July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

Congratulations Brandi! I'm so happy that you got the result you wanted! You can start clothes shopping in earnest now :happydance:

Thanks everyone. I can't wait to go nuts shopping for little boy clothes. My son is going to be so excited for a little brother.

And for mother's instinct, Leash, mine's 4 for 4 now, lol. I knew very early on what all four of mine were. With my youngest and with Kesler, going through Walmart or Babies R Us, I had ZERO attraction to the opposite gender stuff. With my daughter, I couldn't bring myself to look at boy things cuz I just knew she was a girl and this time, I've had no desire to look at girl things and already bought lots of boy things even before yesterday.

Right after the ultrasound yesterday, I stopped at Target and found a really cute newborn sleeper with a penguin on it that says Little Brother, but also bought my friend a newborn girl sleeper with ballerina monkeys on it.

Can't wait for the gender reveal!!!

But I got upset with my mom last night...grrr. She is adamant that Kesler is a girl. I didn't tell her about the ultrasound yesterday but she likes to tell me that I'm setting myself and my kids up for disappointment in thinking the baby is a boy and that I'm not going to love the baby if it's a girl and that my kids won't believe the baby is theirs WHEN it comes out a girl.

So last night, I pretty much lost it on her before the ultrasound and said she's going to be the one disappointed and that I probably can't even do a gender reveal because when I confirm he's a boy, she'll still deny it and call him a girl and that when he comes out and that penis pisses all over her, she'll still be in denial.

So for my gender reveal next week, I'm going to see if my friend will make ONE cupcake with pink filling and the rest blue so that I can give her the pink one and when she bites into it and sees pink and gets overly excited, I can ask her why everyone else's is blue and then shove a potty shot in her face. lmao

Welcome Selene!!!!

I have a question for you ladies. I'm a FTM so I have no idea how I am going to be feeling later on in pregnancy - aside from uncomfortable!

I want to book a babymoon weekend with DH. As we live on the Spanish southern coast I was hoping to book a long weekend at a nice hotel, but I'd like to leave it as late as possible so that we can enjoy a bit of swimming in the pool etc and it only really gets warm enough late May/early June. My due date is July 6th. Would that be leaving things late, baring in mind I'm planning on a super lazy weekend of lounging. Or would it be perfect for around then?

If I'll be too uncomfortable then I can always make do with indoor heated pools and book it earlier!

Just want a bit of him and me time before we become a family :)

good morning ladies. Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Mine was good, well spent with my youngest daughter and wifey. We've an u/s tomorrow morning and I have had wicked thoughts of the u/s showing we are in fact having a girl! LOL Crazy to have those thoughts right?! Granted I wouldn't be disappointed in the least nor would the wifey but just crazy to think that. We've already bought him 4 lil outfits/onesies! HEHE I finally broke down and bought maternity clothes last week when we were in San Antonio for a lil getaway from the drama we are dealing with. We stopped at a store called Maternity Destination, which had Pea in a Pod, Motherhood and 1 other brand but I don't recall the name of it off the top of my head. I ended up getting 3 pr of jeans, skinny, boot cut and a red skinny pair, along with 5 tops. I don't think I'll buy anymore maternity stuff as when spring sets in fully I can probably get away with dresses and such which I can wear after birth too. My belly still isn't out enough to hold up the maternity jeans really good but they are comfortable so I wear them to work since I sit on my butt 8 hrs! Still really haven't felt him much. I'll get a flutter where I stop what I'm doing and think was that him...obviously it must be. I cant wait to feel him move more and have the wifey feel him as well. I'm gonna ask sono tech where my placenta is so I have a better idea of where I can expect to feel him. Who else has scans or appts this week?

Thank you, Isaac!!!

Isn't it so much fun buying baby clothes, Sassy? My friend surprised me with a bunch of boy stuff this morning. I swear by the end of our pregnancies, we'll have bought more for each other than we did for our own babies, lol.

My next ultrasound is February 19. I'm pretending that the days can't go by fast enough and that I want to find out what Kesler is, cuz I haven't done the Facebook reveal yet, lol.

Yes it is fun shopping now that we know what we are having. Hard to not go crazy but I know we'll get a ton of stuff at our shower. How exciting Krissie, cant wait to hear what you're having.

It's a good thing I only had $17 in my bank account after my ultrasound yesterday cuz I would have gone NUTS at Target with all the clearance stuff.

I did get a really cute sleeper that says Little Brother on it for $4, and bought my friend a sleeper with monkey ballerinas on it for $5. I soooo wanted to buy the whole freaking store.

It's a good thing I only had $17 in my bank account after my ultrasound yesterday cuz I would have gone NUTS at Target with all the clearance stuff.

I did get a really cute sleeper that says Little Brother on it for $4, and bought my friend a sleeper with monkey ballerinas on it for $5. I soooo wanted to buy the whole freaking store.

I am afraid of that as we just got our tax return back. I am hoping to keep in mind we have a baby shower coming up and will get a ton of stuff. I am going to focus more on decor, or at least try.

The only large item I still need is the breast pump and the mobile to go with the crib bedding set. Other than that, I just have to stock up on clothes. I'm going to go NUTS when the tax return comes back, lol.

Cally as you're not flying that time sounds perfect for a babymoon! Xxx

For those in the US wanting to breast feed / pump, I just found out I can get a breast pump for free through my insurance. All insurances are now mandated to provide breast pumps. My insurance gives you 255$ to spend on a pump as long as you buy it with a prescription through an approved vendor. Just thought I would share since this is a pretty expensive item!

Congratulations Brandi! Wohoo its a boy <3 It is so good to finally know. I cant wait to find out they booked my US on the 20th of March so I haven't gone out to buy anything yet XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->