I have ZERO interest in that. Not to mention I don't think the wifey would be up to it, lol. I've seen them and they have such cute covers and etc but I just cant bring myself to do it. Props to the ladies who do!

In theory I think cloth nappies are great, but I know I wouldn't have the stomach for it. Plus I'd have to buy a new washing machines especially for the job as I couldn't bear the thought of using the same machine for my clothes and the babies nappies, as daft as that may sound!

I like the idea of cloth nappies, and people did used to manage before disposables, but I'm afraid I won't be haha x

I really like the idea of cloth diapers. However, both hubby and I work full time and it is not a feasible options right now. If I was able to drop to half time or take some time off I would definately consider it.

Im a very silent lurker on here :) having gender scan on monday!
Zoie im a cloth mama, had my son in pampers a year before i switched, thendd came 2 weeks after his 2nd birthday so i had two in cloth fulltime for a year, now just dd, and wouldnt u know many of those hand me down diapers are still in fab condition for next baby :)

I dont judge anyone who does or doesnt onpbviously it depends on alot of things, i am a sahm so it is easier for me to handle it etc. We all do whats best for oirbabies no matter what .

Are any of you other girls thinking of cloth nappies/diapers!? My first order came through yesterday and omg they are a million times softer than disposables!

Yep, still got half my stash from when DS was small. Think I'll go for two-parters this time round though, and DH can use the pockets ;)

A friend of mine did cloth diapers on her second child but she doesn't work so it was easy for her to manage. i work (from home) so I'm not sure how it would go over with her sitter and i know my husband would be against it. i recycle in general as much as i can so i feel that balances the diaper garbage. Ha.

I won't be using cloth nappies. I thought about it but we plan on having them in creche from 12 weeks and nursery from 9 months so it's really not ideal. If I wasn't going back to work I would probably have given it more thought.

I understand for you ladies who work full time, I think if I had to go back to work full time after baby was born I'd go for the biodegradable organic disposables but I'm going to bee a full time stay at home mum so an extra load of washing everyday won't be so much of a task for me lol

Frustrated you get rid of poop into the toilet lol no poop goes in your machine :haha:

I'm super excited, any tips from you already fluff bum mums? What worked best for you with a newborn?

I believe you get liners as well? that can be disposed of and then you wash the rest.

Yes a lot of people know roughly when there baby will poop so they put the liners in and you just flush it down the toilet. I've read some people use them all the time too. I plan on using the liners when I work out my babies 'schedule'

Zoie i splurge on soft bamboo biodegradable liners, so if its just pee i wash them and get about five washed before i really have to flush it away.

I wont go into too much fluffy detail but the natural parenting forum on here is brill with advice :)

Happy Friday ladies.

How is everyone feeling? Hope everyone is getting over the MS.AFM the days are wonderful. I have gotten most of my energy back and have been able to get back into my workout routine, which gets little Andrew moving as well. Lol. I walk on the treadmill and do the perfect pregnancy workout. Its by a lady that was in cirque du soleil. Little out dated and music is kind of weird but LOVE the workout. Doctor even said she was impressed with my weight. YAY.
Do find however I am ready for bed alot earlier.

Just a thought. On the front page along with our due dates could we add Gender since we're all starting to find out?

This is my 16 week belly photo.

Attachments

• 2014-01-08 19.17.19.jpg
    2014-01-08 19.17.19.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 12
Zoie, DS was too scrawny for our size 1 and BTP fluff for the first couple of months, and I didn't fancy shelling out for teeny fits. So he started on sposies. Probably just as well as he pooped during EVERY SINGLE FEED as a newborn :haha:

As he got older, cloth was easy peasy and only needed 2-3 wash loads a week.

We quit after he turned 2 because nursery's 4-hourly nappy change routine wasn't frequent enough and they started wicking wetness onto his clothes. They were really accommodating up til that point though, he wasn't the first cloth bum they'd had. I probably could have pushed for more frequent changes but he was almost ready for pants anyway.

I looked into cloth nappies with my daughter, but we decided not to do it. The extra wash loads put me off. I have a special needs child so I get enough of that as it is.

Cute bump jack..x

Happy Friday ladies.

How is everyone feeling? Hope everyone is getting over the MS.AFM the days are wonderful. I have gotten most of my energy back and have been able to get back into my workout routine, which gets little Andrew moving as well. Lol. I walk on the treadmill and do the perfect pregnancy workout. Its by a lady that was in cirque du soleil. Little out dated and music is kind of weird but LOVE the workout. Doctor even said she was impressed with my weight. YAY.
Do find however I am ready for bed alot earlier.

Just a thought. On the front page along with our due dates could we add Gender since we're all starting to find out?

This is my 16 week belly photo.

Oooo thanks girls I didn't know there was a section for natural parenting, I'm really into the breast feeding baby wearing stuff I'm sure I'll have lots of fun on there :D

I read on a blog that it's best to use disposables for the first weeks or so due to the mecconium being tar like and will stain so I'll get some tiny disposables just to save the cloths :)

Cute bump Jack!

I loved breastfeeding all my babies :cloud9: can't wait to start again with this one x

Cute bump Jack. I want to do some prenatal yoga or something. Need to look online for dvds or something. My energy is back somewhat but there are still nights where I can not sleep....and naturally I'm the type who can not sleep past 8am!

I'm hoping I can breasfeed this babe. I had breast augmentation almost 10 yrs ago...so we shall see I guess. My nipples have been SUPER sensitive these last few weeks, I don't recall them being like this with my daughters. I nursed my youngest for 18months and would love to at least nurse for 12 months. Guess how long I'm able to depends on a few things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->