July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

On a less serious note, has anyone looked into baby carriers? I was looking at the bjorn vs the ergo. I looked at the moby wrap, but wasn't sure whether I would be able to correctly wrap it around me! I heard great things about the moby though. Thoughts ladies?

I might be late with this but i have all three!! Ergo all the way. The wrap and moby were ok for a newnorn but the ergo is so much better for a toddler. It's expensive but they sell knock-off ones if you look around. The key is for the weight to be on the butt, not hip joints

Yup, any carrier should support from knee pit, across thigh, bum, other thigh and into the other knee pit.

Beware fake Ergos, they won't have been safety tested and could put LO at risk. If you don't want to shell out for the ergo there are lots of other quality buckle carriers which may be cheaper (connecta, action baby carrier, rose & rebellion come to mind first) xx

And Rose and Rebellion are sometimes on offer through Zulilly too, and come in gorgeous designs xx

Kind of an odd question...now that we're all in the second trimester, is anyone else still worried about something going wrong?

This pregnancy is still different to me. The two pregnancy dreams I have had, I've given birth and walked away from the baby, never brought them home. My other ones with my other three, I always brought them home with me.

I feel crampier this time around, more than I remember with my other three, and then when I don't feel movements all day, I panic and think my baby is gone, so I poke my belly and hope to feel something back. Last night, I felt nothing back. I haven't felt anything in over 24 hours. Midwife said it was normal at this stage, but I still can't help but worry. I am used to feeling movements at least twice a day.

And yet, I still feel excited enough to be buying baby stuff, and BIG baby stuff..travel systems, high chairs, swings, etc.

It's just weird.

If we get the Harmony back clear and the scan rules out spina bifida I'll probably then start worrying about cord accident, it's always been a fear of mine.

I'll prob be happier when I have definite regular strong movements though.

I am terrified something will go wrong. I am still not feeling baby which my doctor assures me is normal for a first baby but it has me a bit on edge. I still have my Doppler but it's not that reassuring as I keep thinking it could be something else I am hearing. 2.5 weeks until my anomaly scan and I cannot wait!

I'm still constantly worried. I had a dream last night where she was born but very very very tiny so must have been premie.
My mum told me to stop buying things but I refuse because it makes me happy

Thank you ladies :)

Oooh are the icandy's any good? Got my heart set on the peach one with carrycot I think it is? But everything feels so heavy compared to my cosatto pushchair.

Nub measurement wise etc I don't think you can go on that alone as mine was 2.4 or something but my blood came back at low risk like 1/140,000. With my first LO the measurement was smaller but odds were lower.

Good Morning ladies.

some of ya'll are on a buying frenzy it seems lol. We've bought 3 lil outfits and that's it. We are going to have a baby shower in May so I don't want to buy buy buy just yet. We do need to find out if the bigger ticket items will be bought by the grandparents and if not then we'll start getting those.

I'm over the fear something will happen with the baby. Sorry some of you ladies are still worrying. I got my flu vaccine the other day from my mother in law. She mentioned that article and now i'll go read it.

Hey Ladies,

Yeah Brandi, Im still very much worried....

I cant wait for the 31st for my next scan just to make sure all is well with baby.

My headaches have not eased up all week, I wake up with a pounding head every day :-(

I still worry - I only have to read a bad article to worry about something new for a few days. I still don't know if what i'm feeling is movement or something else, so no comfort there yet. My anomaly scan is in 3 weeks and I can't wait. It's kinda comforting to know none of us is alone in this fear - I thought it was just me :)

Linny mine is in three weeks too, i also worry, after back to back mc every week i look at the size the baby should be and think how horrible it would be to have to mc that...i am starting to tell ppl but still keeping quiet..the fear is awful :(

Victoria, the Peach is beautiful and sturdy, and a real headturner - but yeah, it is heavy. Depends how much you're going to be lifting it, rather than pushing. Even when fully loaded it's easily maneuverable with one hand. Love it. I would say if you can, borrow the carrycot or get it 2nd hand. DS was only in it about 8 weeks then hated laying flat and we moved into the seat (very reclined, of couese). I'm really only expecting to use the pram for naps this time, so baby is out of DS's reach. It'll be slung when we're out.

Celine - Ugh I know, that's a really horrendous thought isn't it? I have let my mind think about that a few times and had to retreat - it's almost too much to consider iykwim. x

Hi everyone, I have had my scan today and have been given 29th july for my due date, after 4 miscarriages back to back I am very cautiously pregnant, however this is the furthest I have got apart from with my daughter so feeling much more relaxed now :) x

Yay congratulations Pumpkin! Super sticky dust to you xxx

Welcome Pumpkin!

I know as mother's we never stop worrying, but I think once baby is here, we will worry a bit less.

Last night, I had a dream that I had been kidnapped (for a while) and was being used in human trafficking. The trafficker had taken me to a bus station and moments later, brought a little girl into the same shelter I was in and told her to get undressed. Then he left. I looked outside of the shelter and saw there were police cars parked at the other end of the station and told the girl to get dressed, and I picked her up and ran her down to one of the police cars. In my dream, it turned out the girl had been missing for a while. The police returned her to her parents, and took me home and then told me to install a surveillance system in my house in case the traffickers came after me again for escaping and for taking the little girl.

Yes!! I worry so much more this time around than I did with LO, now ive started feeling movements I worry when I don't, which is silly I know this early on. I guess its just normal? You always think the worst.

Oooh I only really like the icandy for the carrycot bit so maybe its best to not spend all that money then? I had a silvercross with LO and as soon as he was out of the carrycot bit I bought a cosatto pushchair and it is sooo lightweight I wouldn't dream of going back. DAMN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->