July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

Oh! And I ordered one of those canopy's for my daughter's babysitter, and got these offers, if anyone else is interested!

Attachments

• save100.jpg
    save100.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 5
Cally my mw highly recommended it so I got it as soon as I was out of first tri (figuring that all the major development is done)

I'm confused to when second tri starts?

I have a sickness bug that's going round :(

Wow this thread moves super fast, I cannot keep up!

Congrats to the ladies who have found out the gender of LO, it must be so exciting! I cannot wait to know which team we are on. Gender scan is booked for 7th Feb so still a few weeks to wait unfortunately.

I have not had the flu jab, the midwife recommended it at my booking in appointment but when I asked a few questions about it she didn't really seem like she thought it was a good idea iykwim? Anyways, I decided against it since I wasn't convinced it was necessary!

X

I'm not vaccinating, but I don't think the regular vaccine would cover the swine flu anyway, it may be a completely different vaccine.

Anyone been offered the whooping cough vaccine?

I've been offered it at 28 weeks, I've been doing a bit of research it seems to just be a tetanus booster which is untested on pregnant women. I think its going to be another vaccine I'm going to decline.

*shrugs* the reasons for it make sense to me and whooping cough in babies under 6 weeks is deadly. I'll do everything I can to prevent that happening if I can x

*shrugs* the reasons for it make sense to me and whooping cough in babies under 6 weeks is deadly. I'll do everything I can to prevent that happening if I can x

This. I'll be getting it later on x

I won't be getting the whooping cough one either.

As for trimeters, second trimester, by weeks, is 13w3d (40w/3 tri = 13.33333)

Awwww congratulations on team pink!

Do you have a morrisons near you? They have some really nice girls things but in greys and beiges.

I have a Morrisons right down the road so I'll have a look at their sale items and when the next season comes in too.

I bought a couple of bright coloured bits today which I think I'm going to personalise as I can make iron ons :)

This year's flu vaccine does cover swine flu (H1N1). I got the flu vaccine when it came out in September. I work in an urgent care and see patients every day with positive flu tests. They are miserable. The flu vaccine may not be perfect but even having been around all the sick people with the flu I have not gotten it. I saw a young mom yesterday who was miserable and had a 4 month old baby at home. I recommended that she stay completely away from her 4 month old for 5 days and told her she would have to pump and dump her breastmilk because of the tamiflu I gave her. She was crying, and kept saying she wished she got a flu shot and felt like it would be her fault if her 4 month old got the flu and something happened to him. It broke my heart. I know everyone has their own opinions regarding the flu shot, but I would do anything to not put a child who is not old enough to be vaccinated at risk. The flu vaccine shot is an inactivated virus that CAN NOT cause the flu. The nasal mist is an active virus and can cause a mild case. The flu shot does not cause autism. Yes, in a very small amount of people it can cause an allergic reaction or gillian barret syndrome. But that is highly unlikely. Hope this helps. There is tons more info on the cdc website if you are curious.

On a less serious note, has anyone looked into baby carriers? I was looking at the bjorn vs the ergo. I looked at the moby wrap, but wasn't sure whether I would be able to correctly wrap it around me! I heard great things about the moby though. Thoughts ladies?

On a less serious note, has anyone looked into baby carriers? I was looking at the bjorn vs the ergo. I looked at the moby wrap, but wasn't sure whether I would be able to correctly wrap it around me! I heard great things about the moby though. Thoughts ladies?

I personally like this one: ill attach a pic it's by Ergo. It's about $120 vs the bjorn which are little less pricey. I bought my friend a Bjorn and she loves it so I think I'll go with either the bjorn or ergo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 4
Definitely the ergo over the Bjorn every time. If you look in to the issues surrounding hip placement with the Bjorn and other carriers like it (so called crotch danglers) they can be incredibly uncomfortable for the baby/ not good for joint development. Soft structured carriers like the ergo and woven wraps hold baby in a more comfortable, natural position where knees are always higher than hips and bum. Have a Google and see :) xx

The money is fab but might be a bit hot for July in a warm climate. Have a look at woven wraps, gauze wraps or a ring sling, too xx

This year's flu vaccine does cover swine flu (H1N1). I got the flu vaccine when it came out in September. I work in an urgent care and see patients every day with positive flu tests. They are miserable. The flu vaccine may not be perfect but even having been around all the sick people with the flu I have not gotten it. I saw a young mom yesterday who was miserable and had a 4 month old baby at home. I recommended that she stay completely away from her 4 month old for 5 days and told her she would have to pump and dump her breastmilk because of the tamiflu I gave her. She was crying, and kept saying she wished she got a flu shot and felt like it would be her fault if her 4 month old got the flu and something happened to him. It broke my heart. I know everyone has their own opinions regarding the flu shot, but I would do anything to not put a child who is not old enough to be vaccinated at risk. The flu vaccine shot is an inactivated virus that CAN NOT cause the flu. The nasal mist is an active virus and can cause a mild case. The flu shot does not cause autism. Yes, in a very small amount of people it can cause an allergic reaction or gillian barret syndrome. But that is highly unlikely. Hope this helps. There is tons more info on the cdc website if you are curious.

Agree agree! I'm a nurse too. I had the flu jab when I found out I was pregnant and I was fine.
X

Careful if you order the ergo's on Ebay. There's a few companies who are selling knockoffs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->