July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

has anyone had an trans vaginal scan before? My doctor has referred me to have an early scan and its said on the paperwork that itll most likely be trans vaginal. Xxx

Sure! I have had several. No biggie! You will be fine :thumbup: it is slightly uncomfortable but no worse than a routine exam. And another good thing with those is that you probably won't have to have a full bladder! :hugs:

Transvag scans are not fun BUT they give a way clearer view thats why when its quite early they do them. Its not too bad or we wouldnt of done it again :)

Sailors - yep, it's not too painful. Plenty of lubrication. If you're at all concerned about it though you can ask them to be extra careful x

That's what I had yesterday Sailors, and for early scans it gives you a lovely clear picture. I didn't even think about the camera up my hoo haa once I saw the lovely image on the screen. I thought I would feel weird with DH being there but I didn't, and you don't need a full bladder which is awesome. In fact it needs to be empty :)

has anyone had an trans vaginal scan before? My doctor has referred me to have an early scan and its said on the paperwork that itll most likely be trans vaginal. Xxx

I had one with DS and it was fine, a little uncomfortable but no pain!

X

I'm very nervous about having a trans-vaginal ultrasound. I find it really stressful and uncomfortable to have any type of internal exam, and I get so worked up it makes me nauseous (I mean, that's how it was pre-pregnancy :wacko:). I have a scan scheduled for next week, and I had just assumed it was a regular abdominal scan, but now I'm wondering. I should be about 9 weeks. Could any ladies from the US shed some light on this for me? Should I be expecting a trans-vaginal or abdominal US at 9 weeks?

I'm very nervous about having a trans-vaginal ultrasound. I find it really stressful and uncomfortable to have any type of internal exam, and I get so worked up it makes me nauseous (I mean, that's how it was pre-pregnancy :wacko:). I have a scan scheduled for next week, and I had just assumed it was a regular abdominal scan, but now I'm wondering. I should be about 9 weeks. Could any ladies from the US shed some light on this for me? Should I be expecting a trans-vaginal or abdominal US at 9 weeks?

It will all depend on what your ob wants. I would think that it would be a transvag as it is still quite early but just give the office a buzz. They will know and that will at least inform you on what to expect... :hugs:

Astraloree I was expecting a trans vag scan yesterday as that's what I had with my son at a similar gestation (7-8week) so I went with an empty bladder and she tried abdo first and found it!! Bladder still empty I was amazed. Sooo is say 50/50. Don't stress it's worth it x

Callypygous your scans are beautiful, so clear!

what an awesome clear scan!!!

Celesse glad to see things are improving for you

Charlie - no fun being sick while you are pregnant there is nothing we seem to be able to take :-(

I also am having a Winter baby i'm in NZ.

Not having the flashest day today - I attempted bacon on toast this morning for breakfast may have been a bit too much for my tummy. Feeling nauseas this morning and ready to go back to bed :-(
9 weeks today! Two more sleeps and another scan!

What have you ladies got planned for the weekend?

I am having a relatively quiet one as I have loads of studying to do. Tomorrow night I have some friends coming over for an x factor evening. I have some alcohol free beer kicking about that I'm planning on drinking :haha: I only just finished studying at 11pm so going to have a nice well deserved lie in tomorrow morning, if the bean lets me!

And yes, I was worried the transvaginal scan would be uncomfortable, and that it wouldn't be as nice having DH there with a man holding something up my froofroo :)haha:), but actually when it came down to it, I was so nervous/excited about seeing the bean that I barely gave it a thought. And once I saw the bean on screen I didn't even think about it. It gave a lovely clear image so if it's an option I would go for it. It was really amazing to be able to see little legs and arms which would have been hard to see otherwise :)

Just relax and it won't be uncomfortable. It's good practise for the big day. I've never given birth before but I'm pretty certain a transvaginal scan is a walk in the park in comparison! :rofl:

I'm running a craft fair today (full of cold, should be fun) then will be doing housework and seeing my dad tomorrow. All I want to do is sleep though :(
I've woken up with cramps this morning so I'm really hoping a day on my feet doesn't do any harm :/

Hi Ladies,

We just bought our 2nd puppy, so now we have Bonnie & Clyde,
Both Boxers, and both look similar to each other. Bonnie is only 12 weeks old, and Clyde is almost 7 months, but she gives him so much lip LOL
So we spending the day with them today, as she only came home last night.
Tomorrow hubby goes on a breakfast run with his bike, and I am going for a fish pedi with my girls.

I am going shopping today to try and find some comfortable clothes. The last week or so, my clothes seem to have shrunk :dohh: especially my jeans. I am drinking a lot of water due to feeling so thirsty so i think it may just be bloat but I guess I will be ditching my regular jeans in a couple of months anyway so may as well start buying some bits and pieces now.

Out of interest, what do you ladies plan on wearing when your regular wardrobe gets a little snug? When I had DS1, I think I lived in leggings and had one great pair of maternity jeans but my job at the time came with a uniform and they provided maternity wear too. Now my job is different and is a lot more senior so I usually wear suits, tailored dresses etc to work. I have a feeling I won't get to the end of First Tri wearing these. :nope:

X

I think having ultrasound tool up your foof is the least of our worries over the whole pregnancy ha ha x

I've already gotten a few bits n bob's off of eBay second hand,jeans,jeggings and a few tops. Also ordered a few bits when there was a glitch on New looks website(50% of everything) but I have no clue how big I'm gonna get or how hot itl get next year so I may still need to invest in summer dresses or maxi's!! I refuse to pay tonnes though since this is my last pregnancy!!

AFM- I have had no appetite all week,everything n anything is making me nauseous(even being hungry is making me feel ill) so a diet of crackers and the occasional salad box has been as good as its got!! Fingers crossed though as still no puking! My uterus still hasn't popped yet but I feel everything getting pushed up and outa the way already. I've also been put on pregaday to help with iron and extra folic acid so I'm hoping it helps me feel less exhausted all the time.

How's everyone else this weekend?? We have a.friends wedding reception tonight n I'm praying I still fit in my dress since I bought it before falling pregnant!:dohh:

It's my daughters second birthday tomorrow so today will involve a whole lot of running around, planning, organising, and wrapping. As much as I hope she enjoys it all, I will be happy tomorrow night when it's all finished with, lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->