July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

What a roller coaster of a thread.

Ajarvis and Kozmikitten, I'm so sorry for your losses.

On the other hand, it's great to see so many awesome scan results.

Hugs to you all, good and bad news alike.

The NT testing is standard in the UK which is why it tends to be around 12 weeks.

You can refuse it but I don't know many people who do. I was going to as it really doesn't bother us at all but thought it would be better to get an indication than not. We definitely won't be having invasive investigation if we come back high risk.

I didn't get an NT scan but I am having the blood work done to test for any problems at my next appointment. My dr never even mentioned the Nt scan and since I've had so many scans already I wasn't worried about it

I haven't tried anything yet. I just noticed they were super dry and itchy!

Try coconut oil! That works for everything;well not for the sensitivity but for the dryness :)

Mine have been super sensitive and tender since I found out I was pregnant!

Omg the dry nipples...they itch and then I rub them so then they burn. I've been putting cocoa butter on them.

I didn't get an NT scan but I am having the blood work done to test for any problems at my next appointment. My dr never even mentioned the Nt scan and since I've had so many scans already I wasn't worried about it

The scan they measure the fluid behind the neck as a part of determining chance of down syndrome etc.

My ob brought it up to me and gave me the choice it has to be done between 10 weeks 6 days and 13 weeks 6 days. Same with the blood test. Or you can have just a blood test done at I believe she said 28 weeks.

I have mine in a week, it just gives you a percentage of risk so you know if you want to go for further testing.

In The Netherlands you can have NT done between 11-13 weeks if you want. It is not obligated so everyone has to pay for it themselves. It's a blood test and scan together.
After that at 20 weeks in another echo when they look for every small details of the baby.
If something looks wrong then there is a blood test to investigate it further but that is rather expensive so they only request is if there are medical reasons. Oh, and there is the amniocentesis of course if it really needed.

My morning sickness is disappearing again.. Has anyone else the same experience? It was horrible for two weeks but now it is almost gone.

My hospital does the nt scan up to 14+2 I think it was.

I had my last epu scan today. All was good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 9
My hospital does the nt scan up to 14+2 I think it was.

I had my last epu scan today. All was good.

So cute Tasha! Congratulations on graduating from EPU <3

Tasha- great news!

I had my scan today and we saw baby! Big sigh of relief. Sadly, baby was v uncooperative and needed 2 go's before we could have a NT measurement. 1.8mm, a bit higher than normal but might be due to restricted view, have to wait for bloods too.

Picked up my freebie goodie bags but not really a great selection, got a nice free pack of baby wipes but it's very poor really (and one free nappy!) lol.

(how does one put a photo up on here?)

timefor: if you hit "Post Reply", there is a paper clip next to a smiley face on the top row of options. Click that, choose file, hit upload and then it should attach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->