July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Does anyone else feel like a Hobbit waking to eat first breakfast? Then two hours later second breakfast lol!

Yes, some days are worse than others but generally I wake up super hungry. Then I feel like I need to eat every few hours, that tended to help me not feeling as nauseous though which was good. I need to try and break the habit or at least just eat fruit and veg :dohh:

I've requested it changed now dano. Sorry I've been in a really bad place for a few days.

I had a non-planned scan yesterday for my cervix and that's stable. Saw baby sucking their thumb. Email my consultant and pals saying that the hospital is endangering me and my baby by not implementing promised growth scans and trying to reduce my medication. He emailed today saying come for an appointment tomorrow at 3pm and we will sort this all out. So hopefully I will feel better then :)

Great news Tasha, thanks for the update. I'll keep my fingers crossed they help you out and support you more.

I have my Dr's appt today...just a monthly check in. I swear they just measure me, "everything good? Any questions? See you next month". Lol

I feel I should have questions...but don't. Lol. Am u missing something key?

I really want a med free birth....not sure how to do it...must read up on it! That's my goal for next month....read!

Hope the appointment goes well Tasha!

Elizabeth it is totally possible. I had a natural birth in the hospital as. High risk patient. I have some books laying around... When I have a moment I'll give you titles. Not sure if you are planning home or hospital birth and can't see your location on my phone but I knoe one was called "natural hospital birth" and I liked it. I also read about hynobirthing. I used some of the techniques last time and found they helped me.

Medzi....totally awesome. Yes...hospital! My tiny apartment, two crazy cats...small bathroom....disastrous. haha.

Hey girls. Sorry Ive been off for the past few days still trying to get internet connected at my new house. I had an appointment yesterday and everything went well. HB was 164 and I start my pregetrone (spelling?) shots this week to prevent another preterm labor. My next appointment my dr said I will have a vaginal ultrasound to monitor my cervix and that those will probably happen once a month from this point. They also took blood for the QUAD screening. Not sure what it is but hope it comes back ok.

Anyone on extra folic acid? I was one 1 mg but when I get had it refilled I got home and realized this one says to take 4 mg daily.

I'm on 5mg a day babyvaughan.

Mrs E, I've had them, my tip keep walking around the room/hospital x

Rose I'm glad they're looking after you.

Dano, that's done now thank you for taking over.

Let us know how the appt. goes, Tasha. Thinking of you!

Dan-o, my next appt. is Jan. 21st where I get blood/NT results and hear the heartbeat, if you are updating appts. After that, we set up my anatomy/gender scan! :happydance:

tasha sorry you are going through a rough patch but wonderful you got to see baby.

AFM i had an appointment today with my midwife, got to hear babys heartbeat!! it was 160, and she had a hard time keeping it since baby kept squirming. She said i have my placenta in front so i wont feel much for a while :( and i have very low iron, so now its back to taking the damn supplements. And the most exciting is i get my gender ultrasound in february :)

I need to put down for a scan on Jan. 19th just a regular scan (hoping they will tell us the gender but not counting on it)

Hey girls. Sorry Ive been off for the past few days still trying to get internet connected at my new house. I had an appointment yesterday and everything went well. HB was 164 and I start my pregetrone (spelling?) shots this week to prevent another preterm labor. My next appointment my dr said I will have a vaginal ultrasound to monitor my cervix and that those will probably happen once a month from this point. They also took blood for the QUAD screening. Not sure what it is but hope it comes back ok.

Beautifulrose - A quad screening tests for chromosomal conditions such as downs syndrome and spina bifida. Did you ask for that or did they just do it routinely? I am going to ask about it at my next appointment on the 23rd of this month.

Beautifulrose - A quad screening tests for chromosomal conditions such as downs syndrome and spina bifida. Did you ask for that or did they just do it routinely? I am going to ask about it at my next appointment on the 23rd of this month.

No I didn't ask for it. When I went to the appointment they just sent me with the paper to the lab. Thanks for explaining, do you know usually how long the results take?

When I looked it up, it says a few days. It also depends on when the doc reads the results. Usually lab testing does not take long at all, unless it's sent to a different state or something, most of the time it's just waiting on the doctor to look at the results and then you can be called about them :)

I am going to ask about this at my next appointment!

I didnt gain any weight either between the 5 weeks I was last seen :shrug: my theory is that I lost weight from being sick and food aversions and then I gained it back. With my daughter i lost 17 lbs in the first trimester so im just happy it hasnt been a loss

Tasha, I'm glad you emailed them and will get it all sorted out tomorrow. I would be stressed if I wasn't getting the care I was promised. Good for you! I hope it all gets worked out tomorrow and you'll be satisfied with the care you and baby get from now on.

Dan-o, thanks for taking over. When you next update things, I have a doctor's appointment on Feb. 3rd and my due date should actually be on the 15th (not the 16th - that was my bad, I totally calculated wrong based on my scan).

No home birth for me - my place is so small and I would want to clean it reaalllly well first, and that's just not happening. lol

Just wondering, because I've always been kind of confused about this, does a labour where you just use gas & air (laughing gas) count as "natural"?

Beautifulrose, I'm surprised they just handed you that paperwork without letting you know it's optional.

ok, silly question....but 1st time mom...what do i know?

so every once in a while, i'll get this, it's not a sharp pain, but a muscle stretched too much pain in my...groin (inner thigh) when i am laying down and cough. just thought i'd ask. i know things are moving and stretching...lol....just curious!

Ms Elizabeth, it is amazing how many weird things become 'normal' during pregnancy! And yeah, everything is stretching out now, so I'm not surprised by what you're describing. :)

Oh, and I know what you mean about feeling like you should have questions, but don't sweat it. My appointments go a lot like yours too. Check the heartbeat, take my blood pressure, ask how I'm doing and if I have questions (I rarely do). It's totally fine to not have questions. I do a lot of reading and got a lot of my questions answered before my visits. Plus, a lot of my questions have to do with things that will come later in the pregnancy (like my GD screening and labour and all that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->