July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

Hey ladies been wondering where on the forum to find this due in July thread! Can I join please? I'm due on the 24th July had our scan last week. Was a little sad as we found out we lost one of our babies we were pregnant with twins. This baby seems to be thriving and I pray and hope it stays healthy. Got a scan at 16 weeks so about 2 weeks time. Would be fab to chat to you girls!

Love the monkey's and the owls! Decisions decisions. Such cute stuff to choose from these days.

Welcome Isaac. I feel your pain on losing a twin. We found out 1 of our twins stopped growing at 9wks. The sac and only what can be described as remnants of baby are still present when we had our scan last week. It's still sad to us. I'm here if you want to talk about it. Glad to hear your other baby is doing well.

Morning Mama's.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Cute scans since last time I checked in. This thread moves quickly.
Love the blankets and clothing being Made. Wish I had the skills for that.
My mom is the crafty one in the family. She knitted blankets for the first 2 and just called this morning for color ideas for Andrew. Very Exciting.
Did a little more shopping this weekend. Decided to do Andrews room in Elephants and Kohls had a whole wall of Elephant clothes, blankets, Car seat toys, ets. I couldn't resist.

I too am very thirsty with this pregnancy but along with what someone else said I believe its because of the cold weather here. Lips are dry along with skin too. It sucks.

I have been feeling Andrew since about 9 weeks but this weekend I felt what I am certain was his first set of Hickups :wohoo:
So cute but felt sorry for the little Guy.

Have a great week ladies.

Aww thanks sassy! Did you know you were expecting twins before scan? We had early scan so knew early. Our little one stopped growing at 9 weeks too and it was still very visible last week so yeah very sadbut very common I believe! Its a bit sad to talk about it on this thread but yeah I'm here if you want to talk things through too. Xx

Hi ladies

Had my NT scan today, I'm a little worried as the measurement was 2.4mm.. The sonographer said its within the normal range, but i am worried its high :dohh: . I think being in my 30's has me worried more about the downs risk etc.

But to cheer me up we have booked a gender scan, I swore after my DD that i would never do it again.. But the pull is too strong :lol: .

Also babe was measuring 13+3, but they are leaving me at 12+6 (from dating scan 2 weeks ago) .. x

Hi ladies,

So last night before going to bed I had the chills and woke up this morning with a slight runny rose and achy body. Should I call my doc to ask him if I should take something to make it last a shorter time period or should I just let it take it's course? Does anybody know if the flu will affect baby?

Thanks
:flower:

If your not knocked off your feet tooth fairy it probably isn't flu more like a common Cold. The only thing dr would say is to take paracetamol/ I think in America it tyenol? For fever and aches and pains and get plenty of rest and fluids. Of course if your very poorly you should get checked over by dr to check for chest infection etc! Have you not had the flu jab? All pregnant women have it in the UK I had mine at about 8 weeks along! I work as a nurse in emergency department so at more risk than most. Hope you start to feel better soon

Hi ladies,

So last night before going to bed I had the chills and woke this morning with a slight runny rose and achy body. Should I call my doc to ask him if I should take something to make it last a shorter time period or should I just let it take it's course? Does anybody know if the flu will affect baby?

Thanks
:flower:

It never hurts to call your Ob. There is nothing to lose! The flu can not directly hurt the baby. High fever or dehydration can. Drink lots of fluids and as Issac said, you can take Tylenol for fever/ pain. Most over the counter cold meds are category c in pregnancy. So not ideal to take. If it is the flu you can get a prescription for Tamiflu which is also category c, but lessens the course of illness by one day. If its just a common virus then there is nothing that will make it go away faster. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the replies ladies. I think your right, it is more of a cold since I'm not sneezing nor do I have a fever. Just chills and a very slight runny nose. I think I'll just suck it up and get lots of vitamin C and rest. I actually was never offered a flu shot :( I go to my doc on Friday so I'll ask then. I see patients all day and on Friday 2 of my patients were ill so hoping I didn't catch anything from them :(

Isaac, yes we knew at 5wk we were expecting twins, as I had underwent IVF to get pg.

Sorry you are sick Tooth. Just let it run it's course and you already know the rest :)

Yay Minx on scheduling a gender scan :D cant wait to see and hear what you are having.

Hi ladies

Had my NT scan today, I'm a little worried as the measurement was 2.4mm.. The sonographer said its within the normal range, but i am worried its high :dohh: . I think being in my 30's has me worried more about the downs risk etc.

But to cheer me up we have booked a gender scan, I swore after my DD that i would never do it again.. But the pull is too strong :lol: .

Also babe was measuring 13+3, but they are leaving me at 12+6 (from dating scan 2 weeks ago) .. x

I had my NT scan two weeks ago and measurement was 2.7mm. The sonographer didn't say anything but I saw it on my paperwork and then obviously I Googled it :dohh: It is in the normal range but towards the top end of the scale and as I am 30 (will be 31 when LO is due), I was really upset and convinced myself something was wrong. Luckily, I got my results within a week and combined with the blood test, my risk is 1 in 1438 which is classed as 'low risk'. Not as low as I would have liked but in terms of %, it's less than 1% which sounds much better.

Have you had blood tests too to get a combined result? I think the measurement on its own can be deceptive.

X

I don't even look at the measurement #s really. But see if the gestation age lines up with my edd. I'll get blood test done next week.

Glad the baby is below 1%, try to relax and stay away from Google! LOL

Hi ladies

I had my NT scan two weeks ago and measurement was 2.7mm. The sonographer didn't say anything but I saw it on my paperwork and then obviously I Googled it :dohh: It is in the normal range but towards the top end of the scale and as I am 30 (will be 31 when LO is due), I was really upset and convinced myself something was wrong. Luckily, I got my results within a week and combined with the blood test, my risk is 1 in 1438 which is classed as 'low risk'. Not as low as I would have liked but in terms of %, it's less than 1% which sounds much better.

Have you had blood tests too to get a combined result? I think the measurement on its own can be deceptive.

X

It's less than 0.07%, which is absolutely tiny!

Welcome Issac! :flower:

Lots of fluids and rest, Toothfairy!

So jealous of all the crafty women on here with your knitting, crocheting and quilting! I'd give anything to be able to do a blanket like Celine's!

Had my nuchal scan today, LO was sound asleep and whenever the us probe shined in, sweet lil peanut would just burrow down lower in my pelvis making the poor technician work for her money! :) But everything measured perfect and 4 days ahead of schedule however the tech mentioned it was common for the date to move around but as long as growth was going up and not down, all was good. They also told me my placenta was anterior which places me at very low risk for placenta previa thus low risk for required bed rest in the later months!! Thank goodness! I gotta work, babies are expensive!!

Nuchal measured under 1.75 mm which the perinatologist said was ideal and very reassuring for low chromosomal abnormality risk! :happydance: I'm still waiting on my blood test or the NIPT test, hopefully will have results by the end of the week! I know the relief will be great then! :thumbup:

Getting so excited about everyone's gender scans! What's the count up to? Anyone know?

Hi ladies

X

Thank you :hugs: I had the bloods done straight after the scan so should have results next week :thumbup:

I really should learn not to google!! x

Sorry I've been quiet the last couple of days I just have absolutely nothing to report. Still no symptoms and still sporting a stealth bump (wish wish wish I'd been slimmer when I fell pregnant now). 17 weeks tomorrow so I'm hoping the bump will push through soon. Think I'm going to have to resort to bigger clothes soon though as all my tops are getting too short :(

Welcome Isaac! All these gender reveals are making me think twice about staying team yellow! Then again, I'm loving everyone constantly guessing what I'm having. There have been a few more girl guesses which have balanced it out a bit. My next scan isn't until Feb 17th so I still have a lot of time until I have to make the final decision!

I'm gradually getting things in order. Doing a massive clear out of the house, and trying to get everything organised and tidy while I still have the energy to do so! I started antenatal yoga on Monday which was amazing, I went home and had a dead sea salt bath after and slept like a baby all night - until the inevitable early morning pee. Going to swim some laps today, and got aqua aerobics on Friday - so feeling good for getting active.

My bump is looking much more like a pregnancy bump, feels like it popped out all of a sudden the day before I reached 16 weeks!

Hope you're all doing well. Those quilts and blankets are absolutely gorgeous!

Attachments

• P1020933web.jpg
    P1020933web.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 7
Is this still open? I'm expecting my second LO on the 5th July :)
Would be lovely to chat to some July ladies!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"