July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

im very excited to see how many babies our bubba will share a birthdate with. this will be our third. we have a boys name picked but no thoughts on a girl yet... really hoping for a another boy.

I'd prefer a boy but my step-daughter will want it to be a girl, she has 3 brothers already. Really I'd be happy with either.

My family doctor has ordered an ultrasound for me for next Thursday, November 21. I'll be 5w3d so we SHOULD be able to see AT LEAST a sac. Assuming my levels continue to double every 48 hours (been more than doubling in less time than that) my levels will be 6400, so SOMETHING should show either way.

Just had the news I was waiting for!!

My Hubby and I had our DNA karyotyped to check for translocation, to see what caused the Downs Syndrome with our last baby. it took 8 WEEKS for the results to come back, so as you can imagine, I have been very nervous with this pregnancy.

So the results have said we both have normal genes. It wasn't caused by translocation, it was just a rare fluke that we had a t21 baby. So happy we are both fine!!

they have suggested we can have an early scan but ill be honest, it wouldn't help reassure me because I have had problems at 10 weeks, so nothing like that would help!! But I'll see what my nuchal scan results are before we decide whether to have an Amnio or CVS to guarantee results. Either way, we are so so relieved!!

Thankyou girls. Honestly, was shaking like a leaf opening the letter up! Fingers crossed for a good scan, now! How is everyone else feeling? Still no sickness!! Praying it doesn't hite this week!

Very crampy today here. Otherwise, not too bad. Made my first unhealthy choice today, and am eating Taco Bell for lunch, lol. After all the stress this week, I thought I was entitled to one unhealthy choice, lol. Can't believe it's already been a week since I found out I'm pregnant.

I understand your fear, Jakes. My oldest has microcephaly and an undiagnosed neurometabolic condition. Every genetic test we've done has that nervousness when the results come back. Unfortunately, 4 years old testing later, we still don't have any answers.

That's good news, I like good news. I've had karyotyping too with egg share so that was a relief.
I've had some crampy, more nausea and heartburns getting worse today. I'll accept it for a healthy pregnancy though.

It seems like forever since I've been on. This forum seems to move very quickly.
Brief Update.
I spend all day not feeling well. No throwing up but not comfortable either. I did ask my mid-wife if there was anything that would help and she recommended "Preggie Pop Drops" found in most drug stores, or peppermints, or chewing gum. Seems to help :)
Headaches seem to be an everyday thing now as well.
Went to the Doctors Monday and they drew blood. They dont really check HCG levels and you dont get a call back on blood work unless there is something to worry about.... NO call back :)
Also had my first scan:happydance: and Baby is in Uterus and saw the heart beat.
Amazing how quickly they still your heart.
Picked names out this weekend. My first two are named after Family so it only seems right to continue the tradition.
If its a girl... Ashlynn (Lynn after baby sister) Jenny (Middle sisters name) Ann (mothers middle name) Yes 2 middle name.
If its a Boy Andrew (Always like that name) Loren (Step-fathers name)

Hope everyone else is doing well. Take Care

JakesMummy - that is great news! :happydance: Very happy for you.

I think the nausea has started to kick in for me now. I started a thread saying that I had none and then - BOOM, thew up once this afternoon and am now sat here feeling pretty terrible. The only thing that helps is eating, and I am also *constantly* hungry so I'm piling the weight on. Have gained 7ish lbs in 2 weeks!!!! :dohh: The only thing that appeals to me is junk food - I was the same with my previous pregnancy, so I'm going to have to watch out for that.

YAY for seeing the heartbeat in the right place! Great name choices too!

Thanks ladies for all the insights into the folate/folic acid. Sometimes having a discussion with real people with experience is far superior to surfing the internet alone. I'm glad I didn't fork out the dough for those expensive folate pills, and I feel reassured because we already eat lots of kale and beans and cabbage. lol yes hubby can be a bit of a fart rocket haha

Welcome Mum, thats amazing you just found out you were pregnant at nearly 7 weeks! That shaves off like 2 weeks of worrying lol, it's a tough balance between knowing too early (worrying begins sooner) or finding out too late (darn that bottle of wine last night...)

Have a lovely day ladies, it's another beautiful blue sky warm day here in this paradise called southern california. ;)

I haven't caught up again sorry, I'm getting a migrane so I can barely see

Family doctor just called back and they had to push my ultrasound back to November 26. I'll be 6w1d and will probably be able to see the heartbeat by then if it's in the uterus!! :happydance:

So, just for that, I don't mind waiting an extra 5 days.

And my bloodwork yesterday was 465!!! So still more than doubling!

I called my mom tonight to let her know about when the ultrasound will be and let her know the moved it to the hospital because if it is ectopic, they'll rush me straight to surgery.

She told me that she feels bad for saying this, because how do you wish something so horrible, but she's praying it is an ectopic pregnancy because "It's not the right time for me to have a baby".

Thanks Mom!

geez Brandi, just can't get a break can you? ;)
Well, your moms opinion is only that, her OPINION! Obviously its the right time, all things have their place under this sun... stay positive lady!! :)

Most pregnancies after a tubal reversal don't occur until 6-8 months after the reversal, sometimes longer. If Freckle weren't meant to be here, I wouldn't be pregnant with him at all.

I'm believing that Freckle is in the uterus and I will hold him come July. Nothing will change that. My lining is extra thick to give him extra room to burrow into and make himself comfortable. 12 days until I confirm he's snug in the uterus, but each day that progresses, I feel more and more confident that Freckle is right where he should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->