July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

Hey ladies! V-Day today! :) Also St.Patty's and wishing for a Guinness lol. Oh well. Next year.

I was catching up on everyone's posts. As far as baby showers go, i know mine will be May 17th at a local gourmet pizza place in my town. Would love to have it at our house, but we have some work we need to get done in our backyard and not sure we will be able to get it done in time.

And with delivery, i am having a midwife. I am a nurse myself and am VERY happy to have the support of my fellow nurse assisting and supporting me with my labor. Of course my husband will be there, and probably my mother, if time and sanity allows. For all of my prenatal appt's i have only seen my midwife. They are able to do everything a doctor can do except c-sections. They will tend to all of my care throughout my stay in the hospital before and after the baby arrives. I also feel they will give me more time to let my body do the work. I wont be rushed into induction, pitocin, breaking my water....etc. My wishes will be heard loud and clear and that is what i want. And if things change for the worse, there is always PLENTY of OBGYN's to assist. Having a midwife is one of the few comforts i have of the unknown territory of labor and delivery right now as a FTM. :)

I am so happy things are good Linny!

Congrats on v-day lmbhj.

Afm, baby is being so wiggly! He must have kicked for a solid hour last night. It is good to finally feel him again I had a couple days of almost nothing. And hubby finally got to feel and see him for the first time this weekend!

I am so happy things are good Linny!

Congrats on v-day lmbhj.

Afm, baby is being so wiggly! He must have kicked for a solid hour last night. It is good to finally feel him again I had a couple days of almost nothing. And hubby finally got to feel and see him for the first time this weekend!

Thank you! Very exciting to be at v-day!

I have been feeling quiet a bit of movement as well, though comes a goes. And with the anterior placenta....ugh! I have felt a few movements on the outside last week, though my husband was away for work and so he STILL hasn't felt movements yet. UGH. Though he did rub my belly and say hello yesterday and the baby moved right away! It was soo neat. :) I see you're 2 days ahead of me...fingers crossed my husband gets to feel something this week!

Morning Everyone.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Good Luck Selene please check back in after your appointment.

Wonderful News Linny!

Congrats on v-day lmbhj.

AFM 100 days today!!! Cant believe tomorrow I will be in the double digits. :happydance:
Little man has not been easy on me the past 2 days though. He seems to want to be awake all the time. Little sleep for me. However, anyone that touches my bump now usually gets a kick or punch which is getting the family so excited and more involved in the pregnancy.

As for my delivery method. I too have a midwife. She is the only one I have seen so far and will be the only one to deliver Andrew.. However closer to my due date they will bring in different Midwifes that practice in the same office just in case she is delivering when I go into labor. I think its a great idea to get to know all the midwifes in the office just in case. She is completely on board with my birthing plan and will support me with my decision unless health reasons change that.

Congrats on 100 days jackjack.

So when do you usually discuss birth plans? I don't even know which hospital I am going to. :-/

For me.... My midwife has an office in the medical building of a hospital. So I will deliver in that hospital.

That's how its was with the first 2 as well. I switched practices with this LO since my cousin works in this office. I'm a little nervous going somewhere different then where I had my first two but they are super nice and I feel very comfortable. Plus my cousin is there :)

My doctor practices at a hospital that doesn't have a maternity ward or a NICU. So that won't work. I really want to deliver at the hospital that is close to me but I may end up having to go to the one a half hour away. I can't ask at my next appointment as my doctor is out of town so I will have a sub. Which leaves me at my May appointment. :-/ When do appointments start getting more frequent then once a month?

I think it's 28 weeks, then you go every two weeks, and when you hit 36, you'll go weekly.

You might ask her office where she prefers to deliver. It may be the one that you want to deliver at?

I have my next appointment April 1st. I will be 28 weeks. After that appointment they will start scheduling me every 2 weeks.

My next appointment is next Thursday, my first midwife appointment in ages as I have combined consultant and midwife care due to being higher risk. When it comes to delivery I'll again have combined care with mainly midwifes but a consultant on call who may visit. Sadly this won't be my consultant because she's on holiday :(

Thanks for the answers. I am feeling more and more anxious now. I will be 26 weeks at my next appointment so I can ask then.

I am very grateful to my Lord and his answer to my prayers the baby appears healthy. And from the looks of things we are told we should be expecting a baby boy by the will of God. :blue:
She said its never always sure with these things but it seems to be a boy and if it is I would like to name him Abraham. Still have to wait and see what hubby wants to name him though :laugh2:
I was so happy to find out the baby is okay I forgot to ask them about the liver spots on my hand.

Congrats Selene... Welcome to the boy group!
Love the name:thumbup:

For my dd i hired a doula. I go to an obgyn and the hospital is staffed with midwives. I wanted as natural a birth as possible. I met with my doula a month or two before due date and we discussed birth plan options. I wrote mine up and brought it to my dr apt and the nurse practically laughed in my face. She said if i show up with that it will insult the hospital staff. I wanted skin to skin after birth, delayed cutting of umbilical cord, etc. At the birth the doula did a good job texting me through labor at home and telling me when to head into the hospital. She ley me know what was going on and what to expect. This time around i may skip the doula since i sort of know what to expect. I switched obgyns and will be at a different hospital. Hopefully more of my wishes will be met but i will need to be the one to demand them.

Glad everything is OK, Selene and Linny! :yipee:

I'm going for the home-from-home unit at our local hospital, which is midwife led but has a medicalised delivery unit attached. I'd prefer a home birth but we're just too far from the ambulance station and hospital for me to be comfortable with the idea of a blue light transfer.
To whoevers nurse laughed at your birth plan, I'm stunned. Skin to skin and delayed cord clamping are standard over here now!

I will be 27 weeks and 5 days at my next appointment with my gynae,

We have already discussed the hospital, and I have already gotten my authorization for the hospital.

My gynae has already told me to do my research on the type of epidural I want etc.

It makes it all real.... And Now I get so nervous....

Congrats Selene. x

I have to be monitored more with this delivery as its my 5th baby even going to put me on a drip for 4 hours after birth to make sure my uterus contracts back ok. but im used to being attached to drips as I have group b strep so I have to have antibiotics anyway

Well its official for the first time in a pregnancy I have developed the leaking before baby. Got in the shower this morning. Got out and dried off. Was pulling my bra on when I noticed wetness. Thought to myself
"Pretty sure I dried off good" Looked down and sure enough very light leaking.
So not ready for this. Couple of the girls I work with (best friends really) got together as a joke and bought me a box of Breast pads. I think they jinxed me :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->