July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

Thank you ladies, youve been wonderful. I will post updates and you can follow my journey on my TTC journal in my siggy. Wishing you all the best. I'll be leaving this thread and hope to join an August one , xoxo

Thank you ladies, youve been wonderful. I will post updates and you can follow my journey on my TTC journal in my siggy. Wishing you all the best. I'll be leaving this thread and hope to join an August one , xoxo

xxxxxxx sorry to hear Jokerette and best of luck with your next cycle :cry: :hugs:

Following my spotting a week ago EPAU have been in contact and I'm headed in tomorrow for a blood test to see if my levels are high enough for a scan. Not sure what the threshold for getting a scan will be, but at least I'm under EPAU now and they are seeing me. Hopefully it won't be long until I can get some scans and know this baby is ok.

Best of luck x

Well... my cramps have calmed down thank goodness for that! I find myself rubbing my tummy all the time - I have to stop myself in public sometimes LOL - they may think I have a tummy bug or something and I'll scare them off! Still got this blimmin cold and now with blocked ears to add to it! Boobs are still sore and extremely nauseas from about 4pm onwards. Fine through the day though just hungry ALL THE TIME! but don't feel like anything in my cupboards :haha: Also had another HCG beta today so waiting on those results.

How is everyone else?

Went to a doctor this morning and he says my cramps sound like implantation and stretching pains and have me a referral for an ultra sound and if the cramps get worse or any sign of blood I can go and check it out. My hcg is 140 so showing 4 weeks but my lmp says I should be 5 weeks although I thought I O'd very late, so maybe that's it..
Starting to feel excited although I'm still scared of having another mc.

Good luck to all you ladies!!!

I have found this website very helpful :)

https://www.babymed.com/normal-hcg-levels-pregnancy-diagnosis

So sorry for your loss Jokerette, hope to see you back in first tri very very soon!!!

Have felt very un-pregnant all day today. Have scan tomorrow afternoon, should be exactly 6 weeks based on anticipated ovulation date from trigger shot but have a feeling I may have ovulated a few days later than usual. Just hope they can see a lovely beating heart but know that it could be too soon.

Towards the end of the night boobs started feeling heavier and a bit tingly but that's pretty much it.

Does anyone else wake up in the middle of the night with like an excited or electric feeling in your stomach? Kind of the same you feel when you are scared/nervous/anxious? It happens when I'm sound asleep and wakes me up and then I lay there for what feels like forever trying to fall asleep and I can't due to butterflies in my stomach. I think I remember a similar feeling when I was preg with DD.

I had my first ultrasound today at 4w6d and they weren't able to see anything. The tech was very tight lipped. She wouldn't tell me much, which made me nervous. I saw what appeared to me to be the gestational sac, but she wouldn't confirm. She was unable to locate my left ovary, which was unnerving. And when she was done, I was in a moderate amount of pain and discomfort. I've never had a trans-vaginal ultrasound done before, so I had no idea what to expect, especially this early. I will probably not get another trans-vaginal one if I can help it. She told me that she would take the images to the radiologist and he would read them and call the dr's office with the report. I was told to go upstairs and see my OB's nurse for further instructions. By the time I got upstairs, the radiologist had already called in the report. The nurse told me that radiologist determined that the pregnancy is IUP (intrauterine) but until they can detect a yolk sac, they can't officially say that it's not an ectopic or molar pregnancy. Which confuses me because if it's intrauterine, then isn't it not ectopic, unless there's one intrauterine and one ectopic which would make it a heterotopic pregnancy, but no other gestational sac was detected. There was only one gestational sac detected, it was intrauterine and it measured at 8mm. The report said "Very Early IUP, <5weeks." But wouldn't 8mm put me at 5w1d?

Should I be concerned that no yolk sac was detected? I know it's WAY early, but, my second beta was 1524 and that was on October 30th. If my hcg is doubling per 48hrs, wouldn't I be at >6000 by now? That's beta hcg level at which the yolk sac should be visible, right?

I thought I'd be relieved after having an early ultrasound, but I just have more questions and confusion than ever before. I think I would have been better waiting until at least 7 or 8 weeks. I don't know why they had me do one so early when they aren't going to be able to give me any concrete answers until the next one, which will be at 7 or 8 weeks anyway. I can't wait to talk to the Dr. on Wednesday.

:hugs:

I had my first ultrasound today at 4w6d and they weren't able to see anything. The tech was very tight lipped. She wouldn't tell me much, which made me nervous. I saw what appeared to me to be the gestational sac, but she wouldn't confirm. She was unable to locate my left ovary, which was unnerving. And when she was done, I was in a moderate amount of pain and discomfort. I've never had a trans-vaginal ultrasound done before, so I had no idea what to expect, especially this early. I will probably not get another trans-vaginal one if I can help it. She told me that she would take the images to the radiologist and he would read them and call the dr's office with the report. I was told to go upstairs and see my OB's nurse for further instructions. By the time I got upstairs, the radiologist had already called in the report. The nurse told me that radiologist determined that the pregnancy is IUP (intrauterine) but until they can detect a yolk sac, they can't officially say that it's not an ectopic or molar pregnancy. Which confuses me because if it's intrauterine, then isn't it not ectopic, unless there's one intrauterine and one ectopic which would make it a heterotopic pregnancy, but no other gestational sac was detected. There was only one gestational sac detected, it was intrauterine and it measured at 8mm. The report said "Very Early IUP, <5weeks." But wouldn't 8mm put me at 5w1d?

Should I be concerned that no yolk sac was detected? I know it's WAY early, but, my second beta was 1524 and that was on October 30th. If my hcg is doubling per 48hrs, wouldn't I be at >6000 by now? That's beta hcg level at which the yolk sac should be visible, right?

I thought I'd be relieved after having an early ultrasound, but I just have more questions and confusion than ever before. I think I would have been better waiting until at least 7 or 8 weeks. I don't know why they had me do one so early when they aren't going to be able to give me any concrete answers until the next one, which will be at 7 or 8 weeks anyway. I can't wait to talk to the Dr. on Wednesday.

Oh Gypsey :hugs: I can understand why you must be so frustrated!!! Remember HCG doubles every 24 - 72 hours not always 48 hours hun... it may just be doubling at the later rate than the earlier. I would think it's not ectopic but why they couldn't find your other ovary? That's just strange. Could you go to a different radiologist next time? That is still a high HCG level to me for your dates :) Hang in there. :flower:

I'm sorry you're going thru this :hugs: sadly no seeing a sac in the uterus does not eliminate it being an ectopic. I had an ectopic in July and they saw a sac in my uterus, I thought they were going mad! But it was a pseudosac, these are formed in ectopic pregnancies BUT....

I don't think they would have written IUP as that is confirmation they have seen a pregnancy in uterine if they believed that it was ectopic :hugs:

You're going to worry and be stressed but try and keep a little faith, I'll keep you in my thoughts :flower:

Jokerette m sorry for your loss :( after two consecutive losses i feel paranoid abput posting so much. Im almost 6 weeks and will call mw today, will prob have scan at end of mnth (8/9 weeks) they dont do betas here.

I'm horrified how a lot of you can't get blood tests and scans when you want them...
When are you girls given a midwife?
Our blood tests are free and our pregnancy scans, our Zofran is $3 a script and we get as much as we need. I hope things get better for you all soon xox

Try not to get too worked up about your u/s hun I think they just try not to over promise what they see and are cautious. But I also find if they're genuinely worried they tell you so you can be prepared for the worst. Try and relax and sit tight for your next one and by then you should have a flickering heartbeat to see.
Good luck to everyone else for blood tests and scans etc.

I'm trying to stay calm and sensible about the whole thing at the moment. I'm trying to putt any spotting down to the burst vessel I had during egg collection as it could be little beans growing is knocking some loose. 5+4 today so I can finally round up to 6 weeks lol. I had such a sleepless night last night, load of vivid dreams and waking up every two hours wasn't fun but I feel strangely refreshed anyway.

Hope everyone has a lovely Tuesday :)

I'm horrified how a lot of you can't get blood tests and scans when you want them...
Our blood tests are free and our pregnancy scans, our Zofran is $3 a script and we get as much as we need. I hope things get better for you all soon xox

Me too. I actually feel priviliged and blessed that I have everything open to me and that I can decide when and how much I want tests or scans done.

Me too. I actually feel priviliged and blessed that I have everything open to me and that I can decide when and how much I want tests or scans done.

I know, it sucks! Here, you would only get a scan if there is something wrong and you push for one (like a lot of bleeding or pain) or you have a history of miscarriage or high risk pregnancy. Otherwise we have to wait till 12 weeks for our first ultrasound. :coffee: They don't do routine betas either, I doubt my doctor would give me one even if I begged for it.

I still got a 2-3 on CBD this morning, but I had my 3+ with DS by this stage. But for the first time in this pg the test line is darker than the control on my cheapie. (Not that I'm obsessing or anything :haha:)

My IC's are still quite faint :( but I think I ovulated quite late so that might be why. Had a good strong line on a FRER and 1-2 weeks on a Digi when I found out at 4+1 though :) guess I'll just have to see how it goes. Had a tiny bit of orange on the toilet paper when I wiped last night. Went to pee twice in the night and once this morning and had nothing since, so again, I'll just have to see how it goes. I'm only 4+4 so it's not as if anything could be done/seen if I DO get anymore spotting anyway. Hope everyone is ok xx

I've opted out of blood tests completely, I don't want to put myself through the stress of bhcg figures. I have a scan on Monday and I'd rather just wait for that. I've seen so many ladies (myself included) be devastated by those numbers and in some cases the worry has be unfounded.

I think the other thing is that uk healthcare is paid for by the government out of our taxes, they save money where ever they can and those with the almighty power feel bhcg testing is not essential unless you have had previous problems. If you are paying I reckon you probably could get bhcg as routine but with the NHS they have guidelines to follow and it's at the discretion of your dr/midwife/nurse on what they allow you to have.

I am grateful for the NHS but sometimes I wish we had more power in requesting things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->