July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

Yeah, I know I'm on double manned calls next week, but I'm mainly office based fortunately. Would telling her next week be too early? I'd be 4.5ish weeks and have missed a period, it'd just be so she keeps me off the hoisting calls really x

yea, I'll be glad to be at the 8 week mark myself, as I've had a miscarriage as well. And surprisingly no one at work expect my direct boss and her bf have said a word about me being pg since we made it FB official last week. Hmm maybe they know and arent saying anything cuz they are waiting for me to tell them. This is a contract job so it'll be over with the end of Feb. I've been debating whether I should find another job before then and work for as long as possible or just stay where I am, collect unemployment and then be a housewife til I'm ready to go back to work/or finish school.
Decisions Decisioins

I am a special education teacher so I feel pretty safe waiting. I have told our school nurse just to be on the safe side. I don't have any appointments that mess with me working before Christmas so I am thinking after my 12 week scan telling people. I got that rescheduled today for December 26th. I am so excited! We are going to wait to announce until after the scan. Which works out perfect since we are seeing my mom the weekend after!

I am definately feeling some bloat right now. I have lost 9 lbs but my clothes are not fitting. I had to go buy a new jacket because my other one couldn't zip. I bought a size up so hopefull it lasts through the rest of winter. I am thinking of making some maternity dresses over Christmas break since we have over two weeks off. I need a good wrap dress I think that can also double as a nursing dress. They are super comfy and look professional enough for work.

I'm hoping they'll let me chose the date for my 12 week scan cos I want it on the 19th or 20th December then I can tell all on Christmas day. Will see what my midwife says on Thursday.

Unsure when to tell my boss, I'm waiting till I have at least officially missed a period (due tomorrow). I work in care, and work with clients who need hoisting etc, which is not good for pregnant women. She would be discreet, I just don't want to jinx things x

Hi Hun I work in care aswell I told my manager 2 days ago at 6 weeks, she was glad I told her early on as she had to do a pregnancy risk assessment for me no lifting ect xx

Unsure when to tell my boss, I'm waiting till I have at least officially missed a period (due tomorrow). I work in care, and work with clients who need hoisting etc, which is not good for pregnant women. She would be discreet, I just don't want to jinx things x

I think you are allowed to do anything you did before pregnancy, especially in the first trimester. I would think lifting would be ok for the time being. Although this is my personal decision, I have gone along with the "you can do anything you did pre pregnancy" guidelines and have continued my exercise program which includes lifting heavy weights. I think exercising actually makes me feel a little better, less cramping, less nausea, and more energy. But, I know everyone is different. I plan to back down with weights in the 2nd and 3rd trimester though. If you really don't want to tell your boss, I hope this helps!

Thanks for all the great suggestions, I'm going to stock my arsenal with quite a few of them lol

Sassy Gee: My opinion: I'd work til Feb and then collect unemployment and be a happy pregnant housewife. Youd have time for prenatal classes, swim classes, yoga... sleep in, take all day to do 3 loads of laundry....

Plus, You never know how the 1st tri will work out, and job changing is a major stress factor. And by Feb. you'll be well into 2nd trimester and let me tell you, unemployment is great. I'm a housewife right now collecting unemployment, tho mine runs out in Feb and I receive more in unemployment than i would if I was working part time anywhere. Its awesome.

Still trying to reassure myself as to why my tests didn't really get darker from Saturday to Monday.

When I was pregnant with my son I tested when AF was late. I always had 28 day cycles with the odd 32 thrown in. I didn't really get much to begin with. They were proper squinters. I thought they were Evaps. I tested for a few days then have up as we were NTNP so figured my cycle was just messed up. Anyways at 2 weeks late I tested again and it came up straight away and was dark. At my dating scan they put me at 4+4 the day I got my BFP but I honestly think I was further along plus I went into labour at 39 weeks and had him at 39+2 which also makes me think my dates were wrong.

Do you reckon that maybe it's the same case this time? I'm far to scared to test again!

My work already knows about the pregnancy. I've had two miscarriages. I work in a coffee shop and one of the chores is a garbage run, where you change about 25 garbages, and then change them outside, then empty the push bin into the compactor. The problem is, with several baskets of coffee grinds in each bag, they can weigh anywhere from 20-30lbs and once the bin is full, there are at least 50 bags..so lifting 50 bags at 20-30lbs each, and the whole thing takes 30-45 minutes. My work said they automaticaly restrict pregnant employees at 20 weeks from doing garbage runs and any other heavy lifting. But because of my miscarriages (both at 6 weeks), and because of my surgery, I'm wondering if I should get a doctor's note restricting me from it earlier?

What do you ladies think?

I would Brandi!

I told work today just so that if MS does hit I don't have to hide it. I'm a Dental Nurse so on my feet most of the day.

brunette, it could very well be the timing/dating of your pregnancy. based off LMP that you are only 4+3, Id still think you were very early and lucky to get a positive, some women have to wait a whole week past AFs due date, so I wouldnt worry. And for prenancys, you know full term is considered 38-42 weeks, so delivering at 39 weeks doesnt necessary mean anything concerning ovulation. the main thing is to relax and try not to obsess lol i know easier said than done

brandi, I'd go with your gut (bad pun lol) if you dont think you should be doing heavy lifting, then dont. definitely bring your concern to your boss, they cant force you nor legally fire you. and if there are 25 garbage bins, then it seems the staff is large enough that someone else can do that chore. good luck

Sorry scgirl and sunflower.

got gp appt tom so will hopefully get an early scan booked.

You are probably right Swampmaiden about job changing being stressful. I havent been a housewife in 6 yrs I am sure it would take some getting use to but then again maybe not lol!

I would definitely tell them as I would be worried about doing anything before I was past the last time I miscarried. Actually thats exactly how I feel now. I miscarried at 8 wks, granted it was 12 yrs ago but still lol
Those who have never miscarried dont even have the thought cross thier mind and those who have cant stop worrying about it til they pass that weekly mark!

I called the doctor and he's written me the note :thumbup: He's AWESOME!!!!

They won't be pleased at work, but I'm sure they also don't want anything bad happening, when they fully knew I was pregnant, and they still made me do the heavy lifting. He's written me off heavy lifting for the duration of the pregnancy :happydance:

I called the doctor and he's written me the note :thumbup: He's AWESOME!!!!

They won't be pleased at work, but I'm sure they also don't want anything bad happening, when they fully knew I was pregnant, and they still made me do the heavy lifting. He's written me off heavy lifting for the duration of the pregnancy :happydance:

Great news :) x

Hi girls do you have room for another? Just got my :bfp: today and although technically due around 1st August I'll be having another c-section. So that will be the last week of July.

Will introduce myself properly when I get to my pc, I'm not too good at typing on my tab :lol: xx

Hey girls I've not been on in a little while and boy you ladies can chat :haha:

I'm counting down the hours until my scan, I'm super nervous even more than my 6 week scan. I'll be 8 weeks so I'm hoping we will get a good picture :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->