July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

I managed to nibble a stem ginger biscuit and it helped. Weirdly mine seems worse when . Need a BM

Thing with tgi's is that you get the smell of cooking, too :( good luck with that one!!

I've just had two mince pies with cream! A BAD idea.

That is exactly the problem in my mind, it's going to be the smells that get me :cry:

I called my mom tonight to let her know about when the ultrasound will be and let her know the moved it to the hospital because if it is ectopic, they'll rush me straight to surgery.

She told me that she feels bad for saying this, because how do you wish something so horrible, but she's praying it is an ectopic pregnancy because "It's not the right time for me to have a baby".

Thanks Mom!

Thats horrible Brandie. My mom didnt sound exactly over the moon about me being pg either but I hope she comes around. I'm praying it is not but that is good they are taking precautions.

Sounds silly but when I feel really nauseous, I just take a deep breath through my nose for 5 seconds, hold for 5, then release through mouth for 5. I'll
Do this a few times until it subsides. Makes me feel as if I have a bit more control over it!!

I remember my last pregnancy, I felt so so Ill, Masterchef was on the tv, and I was literally
Gagging whilst watching it. Never had as much MS as I did then...was a girl :)

I really believe this is a boy!!! It matches every symptom I had with my firstborn, and he was really laid back in utero. Still is at almost 5 years old!

I've always been the most nauseous with my girls so I very strongly believe this is a girl. My intuition had never been wrong yet but we're not finding out so I just have to wait til July.

I REALLY want this baby's gender to be kept a surprise, too!! Keep chopping and changing between whether or not to find out!

If you're like that I'd say don't :rofl: at the end of the day you will eventually find out and you can guarantee if you do find out within a few days you'll be all 'I wish we'd waited' :rofl:

I started taking a magnesium supplement at night time and I have noticed my sleep improving :)

Brandy, I can't believe what your Mum said! :hugs: A friend yesterday told me that at my reception party in Spain my Mother in Law was talking to a good family friend of my DH and she was basically asking this friend to speak to my DH and tell him it would be a bad idea to have children soon. This is someone who he really respects, she then went and told him a week later. It hurt me at the time, and now I know that my MIL was behind it makes me so angry! So manipulative! Especially as they didn't involve me in the convo. I already knew my parents will be much more excited by this news than DH's, but I didn't realise just how awkward it's going to be.

I think it's doubly insensitive because I am going on 28, but was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 24 and my gynae told me if I wanted to conceive naturally it would be wise to crack on with it early, so I feel like I've already waited long enough! I appreciate my DH is 2 years younger than me, but he's not a child anymore! I'm contemplating letting her know that I know what she did, but wondering if it's worth it. I definitely won't let them know I'm pregnant until I'm out of the first tri because I think if we lose it, she will come out with a similar comment to your Mum Brandy.

Anyway, thankfully my DH obviously didn't listen to the advice so Cally 1:0 MIL !!! (This is the same MIL who openly spoke about how we were too young to marry the first time we met with the priest who was marrying us...grrrr!!!)

Rant over!

Hope you're all feeling ok. xxx

Wow, its hard to believe that some people can be so insensitive!!
I would be a livid mess if I thought for one second an in-law would be a smug I-told-you-so if I didn't make it through first tri!!
Perhaps its best if you avoid your in-laws for awhile, I've had to do that sometimes as my husbands aunt (his blood uncles wife) can be a serious beeeactch sometimes, and a few months space and time can do wonders lol

Good luck navigating those political waters!! Just know that we are always supportive!! and I know I for one don't mind rants lol

I'm sorry some of you have some really awful "support" networks. I count myself lucky everyday that no-one will begrudge us this baby (well no one who counts) and all 3 sets of parents are over the moon.
Had a rubbish day at work and I'm so glad to be going home now, will be spending the night vegging on the sofa watching children in need :D
Anyone have any exciting plans tonight?

Wow I cant believe how insensitive people can be!!

I will be telling my parents tonight (they are visiting for my sons birthday, and wont see them again until new year) but my mum made it clear earlier this year that she doesnt think its the right time for another baby. So I am dreading it...

Xxx

My plans tonight are laying on the couch watching netflix or reading my book. My husband volunteers as a sports therapist for this local basketball team, so he spends his Fridays with a bunch of dudes.. not exactly my cup of tea.

Tomorrow though Im taking my 5 year old nephew to see Free Bird, the new thanksgiving cartoon movie about turkeys escaping their dinner fate lol, should be fun

We will be decorating our Christmas tree, got it out and put up last night. I'm sure Sat or Sun the wifey will put the lights on the house. Not sure what else we'll do this weekend. I need to go grocery shopping, bleh, maybe tomorrow morning. My work is dragging as the project is almost done so there isn't a whole lot for us office ppl to do so I am bored out of my mind. And this pregnancy is dragging by. I want to get to that place where I dont worry about a miscarriage and dont check for blood every time I go to the bathroom...........tho I feel completely fine!!

Hey ladies!
New symptom: Food aversions. The lemon honey tea ive been drinking every morning for 2 weeks...ugh! Cant even think about it. Really any tea for that matter. Also cant eat my yogurt and granola breakfast i have been eating for 3 months. WTH!
Had a few flashes of nausea yesterday. But none today.

As for the weekend, tonight there is a basketball game on, so i am thinking of watching a movie in the other room with the dog. Ill probably fall asleep at 830 anyways! Maybe ill splurge and buy some alcohol free wine or beer too. (watch out...party animal here!)
Then tomorrow the in-laws are coming over to cook some traditional Turkish food. and Sunday i have a jewelry party at my girlfriends house. Nothing too exciting! Ultrasound one week from today! :) Feeling hopeful!

I've been feeling food aversions too!! Nothing seems appealing to me, until i start eating it then its delicious!! lol

Hi Ladies,

May I please join this thread. I'm currently 6 weeks and 1 day and due on 10 July :happydance:

Hi Frustrated!! Sorry to hear some of you have food aversions, I'm still always hungry waiting on my tea

Hi Frustrated, we are due date buddies! :happydance: Welcome to the group.

Congrats and welcome Frustrated!

Let us know how it goes Sailorsgirl. I'm sure how she feels hypothetically is not how she'll feel when she hears it for real :) At least I hope so!

And thanks swampmaiden, it was good to get that off my chest. Feeling a lot better about it already. And you're right, distance is a great healer! :haha:

Thanks hun. Just waiting for them to arrive...getting really nervous. Hope everyone elses plans are fun tonight xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->