July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

I understand it doesn't apply to everyone, and I was not saying people SHOULDN't make that decision at that point of their life, just said that it was my opinion, a recommendation. There are MANY women who regret the decision afterwards, and the stories of struggling to overcome the regret and the choice to undo it and then the struggle to get pregnant after is heartwrenching. A sterilization affects more than the ability to have children. It also physically affects your body. My hormones were out of whack afterwards, I developed hypothyrodism, and my cycles changed BIG time. All but the thyroid issue went back to normal after the reversal.

I'm sorry if my opinion came across as rude. It really wasn't intended to be. There are other forms of sterilization too that are not as taxing on a woman's body, and I usually try and share my story because a lot of women considering it like to hear it from that perspective, someone who has had it done.

It's MUCH easier on a man's body to be sterilized, if sterilization is the way you want to go. Faster recovery, procedure, none of the hormonal imbalances, etc, and it's less risky for a man to have it done than a woman.

I, too, have a disabled child. My oldest has microcephaly, epilepsy, peripheral hypotonia, immersion hypothermia anhidrosis, and an undiagnosed neurometabolic condition. While she's not confined to a wheelchair, her life isn't easy and I watch her struggle every day. Every fever could be her last. She requires hospitalization for every fever, or she WILL die. She's been given, at most, another 9 years here on earth with us and I savour every single moment with her, because I don't ever want her to feel like she means anything less to me. I want her to pass knowing she is LOVED.

If there is ANY inkling of doubt about a sterilization though, yes, I DO recommend saving that decision until ALL hormones have settled down, because what it does to your body is more than just prevent babies, it changes your body in more ways and then the struggle to recover from that isn't easy.

:hugs: Trust me, I know what it's like to have a special needs child. You're doing a great job! If you ever want another special needs momma to chat with, feel free to PM me. :flower:

Midwife office just called me. They said they would LOVE to take me on again but before I let them book me in, I had them make sure they would take on a patient who had a tubal reversal and they will!!!! :happydance:

I let them know it was recent, but that everything looked great, baby is in the uterus, has a heartbeat and so I'm booked in for January 6 at 10am!

Hi ladies! Just got back from my ultrasound. Depending on the angle, Freckle measured between 0.40cm and 0.49cm, right on schedule for 6w1d. His sac measured 6w3d and the tech said that puts my due date at July 19, but I'm not going to change it unless my next ultrasound says the same thing (December 5). He had a strong heartbeat, but the tech said they don't generally measure it that early on, but we saw it flickering away! Freckle looks healthy and is JUST ONE BABY!!!

Meet Freckle.

Awwww great scan! Hi Freckle! :baby::baby:

:hi: Freckle..

I think I've hit the calm before the storm! Feeling a bit less tired today and NO nausea.

I still feel like a bit of a lurker in here as i'm not 100% sure where i fit until my scan.. If i take my LMP from the very light flow on the Thursday night then i'm due 31/7/14, but if i take it from medium flow on the Friday i'm due 01/08/14... What day would you ladies take it from? x

I'd say first day of flow :flower:

Yup, I was always told first day of full flow is CD1. That's what I would count

I found baby on the Sonoline B tonight, at 7+6! :) The relief is immense!

Yep, it seems it! I had an Angelsounds for my previous pregnancy and that was good too. :) But I tried that for the first time at 9+1 (and found baby straight away) so I don't know how early it could have picked up a heartbeat.

I think we should all get a 'July Jellybeans 2014' label for our signatures! Anyone know how to do that and could post a link for us gals to use? The August Beach Bumps have one and it's soo cute!

I think there's a siggies and blinkies forum somewhere on here.

I looked at Sonoline B's on ebay and they look to be about $30-$50 used through bidding.

This is something I've just done very quickly online - suggestions/ changes/ ideas? I've made it so when you put it in your signature, if you click on it it takes you straight to this thread :)

https://i.imgur.com/x1Q1Kzx.gif

(I know sparkles aren't to everyone's taste so I'll make one without as well)

Is there a way to bold the lettering? It seems to be a bit lost with the sparkles. Otherwise I really like it. :D

Could post a thread in the signature section, there are people who make them :) x

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/blinkies-banners-graphics/

Hmm I can't seem to make the lettering look any bolder without it either totally dominating the picture or changing the font colour and losing it entirely into the jellybeans :S I'll post the non sparkly one and see what it looks like. Other people are free to have a go :)

https://i.imgur.com/IgpJW8y.jpg

Only problem with the signature section is that its not updated very often, a few people tend to do them and then stop... might get lucky though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->