July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

The three year old still wants to sleep in our room and usually our bed... So I'm not bothering with the effort of a nursery this time :rofl:

My belly is starting high too, everything has been shoved up higher by baby - where the hell are all my organs going to go??

Oh and I've gone insane on eBay for nappies again. SOMEBODY STOP ME.

Tulip How are your blankets coming along? I've finished the body of the cardi that you suggested but do not have the right needles to do the arms. Am waiting for some 9" long circular needles to be delivered. First time i've tried circular knitting. Hope I can master it!

I keep starting new projects! Can't really settle on anything - hopefully the Harmony results will come back sooner rather than later and I can calm the hell down (and know whether i need to sell this half-finished dress if we're not having a girl!)

If you have a long circular, try the magic loop method to do the sleeves. I dont own any short circs, magic loop is my go-to. Oh and I find that the pattern leaves the underarms a bit holey and in need of darning - I pick up more stitches in the armpit than suggested, and knit the excess together in the next row to get down to the required number xx

ooh thanks, am not sure what that is but will look it up. I bought a long circular the other day when I didn't really know what I was looking for so will give it a go. Am only doing short sleeves, so only have four rows to knit!

Would loveto see a pic when finished! I can't think where I learned magic loop - try knittinghelp.com

Sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle, charlie.

I'm extremely thirsty lately too. I think it's more cuz it's winter and so dry. Doesn't matter how much water I drink, I'm always thirsty.

So here is my belly pic today, 14 weeks.

Attachments

• freckle14w.jpg
    freckle14w.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 11
  • compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 16
With the nursery it's really basic. We've painted the walls magnolia, put in a brown carpet, a cream blind, latte rug and teal lampshade. Then we've just put in our pine cot and neutral moses basket. The room is only about 8' x 5'3" so there isn't much room for more furniture. We're putting in a set of drawers, a towel rail (for hanging clothes) and a bedside table and that's it.

That sounds lovely Charlie. We have just started looking at ideas for the nursey. We'll probably start on it in March. And my bump from day 1 has been right under my boobs. I think til about the 11th week it was bloat from the meds I was on.

My mother in law to be is a nurse and she'll be giving me the flu shot. Some yrs I get it and others I don't.

Cute bump Brandi. You have definitely popped out there.

Tooth, aww such a cute baby scan.

Argh today is just one of those days...

I am so miserable its not even funny, I still have a headache, and I am feeling a little under the weather today.

Cute bump Brandi....

I have loads of nursery ideas, but actually putting them together is a hole other story right about now.... I cant even think straight...

I dreamt last night, that I gave birth in the bath, on the 6th July, and it felt so real!!

Would loveto see a pic when finished! I can't think where I learned magic loop - try knittinghelp.com

Managed to get the sleeves finished using the method you suggested. It's not the neatest looking piece of knitting I've ever seen and still needs buttons, but not too bad for the first item I've made in 17 years! I will add some white crocheted flowers if JB turns out to be a she! Have started on a mint green version in cotton now, which is quite slippery to work with...might do long arms on that one. Thanks again for the pattern and all the tips. You were right about the little holes under the arms, but I didn't feel confident enough with the magic loop method to add any more stitches. I will just have to sew them up!

Attachments

• Cardigan 1.jpg
    Cardigan 1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 10
That sounds lovely Charlie. We have just started looking at ideas for the nursey. We'll probably start on it in March. And my bump from day 1 has been right under my boobs. I think til about the 11th week it was bloat from the meds I was on.

My mother in law to be is a nurse and she'll be giving me the flu shot. Some yrs I get it and others I don't.

Cute bump Brandi. You have definitely popped out there.

Tooth, aww such a cute baby scan.

Thank you :wacko:

I weighed myself yesterday and in total I've lost 16 pounds since getting pregnant. I'm sure some of it is that I have cut down on take aways, and then there's the morning sickness which I've had for 6 weeks. Also had a tummy bug which hasn't helped.

Anyways, I have the date for our 20 week scan :) 7 weeks on Thursday x

I weighed myself yesterday and in total I've lost 16 pounds since getting pregnant. I'm sure some of it is that I have cut down on take aways, and then there's the morning sickness which I've had for 6 weeks. Also had a tummy bug which hasn't helped.

Anyways, I have the date for our 20 week scan :) 7 weeks on Thursday x

Lucky you! I weighed myself this morning and I have put on 12 lbs already! I am definitely eating more than usual, including lots more carbs. I hate this weight gain as I know it's down to overeating rather than pregnancy weight. It's going to be so hard to shift after the baby is born. At this rate I will put on in excess of 35lbs by the time JB arrives. Have started running again to try to keep my weight under control. Managed 4 miles at a very slow pace this morning, but am only doing it once a week as I don't want to overdo things. I guess that given I used to run 6 miles three times a week it's no wonder I've piled on the pounds since stopping :-(

Managed to get the sleeves finished using the method you suggested. It's not the neatest looking piece of knitting I've ever seen and still needs buttons, but not too bad for the first item I've made in 17 years! I will add some white crocheted flowers if JB turns out to be a she! Have started on a mint green version in cotton now, which is quite slippery to work with...might do long arms on that one. Thanks again for the pattern and all the tips. You were right about the little holes under the arms, but I didn't feel confident enough with the magic loop method to add any more stitches. I will just have to sew them up!

It's fantastic, well done!

My mom bought the crib bedding set I had my heart set on today!

Attachments

• carc614bed.jpg
    carc614bed.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 4
I finally decided to work on my quilt if baby is a girl. I found this fabric the other day and could not pass it up as it was yellow/grey owls which is what I am doing the nursery in for the baby.

Attachments

• 140120_0001.jpg
    140120_0001.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 4
I'd LOVE to make a quilt for this new baby as my pregnancy project, but I bet it's really difficult isn't it? I'm rubbish at crafty things xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->