July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Hi mk, welcome. I'm also 37 (for a few more weeks!) and used clomid/progeserone :)
We've never conceived twins despite falling pregnant on clomid many times! You must have double the good luck, congrats X

Cute babies, babyvaughn and dan-o!

p.s. you might think about cropping out your personal info

Thanks! I thought it was the rules to leave the info on here, but I've cropped it out anyway. Dates on still :p

Had my booking appointment today I was 13 weeks on Sunday. I'm now booked in for a scan tomorrow :) very excited and nervous too

So my scan is booked for tomorrow at 930, I am freaking a bit. My symptoms have faded a bit, but I know this happens around this time. But otherwise no spotting or anything to really cause concern. When I was told I was possible having twins I wasn't happy at all I was actually very sad and upset. When I went back at 8 weeks and saw those HB well that opinion changed. Now I am afraid of what tomorrow brings, I had a MMC at 11.5 weeks in 2010....ugg cant shake this feeling at all

This is probablyt a really stupid question but what way does my bladder need to be tomorrow for my scan. Does it need to be full or is that just for earlier scans?

Hi ladies, just wanted to pop in and say hi! I hope everyone had a great holiday! I got way behind on this thread over the holidays so I probably have like 100 pages to catch up on, lol!

I hope everyone's doing well!

Keyval, I don't think you need a full bladder anymore for the scan. I had an external scan two weeks ago and didn't need to fill my bladder first.

Great scan Dan-o! I think I asked already but how far along are you?

What did your doctor say about the bleed being bigger?

dan-o .. what great pictures! I've had a SCH in my previous pregnancy and this one as well. Are you on bed rest or anything??? My doctor had me limit my activities and I know bed rest is sometimes recommended especially if it's not improving?

I'm so jealous of everyones scans, congrats ladies! You're all doing excellent baby growing :)

I feel so lucky to have another scan in 13 days I was shocked when he said 2 weeks I was thinking he would probably say 3-5 weeks but apparently he is wanting to keep a good eye on me which I appreciate! I'm so glad I chose to switch doctors, my mom told me male Ob's are more sensitive to your feelings because they dont go through what we do, and I totally agree now. He listens to my fears and gives me the choice on what we do moving forward. Yesterday he put down that I will have a C-section but if I want to change my mind and try natural that I can and it made me feel very important!

Had a check up this morning, and baby looks great! Baby was hiding from the doppler, so the doctor got out the little ultrasound machine. Got to see the heartbeat and baby even wiggled around a bit for me. :)

Found out I have another anterior placenta, so I guess any flutters I've been feeling are just gas. Boo. Will have to wait a while longer to actually feel baby.

Also, I had GD in my last pregnancy, so I was sent for a fasting blood glucose test. I passed that, but I guess the standards for the actual (2-hour) GD screening are much more strict, so if it had been that test I would have failed. :/ I still have my glucose monitor from before, so I got a prescription for the test strips so I can start testing my blood sugar on occasion. I figured it's better to start checking now to see if I need to change my diet.

Other than that, everything is peachy! (Which is the perfect phrase since baby is about the size of a peach now! :haha:)

Tasha, you had asked a while ago about cervix measurements? I asked my doc about it and she said they do measure the cervix at the 20 week anatomy scan. She said the length doesn't have anything to do with how long your labour might be, but a short cervix could put you at risk for preterm labour. I have no clue what measurements qualify as a short cervix, though.

Oh, and my next doctor's appointment is on Feb. 3rd. :)

Oh, and welcome, MK! Think I might have forgotten that earlier, sorry. Nice to have you! I think that makes at least 3, if not 4 sets of twins in here now.:)

:) Baby measured 12w 4d today. Nothing was really mentioned, the sonographer just asked if I'd been having problems and that the bleed was quite big.

dan-o .. what great pictures! I've had a SCH in my previous pregnancy and this one as well. Are you on bed rest or anything??? My doctor had me limit my activities and I know bed rest is sometimes recommended especially if it's not improving?

Thank you. Funnily enough, I had one with ds2 and the one I lost in January 2014, strange how in some ladies it's recurrent. I was told to not lift anything and rest as muh as possible with ds2, so will follow the same advice again I guess? How is yours doing now? I had another big bleed on NYE but it was not fresh.

Wow! took me a half hour to catch up on what I missed. Was gone for the weekend and had my orientation at the new job today. So glad to finally be working again, even if it's just for a few months before maternity leave lol

I love seeing all the ultrasound pics! Makes me super excited for my next one, which isn't until the 20 week unfortunately :(

For those of you who have done or are doing a 3D or 4D ultrasound, how much more expensive is it than a regular one? And does insurance usually cover that or no? Been thinking about doing that for our first. :)

My appetite is getting a little better. Some days I'm nauseous and don't want to eat anything and some days I have a ravenous hunger that can't be satisfied..

Been having crazy vivid dreams also. (when I actually sleep long enough to dream). Unfortunately I can't seem to stay asleep long enough anymore. I'm up every couple of hours or so to either use the bathroom or my leg falls asleep or my DH is way too close to me. I hate to say it, but I've been considering sleeping seperate from him if it doesn't get better. I love him to death and it's not his fault that he's so wiggly and loud when he sleeps. But I need my sleep too :(

I can't believe how big this group is growing! It's wonderful :)

Mngirl....I had a 4d done at 9 weeks, again at 11 weeks and plan more. They have packages as my insurance doesn't cover it. I paid $200 for 2 30 min sessions, with a DVD and cd of pictures. They also call me for free checks when they aren't busy. Hence the 11 week one. Lol. My insurance covered 5 week regular and again at 20 weeks. I'm too impatient to wait, hence why I paid for private 4d scans. 4d...can't say it's worth it before 20 weeks as you won't see a "photo sharing" worthy photo. So early, little ones aren't nicely formed and smooth and cute. More like bumpy alien gummy bears. But....totally awesome to see! So....to see yes do it....if you want pictures, hold off till later.

Good information to know! I will have to talk to DH and see if he would be willing to pitch in a few extra $$ to do that. I have to wait until 20 weeks for the next ultrasound and I really don't know how I'm going to wait 8 more weeks!!

Those who have had a 3d/4d. I think it would be so cool but I don't want to know gender. Do you think it would give away too much?

Hi ladies, I had so much catching up to do!

Welcome MK!

So nice to see all the great scans.

I had a good checkup appt with the midwife today. NT measurement was perfect but need more blood work for that next week because they do integrated testing here. Baby's heart rate was 155-160 and nice and strong. She said I should feel baby any day now. She also said my uterus is up to my bellybutton...seems high for 15 weeks. Anyway, I have an appointment next week for blood work and a check up (Jan 15 Tasha) AND!! Anatomy scan booked for February 16. Yay!

:) Baby measured 12w 4d today. Nothing was really mentioned, the sonographer just asked if I'd been having problems and that the bleed was quite big.

Thank you. Funnily enough, I had one with ds2 and the one I lost in January 2014, strange how in some ladies it's recurrent. I was told to not lift anything and rest as muh as possible with ds2, so will follow the same advice again I guess? How is yours doing now? I had another big bleed on NYE but it was not fresh.

I guess the good thing is we know about it and that allows us to be a little more careful. I absolutely believe it's genetic or something. My older sister had the same issue- and then my younger sister as well... just really odd if you ask me.

I'm doing ok.. I haven't had any spotting and it's not super big- but it's scary nonetheless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->