July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

Hey girls,

Its good to see you are all getting on well, we have decided to try again. so currently trying to fundraise, as Leo was an IVF baby we need IVF again. I looking for people to share my page on facebook?

If any of you can share this for me please add me, Zoie Redgate

Hi Zoie,

I added you, waiting for you to accept, Its Megan Martin.
I am glad that you are trying again, never give up :):hugs:

Zoie I have also requested you, it's Alicia McKee.

I hope you and your OH are well and will be happy to help in any way I can!

X

Thank you so much girls!! x

Charlie I would love advice I've never done anything like this before

Cute stroller astra!

AFM, woke up with a tickly throat this morning. Was kinda inevitable with our bipolar weather this week. A few days ago, it was 5C, today it's -18C again. And snow.

God, I'm so over this snow. I truly believe the pregnancy will drag until the snow goes away.

Brandi - That looks great - i'm assuming it's collapsible for travel? Currently the thing i'm thinking of is to hire this bednest for the first 6 months https://www.nctshop.co.uk/NCT-Bednest-Rental-for-6-months/productinfo/4364R/ . and then switch to the cot we've been given. Certainly it's the cheapest option and I like the idea of just slipping LO into and out of it between bf'ing? The bednest also seems to collapse for travel too which is great as we'll be staying with family over christmas. RE: the double electric - I assume you mean both boobs? :)

Sunflower - Great yes I was assuming the car seat attachment for the pram would be essential. And likewise i'm thinking of hiring the sidecar crib my friend had one and raved to me about it yesterday - the rental is so reasonable! I might then invest in a moses basket as well anyway since I can't very well move the bednest about.

Zoie - So glad to see you wanting to try again. Will be able to help more when I get paid x

Afm - all good, i'm making it a bit of a personal mission to cut costs wherever possible with baby items - basically i'd rather pour all our resources into extended maternity. So there has been intense scouring of gumtree and freecycle. Wondering how low can you really go with the budget :haha:

Linny where are you situated? I didnt know gumtree was overseas also, I thought it was just in South Africa.... Oops.... LOL

Tymeg - I'm in the UK (scotland) - it seems to be dominating everywhere! hehe

Yup, the frame collapses (there's a locking handle in the centre) and then the mattress folds around the frame to hold it together. There is also a travel bag that comes with it so once the mattress is folded around it, just slip it into the travel bag, and carry it wherever (the bag has handles). The cost of this playpen/bassinet is between $75-$99 depending where you buy it here. I STILL use mine for my youngest when we go to Grandma's overnight and she's almost 3. Now I have it set up next to my bed so I just reach over and grab baby for feedings. If he's smelly, just flip up the change table, change, and then feed, lol.

Here's a Youtube tutorial on it. Mine has a mobile instead of a music centre though. Takes less than 5 minutes for assembly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iclnzv4IKzw

And yes, a double electric does both breasts at once.

Astra does that stroller come with carseat and base? We haven't begun really looking at any baby gear as of yet. We plan on doing that in a few wks when we come back from our lil spring break/elopement. We know we want a stroller similar to that one but prefer it come with careseat and base too.

Zoie, that is wonderful y'all are trying again.

Time is dragging by I feel but maybe that is because I haven't done anything to prepare for this baby but grab a onesie here and there! LOL y'all have me feeling like a procrastinator! haha

Time is dragging by I feel but maybe that is because I haven't done anything to prepare for this baby but grab a onesie here and there! LOL y'all have me feeling like a procrastinator! haha

That is how I am feeling right now. I have only got a couple things. I just keep stashing money away and waiting for my baby shower. Seeing as this is our first baby I am hoping some generous family and friends can get us a few of the things we need to help with the expense. I am buying things on clearance because I don't want to pass up all the good deals.

I've bought one onesie, one toy, and two pairs of scratch mitts, lol. I'm waiting for tomorrow to hopefully find out the gender and then we'll know if we need to buy lots of boy stuff or just some girls outfits and onesies for warmer weather. Once IDE had the scan and hopefully know everything is developing well with bubs, I'm going to get everything out of the loft and take stock of what I've got, and what I need. Then come the lists, oh how I love lists... :D :coffee:

Thank you girls, We now have 69 likes on our Facebook page and a massive £150 raised so far!!

I've bought loads! Most of the bigger items we've been given or bought cheap though. Just bought a nappy bin yesterday to collect on Saturday. I'm hoping time will start to speed up soon and I think the extra scans will help along the way.

I have my scan on Tuesday... Excited Much... I cant wait....
But I am going to the Eminem concert tonight... So very excited for that as well... :)

team pink .. So the Chinese prediction was right!! N feelin loads of kickin n HIc ups n baby 100% healthy !!

Attachments

• picmix-2612014-17859.jpeg
    picmix-2612014-17859.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1
Had our gender/ anomaly scan today, and we're team pink!

Congrats Sun_Flower & moltal213 on your little girls.

That's Exciting.

Congrats moltal and sunflower on your girls!!

Christian kept me up half the night kicking and turning about. He is definately a night owl. He always is the most active when I am trying to go to bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->