July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

For those in the US wanting to breast feed / pump, I just found out I can get a breast pump for free through my insurance. All insurances are now mandated to provide breast pumps. My insurance gives you 255$ to spend on a pump as long as you buy it with a prescription through an approved vendor. Just thought I would share since this is a pretty expensive item!

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it! Breast pumps are crazy expensive so this definitely helps.

For those in the US wanting to breast feed / pump, I just found out I can get a breast pump for free through my insurance. All insurances are now mandated to provide breast pumps. My insurance gives you 255$ to spend on a pump as long as you buy it with a prescription through an approved vendor. Just thought I would share since this is a pretty expensive item!

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it! Breast pumps are crazy expensive so this definitely helps.

I didn't know until one of my coworkers mentioned it to me. I don't think insurance companies advertise this! I know each insurance has different policies about renting vs buying and what type of pump you can get. I have BCBS and when I called to ask they seem to have very liberal policies on this. You are allowed one pump per pregnancy, two pumps if you can demonstrate need (I was shocked by this...), you can buy any pump but if it is more expensive than the approved $ amount you just have to pay the difference. The medela in style backpack I want is 269$ so I only have to pay 15$!

That is awesome! I wish they had something like that here! The pump I want is $300.

I didn't know until one of my coworkers mentioned it to me. I don't think insurance companies advertise this! I know each insurance has different policies about renting vs buying and what type of pump you can get. I have BCBS and when I called to ask they seem to have very liberal policies on this. You are allowed one pump per pregnancy, two pumps if you can demonstrate need (I was shocked by this...), you can buy any pump but if it is more expensive than the approved $ amount you just have to pay the difference. The medela in style backpack I want is 269$ so I only have to pay 15$!

I wouldn't of known if you hadn't mentioned it. I have Anthem Blue Cross PPO (which I think is the same as your insurance) and got off the phone with them after a 2 hour hold and they said that they will cover the pump at 100%. That is so great, what a wonderful service. I am planning on looking into a Medela as well, there is no max approved limit so I won't have to pay anything out of pocket. Thanks once again hun.

That is great tooth! Glad I could help. The reviews on the newer medela freestyle pump aren't very good, from what I can tell the medela in style is a better pump. The in style comes in a couple different versions. If anyone had used these or other pumps, let me know! I would love the input.

That is great tooth! Glad I could help. The reviews on the newer medela freestyle pump aren't very good, from what I can tell the medela in style is a better pump. The in style comes in a couple different versions. If anyone had used these or other pumps, let me know! I would love the input.

Yes, sure thing! I'll ask around and I'll also let you know :D

Hi ladies!

I was wondering if I'm the only one having little vaginal contractions once in a while? This is really dumb, but would you feel true contractions around the belly button area or vagina? Any advice would be appreciated, thank you. Kinda scared ATM.

Hey Tooth, sorry you feeling scared, Im sure its normal,

I havent had any of those yet,

Although on Sunday I had a twitch in lower right abdomen, its felt like a nerve or something, and my leg actually kicked up....

I think it's the temperature at which prunes become raisins. In 27 years, I've never experience a day that cold, but I guess I'll find out tomorrow, lol.

Hi ladies!

I was wondering if I'm the only one having little vaginal contractions once in a while? This is really dumb, but would you feel true contractions around the belly button area or vagina? Any advice would be appreciated, thank you. Kinda scared ATM.

I keep getting strange pains in my vagina and not sure what it is, I think it feels more like an ache or a cramp though. I have just put it down to one of those pregnancy things really. If it gets worse I will ask my MW about it.

X

I was getting a lot of twinges in the vagina - up near the cervix and shooting down for a few days around 16 weeks. Was a bit unnerving but then it just stopped. Now I get it once in a blue moon. I called mw and she said probably just part of round ligament pain or a nerve being pinched. Obviously call doctor if it gets worse though ! Sure it'll be fine x

Hey Tooth,

I've had something similar and was told it's round ligament pains. Baby does a lot of growing around now so it's v common. You know your body best though, if something doesn't feel right it's always best to ask your midwife.

I've had a headache three days in a row now and generally been feeling rough. I'm v nauseous this morning and don't have much of an appetite. It might just be a bug of some sort but I'm going to the midwife just to have my blood pressure taken etc to make sure everything is ok.

Better safe than sorry. In the past I'd have waited this kind of stuff out, but now I've got another life on board I'd rather risk wasting the midwife's time than potentially miss something serious.

Hi ladies!

Yup yup i have been having them a lot lately. Sometimes they can be very sharp and sudden. I haven't had any around my belly button though. I was told its normal. If there are any signs of bleeding or instinctively you feel this doesn't feel right its best to seek the midwife. Best of luck <3
Oh and someone posted on another thread that walking makes all the aches and pains better. So far it has been working with me even if just sit and sway on the birthing ball. :hugs:

I agree, moving really helps the aches and pains! I sit all day at work and I find i'm far worse after a day of that than on weekends

so the last couple days ive been having what i believe are braxton hicks. Sunday night it happened a few times in the evening. Feels almost like i'm going to have diarrhea (sorry TMI), but its a stomach turning, tightening, crampy feeling that lasts about a minute or 2 then goes away.
I've read they can come from being very active, or the baby being very active.

Anyone had these?

OMW lmbhj, now I have been having that as well all weekend,
I thought maybe something I ate obviously didnt agree with me, did not think of braxton hicks....

OMW lmbhj, now I have been having that as well all weekend,
I thought maybe something I ate obviously didnt agree with me, did not think of braxton hicks....

I was just talking to the OBGYN i work with and she said BH is what i have been feeling. totally normal.

I have an anterior placenta so i haven't been feeling much of anything. Thought last night i do believe i felt some "slithering" it felt like. LIke something turning over in my belly. I was sitting so it was just below my belly button. Must have been a new area with no placenta the baby can now reach. Cant wait to feel some real kicks! :thumbup:

Also,i'm having a boy, but i wonder if this is the reason i have had ZERO sex drive? The extra testosterone? who knows.

LOL, I have had a sex drive, but hubby is oh so scared, he doesnt want to come near me, in case he hurts her... LOL

I have felt the kicks and punches already....

My one is a busy bee.....

Hey ladies. I have had some weird pains as well. Really low like in my private area. Almost like a pulling. They say the more kids you have the greater the Stretching. Well this is my 3rd and OH MY GOSH. I notice it more when I sit behind a desk all day then get up to walk. I hate this time of year. We have about 6 inches of snow on the ground so cant really get out and do some walking. I have started taking brief walks around work (we have 3 stories) and it seems to help. Still doing the yoga at night too.
Just try to remember baby is growing in there and our bodies have to make room for them :thumbup:

Thursday marks 21 weeks for me (EEEKKKK)
Anyone else feel like its dragging out now that we're in the 2nd trimester and know what your having? I cant wait to meet Andrew.
Get to see him again Saturday though for my 3d-4d sono. My Son who is 3 1/2 is getting excited too. He cant wait to see his Bubba. We'll see if that continues once we're there. :happydance:

With my Placenta being in the back and Andrew head up if he doesn't turn soon him and I are going to be having a talk. I think he thinks my bladder is his own personal dance floor :(

Have a GREAT day ladies

All went well at the hospital. Blood pressure was good, urine was pretty good (except a bit of extra protein?) and bean's heart was pumping away. The midwife asked for a Doc's opinion who said that migraine sufferers usually don't suffer at all in pregnancy, or if they do, have v different types of headaches and that I probably just have that and can take co-codomol. But she said she was v. happy I came in and if it were to get worse/continue not to worry about coming in again. Headache can be a symptom of a number of things, but they have ruled out the most obvious things like pre-eclampsia for now. (Although it would be strangely early to be suffering with it this early).
Congrats to everyone on your gender reveals!
Got my 20 week scan on the 17th which I can't wait for, although I'm determined to stay team yellow. Like JackJack says, I'm worried about how long it will stretch out if I find out that soon. Although I'm pretty sure it will be a long stretch regardless! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->