July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

This year's flu vaccine does cover swine flu (H1N1). I got the flu vaccine when it came out in September. I work in an urgent care and see patients every day with positive flu tests. They are miserable. The flu vaccine may not be perfect but even having been around all the sick people with the flu I have not gotten it. I saw a young mom yesterday who was miserable and had a 4 month old baby at home. I recommended that she stay completely away from her 4 month old for 5 days and told her she would have to pump and dump her breastmilk because of the tamiflu I gave her. She was crying, and kept saying she wished she got a flu shot and felt like it would be her fault if her 4 month old got the flu and something happened to him. It broke my heart. I know everyone has their own opinions regarding the flu shot, but I would do anything to not put a child who is not old enough to be vaccinated at risk. The flu vaccine shot is an inactivated virus that CAN NOT cause the flu. The nasal mist is an active virus and can cause a mild case. The flu shot does not cause autism. Yes, in a very small amount of people it can cause an allergic reaction or gillian barret syndrome. But that is highly unlikely. Hope this helps. There is tons more info on the cdc website if you are curious.

Thank you and everyone else for your advice. I'm going to call up the midwifery department on Monday morning and ask if it's possible to get it done at my next midwife appointment on Thursday. :thumbup:

Hey ladies

Any one else extremely thirsty all the time.
I have drank 3 bottles of water 2 glasses if ginger beer and 2 glasses of sprite..... and im still thirsty. And I have a headache again. I took 2 naps 2day. and i feel as though i can go sleep again....

Yeah you have to be careful buying them on Amazon too as some marketplace sellers sell fakes too. Basocially if the price seems too good to be true for a new one, it usually is.

As for complaints about it, nope, absolutely none. I've loved it from the minute I got it, and have used it from when she was 10 weeks old all the way up to now. OH likes it because its easily adjustable to him. Hoping to use it with the infant insert from day one this time :D xx

Hello Ladies,

Well I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and I thought I would be in the clear by now concerning morning sickness BUT alas, it is hanging in there! :(...on a good note, I know you all may not believe it.. But I've been feeling baby move (pops and bubbles) the last week or so and I Promise with this being my 4th baby, I know the diff between gastric issues and something else. Lol can't wait for real kicks and such although I will probably be back on here complaining about him or her keeping me up. Lol

Hello Ladies,

Well I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and I thought I would be in the clear by now concerning morning sickness BUT alas, it is hanging in there! :(...on a good note, I know you all may not believe it.. But I've been feeling baby move (pops and bubbles) the last week or so and I Promise with this being my 4th baby, I know the diff between gastric issues and something else. Lol can't wait for real kicks and such although I will probably be back on here complaining about him or her keeping me up. Lol

Hi Cuddle,
I started feeling that at 9 weeks already, and it is definately baby movement, my gynae confirmed it.. because before could tell me baby was moving, i told them.

I'm pretty sure I've felt baby move too, although this is only my second. Looking forward to it getting stronger, although I remember towards the end the kicks and rolls getting really uncomfortable, especially when my DD wiggled ALLLLLLLL day!

Hey ladies

I have drank 3 bottles of water 2 glasses if ginger beer and 2 glasses of sprite..... and im still thirsty. And I have a headache again. I took 2 naps 2day. and i feel as though i can go sleep again....

Hi Tymeg, I've had days (and nights) where I have been crazy thirsty. If i go out to do anything I have to have water on me or I feel faint. I did a test when I saw the consultant and they couldn't see any sign of diabetes, and said some people just are v thirsty while pregnant. I'm going to have follow up tests on thurs just to be sure.

Hope you're feeling better xxx

I have mixed feelings today. First I find out my (Great) Uncle has died Saturday morning (we weren't close but it's still sad) then the in-laws offered to buy the exact buggy I want which made me happy.
Hormones are going to go crazy soon I bet

I've stopped vomiting thankfully. I knew I'd get the bug, was sick 6 times yesterday. Never been more than 2 with morning sickness.

Hey ladies

Hi Tymeg, I've had days (and nights) where I have been crazy thirsty. If i go out to do anything I have to have water on me or I feel faint. I did a test when I saw the consultant and they couldn't see any sign of diabetes, and said some people just are v thirsty while pregnant. I'm going to have follow up tests on thurs just to be sure.

Hope you're feeling better xxx

They will be monitoring me for gestational diabetes as well...:cry:

Sorry to hear about your uncle Charlie,
I know about those emotions just popping out of no where...
I started balling at a story my hubby told us about when he was younger ans just couldnt stop crying and laughing at the same time...

I'll be being monitored for GD too.
We've nearly finished the nursery today :D

When are you being tested for GD? I don't have my GTT until 28 weeks

I'll be being monitored for GD too.
We've nearly finished the nursery today :D

Oooh, what have you gone for? Are you going to post any pics?? Have you already got your furniture yet or have you just done the painting etc?

On a separate note, sorry to hear about your uncle

Hey ladies

I have been super thirsty since I was a few weeks pregnant, it is especially worse at night too so I have to take a big glass of squash to bed with me every evening. The worst thing about it is, I end up waking up 4 times a night to pee too :nope: I am so tired from not having a full nights sleep I could cry some days!!

X

I've always taken a drink to bed with me but now I can drink up to a pint and a half of juice a night, I'm always thirsty! I've got to have a mandatory GTT no matter whether my urine tests positive for sugar or not, because my daughter weighed 10lb 7oz lol

My belly seems to now start right under my boobs, I feel like a freak, is anyone like this?

LOL Charlie,
YOU ARE NOT A FREAK.....
My Belly also is starting under my boobs....
What all have you done to the nursery? I am just looking for ideas at the moment, and I found a place, where I can get the cot, compactum, day bed, rocking chair, camp cot and chest of draws for R10 000.
Took the dogs for a walk today and now I am having some cramps...
My dr said he will be checking at 20 weeks, when I go for the anatomy scan to make sure i have not yet got GD, because I have PCOS and I am insulin resistant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->