July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

I was ridiculously strict first pregnancy and I will be this one too. I've swapped to decaf tea aswell.

I can eat cheesecake can't i?

Cheesecake is fine :happydance:

Runny egg is the only thing I will allow myself, everything else I stick to the rules. I have cut out caffeine completely apart from the odd chocolate bar, my meat is always cooked through and I've never liked mould ripened cheese anyway :thumbup:

I've read different things on caffeine with regards to tea. According to NHS site stick to a max of 200mg a day and an average tea has 75mg. So that's basically 2 and a half cups of tea. I do love a brew in the morning, but I'll cut down to two.

What about branded mayo? x

My doctor said branded Mayo is fine. It's just unpasteurised eggs eg homemade mayo that you can't eat.

Cool :)

As for pate, sushi, mouldy cheese. I don't eat any of it haha x

Can't decide if I am mad or just plain stupid. Just booked tickets and a hotel to take my two girls to go see Katy Perry at the end of May, I'll be 33 weeks pregnant. I went to see FOB at 34 weeks pregnant with my youngest and I was ok so I think it would be fine, it's not stupidly far from home just in case, only in Sheffield so 30 miles from here.

I just bought tickets this morning, to Eminem for hubby and i for the 26th February.
1st time he is coming to South Africa. My hubby is so very excited....

I have switched to decaf tea and honestly don't notice any difference at all.

I have been missing a nice runny egg though!

X

Yes I've read that not only are most chicken immunized against salmonella in the UK, but most eggs are also pasteurized - and in that case dippy eggs are fine.

For me personally as a FTM I feel aversions to most things I've read that I can't eat. I don't know if that's psychological down to fear, or natural. Either way I am erring on the side of safe rather than sorry - while also appreciating that Mothers before us have ate soft cheeses, ate raw meat, drank alcohol and still had healthy babies. I just find the things I have to cut out a small sacrifice to have better peace of mind. I entirely respect it's a personal decision. My Italian friend used to have a small beer every weekend while pregnant and had a beautiful and healthy baby last year. She was incredibly relaxed throughout the pregnancy, and her baby is too. But that doesn't mean I'll do the same myself. :)

Good news ladies, had my early scan today and baby was tucked up all nice and snug, measuring slightly behind on dates but nothing to be concerned by, and a lovely little heart going flicker flicker flicker :)

I don't really like runny eggs so I don't miss them. I miss Pate though, which is weird because I can go months and months and MONTHS without having it, and now I can't have it, I want it, lol. I love love LOVE tea, but as with my previous pregnancy, I've completely gone off it, which sucks because I think 'I really REALLY want a cup of tea' but then actually, I really don't, lol.

Excellent sunflower! So happy to hear all is well!

I still eat dippy eggs, decaf tea but the only thing I won't is soft cheese like Brie and I do love a mouldy cheese!! But I won't :( I still have steak medium rare. I was really strict with first pregnancy and now I'm the complete opposite. I don't tempt date but I think practically.

Good news ladies, had my early scan today and baby was tucked up all nice and snug, measuring slightly behind on dates but nothing to be concerned by, and a lovely little heart going flicker flicker flicker :)

I don't really like runny eggs so I don't miss them. I miss Pate though, which is weird because I can go months and months and MONTHS without having it, and now I can't have it, I want it, lol. I love love LOVE tea, but as with my previous pregnancy, I've completely gone off it, which sucks because I think 'I really REALLY want a cup of tea' but then actually, I really don't, lol.

Wonderful news hun xx

I have switched to decaf coffee already and its ok, but not quite the same. The thing i will miss is a medium/rare steak... Will be my 1st meal when out of hospital :thumbup:

Is anyone else already thinking of names? Our boys name is set and has been for ages ( Ryan :cloud9: ) But i like so many girls names :dohh: x

Sunflower, this is amazing news!!!!:happydance: My last pregnancy was ectopic so I am very excited for December 5th to confirm that this one is not! :wacko:

Georgia Charlotte Emelia for a girl, and either Kesler Benjamin Silas or Kesler Benjamin Levi for a boy.

I got my 3+ on my digi 5 minutes ago. It's 11:30am and probably 8th morning urine. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->