July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

My heart and thoughts go out to you, Neesaw :hugs: I'm so very sorry for your losses :cry:

So sorry to hear the Neesaw :hug:

Glad you and your ex are managing to get on Brandi

hey Ladies,

I went for my scan this morning, and baby was sucking away on her thumb... So cute...

Dr has put me on a diet, no more dairy, no breakfast, only 2 meals a day, coffee for breakfast, and 2 glasses of ice water before each meal.

And this is because of the diabetes scare....

He too does not want me putting on any weight....

I have thrush, and I am anemic, so his given me iron tabs and a cream to apply... :-(

Baby measured at 16 weeks 5 days..... :)

Tymeg - seriously? That sounds like quite an extreme diet he's got you on there....I presume he knows what he's doing though! Glad your scan went well! x

Yeah Linny, Seriously, I was like WHAT...??!!!

No dairy?? So no cheese then? No fruit juice what so ever, and only 2 fruits a day, and I can have diet soda's.

The reason for this, is I have PCOS and insulin resistant, and apparently when you are pregnant your body absorbs everything, and with me having both of these, my body does not work so I will pick up a huge amount of weight and will get diabetes, and put baby at risk... he scared the shit out of me to be honest...

I was not prepared for that...

BUT on the bright side, he was super excited, for us, and was jumping up and down, when he saw me in his office, because 2 years ago I sat crying in his office, when he told me that my struggle will begin, BUT he will do everything in his power to help me, and he referred me to my FS....

I am so sorry to hear that neesaw :hugs: they'll be the brightest little stars in the sky!! xx

I had my 16 week midwife app today (a day before my 18th week :dohh: ) And bearing in mind that's its January, my next one isn't until 10th april..28 weeks. That seems crazy but apparently because its my second and im low risk that's when it is.

Victoria - are you having a 20 week scan? I'm trying to think when my next one is - I think it's in 5 more weeks - perhaps because this is my first? Seems like a long wait anyway!

Tymeg - I can understand cutting back on sugars i'm a bit baffled by cheese though? And this before you've even actually been diagnosed with Gestational diabetes? I suppose prevention is better than a cure, it does seem a little harsh though! It's great that he's happy for you though, I guess he just wants the best for you and your baby - which is all you could want for really! Very happy for you after what you appear to have been through to get here X

Victoria - I had my 16 week appointment this week and other than my 20 week scan the next time I see a midwife is at 28 weeks too, that's like 12 weeks from now! Seems soooo long to go!

I had my 16 week midwife app today (a day before my 18th week :dohh: ) And bearing in mind that's its January, my next one isn't until 10th april..28 weeks. That seems crazy but apparently because its my second and im low risk that's when it is.

Tell me about it! As I had hospital yesterday I assumed I'd be seen by a mw before the consultant. Nope, I was supposed to book an appointment with my community mw :dohh: But they were kind enough to check my urine and BP as I said I'd had a few headaches. So next one 28 weeks here too - scary!

Yeah you see the midwife a lot more with your first.

My midwife did say that if I felt like it was ages away when I got to around 24 weeks I could pop in to 'drop in' afternoon to just hear the little ones heartbeat to put me at ease and break it up abit, which is nice.

OH also felt the baby kick a few times in sequence last night :) was one of those moments that makes me squeal with happiness inside every time I think about it! :haha:

My next appointment is on the 4th March for my 20 week scan
But I will be 20 and 5 days and then I have another scan on the 7th march back with my gynae after the anomaly scan....

My 20 week scan is the 13th Feb and I'm seeing my GP for mental health in 4 weeks.

I'm beginning to think this baby dislikes my left ovary because yesterday and today it's hurt like she's sitting on it or something lol

My 20 week scan is obviously 6 weeks away ha ha. Ages away :-(

Got the midwife on 10th for risk of downs syndrome blood tests. And I'm good to want to hear the heartbeat. It's so long between appointments, every 4 weeks seems ages, but it is my first x

I've got my 20 week scan on the 17th and cannot wait! And like you Toffee, 4 weeks seems ages. Last heard LO's heartbeat at 16 weeks and wish there was a way to hear it more often without purchasing a doppler.

On the plus side I can feel a lot more movement, and as that gets stronger I'm sure that will be all the reassurance I need :cloud9:

My scan's the 13th too. I can't wait! But also am still a bit nervous - does anyone else get like that before a scan?

Mine is three weeks away and I'm excited but nervous too, I think it's totally natural to be, especially as the 20 week scan is the anomaly scan and the whole purpose of it is to look for issues :s

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->