July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Babyvaughan the heart rate wasn't right for me. Cubby's was always high, never below 150 and he is a boy! Had an appointment on Monday and Puffin's was at 140 so who knows!

Okay :)

Yeah I figured it was just another for fun prediction. Boys run so so strong in my fiance family, and kinda 50/50 in mine so I feel like I will have a boy!
We will see soon lol. My MIL really wants a girl, which I would be so happy for too lots of cute outfits and mom & daughter dates! My mom thinks I'm having a boy!

From watching Bill Nye the Science guy as a kid (lol) they say gender is completely decided by the dads sperm so if his family runs with boys it might be a boy.

Babyvaughan the heart rate wasn't right for me. Cubby's was always high, never below 150 and he is a boy! Had an appointment on Monday and Puffin's was at 140 so who knows!

Okay :)

Yeah I figured it was just another for fun prediction. Boys run so so strong in my fiance family, and kinda 50/50 in mine so I feel like I will have a boy!
We will see soon lol. My MIL really wants a girl, which I would be so happy for too lots of cute outfits and mom & daughter dates! My mom thinks I'm having a boy!

From watching Bill Nye the Science guy as a kid (lol) they say gender is completely decided by the dads sperm so if his family runs with boys it might be a boy.

Oh really interesting!
Yeah good chance it's a boy lol
My SIL who is from all girls I mean no uncles even.. lol she had my nephew and she was shocked from day one she thought it was a girl but
nope! lol.

ha! love Bill Nye! Both our families have a good gender mix! But DH's dad side had been waiting for a boy for awhile and got one with our son. DH is the only boy and so they needed another to keep the name going so they were all SOOO happy. His sister only has girls.

From what I've read, there is no scientific evidence to show that gender "runs in a family." It's always 50/50!

Tasha glad your appointment went really well :)

Dan-o I hope the bleed stops soon!

I was pretty certain with my son that baby was going to be a girl...wrong! With my second I wasn't really sure and it was a girl ...this time I'm feeling another boy.. Although heart rate is around 150-160bpm at times and it was that high with my daughter, I remember my sons was around 130-140bpm.

Had my first dream about the baby last night too and it was a girl.. We'll find out for sure in 17 days :)

I read it depends on the swimmers lol.

Boy are faster but die quicker, girl are slower but live longer!

dan-o - :hugs: That sounds so scary! can your MW or GP not get you referred, with these big gushes they really should be keeping a better eye on things :hugs:

Tasha - I am so so so happy that your appointment went well, your consultant sounds amazing!

LIB - I have my first scan tomorrow too :D

I watched a science show talking about how some men can produce more of one gender or another..

From what I have read and asked my doctor about, the father determines the sex of the baby and yes there can be factors that make it hard for a man to produce a certain sex. Some men produce way more X sperm than Y sperm, and vice versa. It's just something genetic, not necessarily passed down from previous generation though.

I have a strong feeling I'm having a boy, but DH thinks it's going to be a girl lol guess we will see who's right soon enough!

Tasha- So glad to hear your appointment went well and your doctor is working with you and not against you! Hoping you can relax a little more now. :)

Also, how do I go about finding a Doula? I would like to have someone consistent with me throughout my pregnancy and birth. At the hospital here, you don't always see (in fact, you rarely see) the same doctor each visit. And it makes me feel just like a number to them so it would be nice to have a secondary person to help guide me and answer questions throughout this journey. Has anyone here gone with a Doula? Are they worth the money? Did they help make L and D easier?

Oh, and should I have tried to find one before now or is it still good timing with being almost in my second tri?

Tasha - I'm glad they listened to you and are doing extra things to help this pregnancy go full term. I bet you are relieved somewhat.

Baby girl - that must have been scary. I have had some really sharp cramps but they go away pretty quickly when I change positions.

Danone - thank goodness you have the doppler for reassurance but I bet it was so scary to see the blood. I might have missed it, but do hey know what it's from?

AFM: tons of puking today. I had to leave the kids in the lunchroom and run to the toilet. The lunch staff could hear me in the kitchen :( Hoping I get some relief soon! Are any of you having problems with your work making accommodations for you?

After I was told not to worry about the cyst because they 'come and go' I got time to read my ultrasound report and she has said it 'looks like a dermoid cyst'.

Enter me googling and recoiling in horror. What on earth?!

Doesn't quite seem right as a scan I had 6 weeks ago said my ovaries were free from masses.

Tasha - I'm glad they listened to you and are doing extra things to help this pregnancy go full term. I bet you are relieved somewhat.

Baby girl - that must have been scary. I have had some really sharp cramps but they go away pretty quickly when I change positions.

Danone - thank goodness you have the doppler for reassurance but I bet it was so scary to see the blood. I might have missed it, but do hey know what it's from?

AFM: tons of puking today. I had to leave the kids in the lunchroom and run to the toilet. The lunch staff could hear me in the kitchen :( Hoping I get some relief soon! Are any of you having problems with your work making accommodations for you?

I just had a meeting with my manager and while im covered on the days I call offby FMLA while im actually at work I am not to be looked at as "special" and if being sick or anything of that nature (I guess he means pregnancy :shrug: ) stops me from performing my job duties I can be disciplined (I guess he meant fired) I dont know Im lost. Sounds like im better off just calling off on the days I feel icky. :shrug::shrug::shrug:

Thanks girls, I'm really relieved. I feel like I can enjoy my pregnancy again now!

Wiggler good luck tomorrow.

MN, I've not had a doula but all my friends who have are really pleased with theirs. Maybe ask those questions in the natural birth/parenting section but second tri is fine.

Hugs for the sickness jrepp.

I'm always way out on guessing gender of mine :haha: I can't remember my boy's hb (he's almost 11) but my girls were high and this one fairly low.

As for the gender thing, DH family all have boys for generations then he has one boy and four girls :haha:

Tasha, I think your baby is a boy <3 I don't know why, I just do :)

Cam can't come to the scan tomorrow, so my mum is coming. Bethany is a little beast atm so I don't want my mum to deal with that stress (she has numerous health conditions) so Cam is doing the school run. I feel really bad though :(

So I want to get a fetal Doppler, but I hear it could pose risks to the baby? I mean obviously I wouldn't be using it 24/7. Just every once in a while for a short time.

What does everyone think?

Babygirl- I know its not good to use it a lot but I think they mean really extensive and its not near as invasive as ultrasound waves are. Mine is supposed to be here in a week I can't wait.

Babyrose - where are you located? Is it in the US? Or else where, I know most countries have strict rules on being leniant on pregnant women

Lucy- I'm sure if they told you it was nothing g to worry about then I'm sure all is OK :)

Medzi, my DH's family is the same way! His sister and brother have all girls!! So he's convinced we're having a girl haha :)

Tasha, I think your baby is a boy <3 I don't know why, I just do :)

Cam can't come to the scan tomorrow, so my mum is coming. Bethany is a little beast atm so I don't want my mum to deal with that stress (she has numerous health conditions) so Cam is doing the school run. I feel really bad though :(

My OH can't go to my Scan today even though he booked the afternoon off, he won't get back in time to get the bus :( which means I have to go on my own with DD.
I'm really disappointed because he wasn't at any last time and i'm really nervous about whether baby is ok since i've not heard or seen them yet! :cry:

What time is your scan? I'm sure it will be fine hun :hugs:

I had my scan at 8am, it went well, and I finally have a due date. 31st July :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"