July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

I'm getting a real ache in my abdomen and pelvis today so I think baby is either in a funny position or is having a growth spurt. Looking forward to getting into bed tonight!

I'm feeling the achey stretching too Charlie! In my big day by day pregnancy book it says between 16 and 19 weeks the baby will double in size! So I defently think it's a growth spurt pain my bump is feeling bigger every day!

I've also bought a few bits :D

I bought a Maxi Cosi Cabriofix car seat yesterday I love it!! So excited to use it. I've been buying cloth nappies too I have 5 right now and I'm bidding a a huge bundle of newborn wraps with the mio covers there's around 50 nappies I belies bidding is a £7.50 currently.

Have any of you looked at the Argos clearance? If your one for buying Christmas pressies in advance they have baby and toddler items on sale too. I got a Lamaze pram toy 0-24 months, Vtech educational Alfie toy 3-18 months and a pack of three Disney Winnie the Pooh vests for just over £11!!

18 weeks today!!! Almost half way there.

I still find myself worrying sometimes even though I feel Andrew move all the time. When I dont is when I worry. However I try to remind myself that this is about the time they start developing sleep patterns and that easies the mind a little.

I went ahead and booked my 3D-4D scan for Feb 15th. The day after Valentines Day :cloud9: Couldn't ask for a more perfect gift.

Having lots of lower pulling pains also. Just means little man is growing :happydance:

I still worry as well, and still check my knickers subconsciously when I go to the loo. I think I'll feel better when I feel definite movement.

I don't remember being this worried with my first e other, it's so weird ! Xx

Hopefully this little Munchkin is going to move out of my pelvis and into my belly soon where she'll make my ache easier. Little monkey is still fairly low, may check where she's got to with my doppler tonight.

Yesterday's bump pic. I have to belt between boobs and bump or I just look like I've put on weight :haha:
https://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m602/tulip1uk/Baby%20Bagel/20140123_091118_zps5794e11b.jpg
Excuse the Mirror Of Filth...

Cute bump tulip,

Yeah I definitely still check my knickers every time I go to the loo... Its normal for me now, LOL.... Dont talk about when I start discharging, I run to the toilet to make sure it is not blood, although I have to wear pantyliner now, and change them almost 3 times a day... Annoying much...

LMAO for Brandi.....

Beautiful bump Tulip!

And oh yes, pantyliners all the way for me! *bleurgh*

So, I hope this isn't too personal a question, but I'd love to know how the rest of you are doing weight wise? I read this morning that second trimester is pivotal to making sure you don't gain too much throughout your entire pregnancy.

I was within 'normal' bmi (just!) when I got pregnant. I literally gained a kilo over night when I found out I was pregnant and went from 69-70 and could not kick it afterwards. By the end of first tri (and after xmas) I was 71.5 (gain of 6lbs), and this morning I weighed in at 73 kilos. So I've gained 4 kilos so far/9lbs! I checked myself on a chart and I am just below maximum weight gain for my stage in pregnancy and I have been for the past few weeks. I've read the advice is to gain 1lb a week for healthy weight gain. It's stressing me out a bit. I thought exercising would help, but it just leaves me ridiculously hungry so I'm not sure if it's counteracting my efforts a bit, lol.

I know exercise is important for loads of other reasons so I'm not going to give it up. Just wondered if anyone else is struggling? I try to eat a healthy balanced diet with only the occasional treats, but it's not easy with the crazy appetite I have these days!

Beautiful bump Tulip!

So, I hope this isn't too personal a question, but I'd love to know how the rest of you are doing weight wise? I read this morning that second trimester is pivotal to making sure you don't gain too much throughout your entire pregnancy.

I was within 'normal' bmi (just!) when I got pregnant. I literally gained a kilo over night when I found out I was pregnant and went from 69-70 and could not kick it afterwards. By the end of first tri (and after xmas) I was 71.5 (gain of 6lbs), and this morning I weighed in at 73 kilos. So I've gained 4 kilos so far/9lbs! I checked myself on a chart and I am just below maximum weight gain for my stage in pregnancy and I have been for the past few weeks. I've read the advice is to gain 1lb a week for healthy weight gain. It's stressing me out a bit. I thought exercising would help, but it just leaves me ridiculously hungry so I'm not sure if it's counteracting my efforts a bit, lol.

I know exercise is important for loads of other reasons so I'm not going to give it up. Just wondered if anyone else is struggling? I try to eat a healthy balanced diet with only the occasional treats, but it's not easy with the crazy appetite I have these days!

I'm really struggling with my weight too. I've put on over 12lbs since becoming pregnant. I think it's because I've been eating far more carbs than I would usually do and I've also been hungry a lot of the time. I stopped all exercise during the first trimester, which probably didn't help. I've just started running again, although at a more slower pace than before.

Lovely bump Tulip. There is no mistaking that you are pregnant as opposed to overweight!

Hey ladies

Just got my NT results and we are low risk :) ... It wouldn't of mattered either way, but its nice to know.

My OH went to pick up a swing for bubs this morning, 1.5 hour journey and when he got there he said it stunk of smoke and was proper filthy! The guy said they had washed it :wacko: So we decided to leave it :( Such a shame as its the exact one i want and it was mega cheap... Now we know why!

x

I'm really struggling with my weight too. I've put on over 12lbs since becoming pregnant. I think it's because I've been eating far more carbs than I would usually do and I've also been hungry a lot of the time. I stopped all exercise during the first trimester, which probably didn't help. I've just started running again, although at a more slower pace than before.

Lovely bump Tulip. There is no mistaking that you are pregnant as opposed to overweight!

Yeah I think it's a combo of no exercise in the first tri + xmas + all I wanted to eat in the first tri was toast, and I still have big carb cravings. Trying to include some quinoa and brown rice etc in my diet so at least they are a bit healthier than the usual carbs, but still getting through a lot of pasta and bread!

At least you're running. I think it's important to be in the habit of exercising so that once baby is here I haven't just had like a years break from exercising before I start trying to do some to shift the weight. (As well as all the other benefits!)

Hubby doesnt want me exercising at all, because he is so scared something will go wrong, he said I can start after I give birth... LOL..

I picked up 3kgs since finding out, DR said Im not allowed to pick up any weight because of the PCOS and risk of diabetes.....

So im really scared...

I've been lucky to have lost, last time I checked I'd lost 18lbs add that too the weight I lost to do my IVF and it's no wonder none of my clothes fit!.

Also I've accidentally liked a few posts because I'm on my ipad lol sorry :haha:

Ive actually lost 11 kgs ... but bubs growth is perfect and on track so Dr's arent worried... I eat like crazy and didnt have any morning sickness... **shrug**

I'm a couple of pounds under where I started, but had ms and haven't really noticed an increase in appetite.

I've just discovered juicing, so I have a juice rather than pudding. I dont really exercise except to carry DS in the sling uphill twice a week. It certainly raises the heart rate!

Beautiful bump Tulip!

First thing you should do is throw out your scale! lol by the end of the first trimester i was freaking myself out. I put on 10lbs! (holidays and NO morning sickness and i was SO HUNGRY!) Since then i have only put on 2. Every woman, every pregnancy is different. Just try to eat healthy, stay active (i need to do more, but it's TOOOOOOOO cold here!) and enjoy your pregnancy. Don't let the numbers on the scale stress you out. You're building a human being! Everyone's body responds differently. Some people put on all the weight in the beginning and none in the end. some will put it on all in the end. You will even out. It is very tough on our emotions to see the numbers on the scale go up. But your body is doing exactly what it is supposed to do and what it knows to do to have a healthy little baby. You will loose it all after the baby is born. :thumbup:

and BTW...Ive been much happier since giving up on the scale!

I had to stop getting on the scale because I was losing weight and it was upsetting me. I got on it today and have maintained my weight for several weeks now. I am okay with maintaining. I am still 10 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight, but since I am overweight the doctors have no concerns.

And like lmbhj said I will probably gain later as my body catches up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->