July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

i go back to work and loads of posts today!!

Tasha and allmyH, nice scans. so pleased babies are doing well and happy.

mamabee - ugh. i hate people oversharing. I have started telling people since i'm officially 14 weeks tomorrow but i'm not facebook sharing until 20 weeks at least. I want to be happy with myself for the news for a while. can you try and find out who told them and get the irresponsible person to feel guilty for totally oversharing?

welcome mkhewson.

sorry if i missed anyone, there are SO many of us on here!

as for me, i got my combined testing results back. adjusted risk is LOW, very pleased with that.

I have had the MOST horrible symptom so far. I was a bit hungry at about 4:30 (just leaving work) and thought I would be able to last until dinner at home for 6:00. Nope. I was so hungry it physically hurt. Went straight in the door and ate ham sandwich, one yogurt followed 30 mins later by one pasta dish, one side salad and i'm STILL hungry. I was on such a good diet full of fruit and veg but this is not going to end well.

Can someone who has been through this before just reassure me that this is just a growth spurt or something? Should I be worried and see someone about this unabated hunger? I can't be this hungry??

Timeforababy....not sure this helps...but I was trying to eat heathy....salad, fruits etc...and just felt I would be 200 lbs if I ate when hungry
I eat something "bad" and I'm content and full. It's like "diet" food and baby isn't enough. Baby wants something more filling like steak and fries. Lol. I don't indulge every time....but man, a small fry does end those hunger cravings. I could eat every fruit and veggie in the fridge, and still want more. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks for the welcome. So i was going to wait for 12w for my scan but i have been cramping since last night. Mostly concentrated in the left thru the hip area. It has me a little paranoid as i miscarried before. So im going Wed morning to set my mind at ease

Timeforbaby and Ms Elizabeth -

I have had such a large appetite also! My usual appetite is small and I get full quick. Well since 8 weeks I have been finishing my meals and eating seconds and snacks ! My husband is shocked!

I suggest snacks and meals that have a decent amount of lean protein. That is what fills you up and is healthy :) Even almonds, string cheese, grilled chicken, stuff like that :)

But you aren't alone! My appetite is crazy now!

Luvallmy, wow beautiful clear scan pics, amazing!! Congrats on all looking good! Both my boys were guessed correctly at 13w :)

Tasha, so pleased for you hun, can't wait to see piccies!

Timeforababy....not sure this helps...but I was trying to eat heathy....salad, fruits etc...and just felt I would be 200 lbs if I ate when hungry
I eat something "bad" and I'm content and full. It's like "diet" food and baby isn't enough. Baby wants something more filling like steak and fries. Lol. I don't indulge every time....but man, a small fry does end those hunger cravings. I could eat every fruit and veggie in the fridge, and still want more. Anyone have any thoughts?

Timeforbaby and Ms Elizabeth -

I have had such a large appetite also! My usual appetite is small and I get full quick. Well since 8 weeks I have been finishing my meals and eating seconds and snacks ! My husband is shocked!

I suggest snacks and meals that have a decent amount of lean protein. That is what fills you up and is healthy :) Even almonds, string cheese, grilled chicken, stuff like that :)

But you aren't alone! My appetite is crazy now!

thank you for sharing and making me not feel like the weird preggo in the room!

I normally eat well, breakfast was a pastry and hot drink, then lunch was an apple, 2 satsumas, spaghetti squash with sausage/tomato sauce and then I was starving. So I think it was a little too low in calories (but it what I always used to eat).

So, tomorrow is the same with a bit of rice for added to lunch for bulk? maybe i can get some nuts/ham slices for snacks?

I don't crave anything unhealthy, I'm just hungry (a lot!) :shrug:

So I was wondering... Since we aren't planning on finding out the gender, is the 20 week scan really necessary?

Welcome MK!!! So nice to see you here!
I hope all is well on your scan, probably just your uterus getting extra large with 2 babies :)

Livvy the 20week scan is the anatomy scan, they pretty much check everything extensively like the brain,heart, spine, kidneys, lungs etc it's to rule out any conditions or health issues not picked up during the 12 weeks scan or blood tests.

If your not want to find out the gender then you can mention to the scan tech that you don't wish to know and they'll respect that.

Is anyone still sleeping on their stomach?

Livvy I would - just like sammynashley said, they extensively check baby. They will even look for club feet and cleft lip. It is really awesome to see. You can see all chambers of the heart, the spine, different lobes of the brain. It is neat!

We aren't finding out either. We just go and say we don't want to know! With my son they had me close my eyes sometimes :) they were really good about calling him 'baby' :)

Livvy the 20week scan is the anatomy scan, they pretty much check everything extensively like the brain,heart, spine, kidneys, lungs etc it's to rule out any conditions or health issues not picked up during the 12 weeks scan or blood tests.

If your not want to find out the gender then you can mention to the scan tech that you don't wish to know and they'll respect that.

Is anyone still sleeping on their stomach?

i am :)

Busy day, ladies! So much to catch up on.

Tasha, I'm so so happy for you and can't wait to see pics!

Timeforababy, I'm so hungry lately all the time but can only eat in small amounts so I feel like I eat all the time! My son asked last night why I have 2nd dinner. I feel a bit like a hobbit ;)

Luvallmy, what a sweet picture. It is so exciting! I'm going to miss being pregnant and having all these little moments after this one!

MK, welcome! I think we are up to 3 sets of twins in here. I'm a little jealous ;) Congrats and I can't wait to get to know you more.

I caught up with my friend today and we talked through and processed our recent hurts. Maybe we will be back on track now. FX

Also, it was my SIL that spilled the beans to a family friend. I asked the friend not to share further and she said she wouldnt. I just feel awful because this friend would be due around when I am, but she miscarried. I didn't even get to handle it myself with her. She was very gracious about it. Now to call my SIL and tell her to not share any more.

My appt for next Monday got moved to tomorrow. I'm happy to be seen sooner, but sad because I'll be missing out on seeing one of my favorite doctors in the practice. There's still plenty of time for it though so maybe next appt. I'm thinking about asking for the Harmony screening. Has anyone had that? It is for genetic disorders.

P.S. Sleeping on my stomach? What is sleeping anymore? In any position? I'm in that pregnancy insomnia club and it stinks! But, I could still sleep on my stomach if I wanted.

Yes.... Just blood. Had mine done 12/29. They said prob two weeks with the holidays. So anyway I should hear. Love that it comes with the gender results.

I sleep on my stomach! But does anyone feel a lot of pressure when doing that?

Mamabee- I eat "2nd dinners" all the time haha! But I haven't gained more than 2 lbs! :) So I am happy :)

That's true, Babygirl. Despite all my munching, the numbers are still down for me. Just wish I didn't feel so fat and squishy in the belly area. Sigh. But for now, I'll continue with "Breakfast, Second Breakfast, Elevenses, Luncheon, Afternoon Tea, Dinner and Supper" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->