July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

I'm going to be really lazy and not go back and read the past 100+ pages that I missed while I was away. :haha: I hope everyone is doing well!

I've been completely out of commission for like 2 weeks, thanks to the cyst from hell turning into a giant abscess. I finally got it taken care of on Monday and I'm feeling a ton better. I wasn't able to sit at my desk at all and my laptop is broken, so I've been away the whole time.

I've lost 18lb so far, not that I'm TRYING. But I don't think it's a bad thing since I was overweight to start with. The combination of not being able to move because I was in so much pain (thus not able to get food for myself, hubby was at work most days!) and my nausea has meant that I've been eating like a bird lately. Even now that I'm feeling better I find I'm not able to eat what I would consider "normal" portions. I eat tiny portions and then I feel full.

My next appointment is in exactly a week (the 22nd)! Hoping to be able to hear the heartbeat on the doppler at that time. :)

Had my high risk appt tuesday. They did a full growth scan (which I wasnt expecting) so I got to see bubs on screen for about 20 min. So incredible. He was soo wiggly the poor tech had a hard time taking measurements. But she was so sweet and narrated everything she was doing and what was on the screen. She said babybweighs 3 ounces! And growth is 19th percentile which is good. She gave us 6 scan pics. 3 profile, 2 front view ( which baby forreals looked like a creepy reptile. Lol) and an awesome hand shot. Im so very in love.

Then had my regular ob appt today. Met with a different dr today. Theyre rotating me btwn the 3 drs during my pregnancy so I know them all, that way when I deliver ill know whoevers on call. She was sooo nice and answered all my questions. And finally got to hear babykins heartbeat! Super strong at 145. It was cute every few seconds youd hear a thud and she said that was baby flipping around. I sure do have an active little punkin! :cloud9:

Attachments

• 2015-01-15_18.48.56.jpg
    2015-01-15_18.48.56.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 5
Awesome picture and new Rach! Forgive I forgot but why are you high risk?

I FOUND THE HEARTBEAT on the Doppler! I just needed a fuller bladder! Ahhh its so amazing! :) :) :)

Babygirl I have lupus (SLE) I feel amazing though and told my ob today id rather stick with just them unless I develop some problem and she was totally fine with it. Just recommended I see high risk at least once more during pregnancy so I stay current in their system. I'll still be having monthly growth scans since there can be growth restrictions in women with lupus. So far everythings great so im hoping it continues. Im pretty optimistic it will. :)
Glad you found the heartbeat!!! Its amazing. I had my hubby record it during my appt today so I can listen to it over and over. Hehe

Yay babygirl on finding the heartbeat!! I got mine when I was 13 weeks and it took me half an hour or so to find it but after I knew what I was doing it's been fairly easy. :) :)

Hey ladies. Be mia for a few days, interest troubles.

I also had a scan today. Seemed to be a popular day. I had an awful experience though. All was fine with baby heartbeat was 164, nt was 1.3 which is perfect and I am measuring 12 w 5 d. Two days ahead. BUT I never got to see my baby.
The technician was awful. She showed up 20 minutes late for my appointment and strolled in without saying anything. Talk about wanting to pee your pants. I had the screen turned away from me the entire time, I could see glimpses but couldn't really make anything out. And like that she was done. I asked if I could see pictures cause I was so put off. She quick showed me three of the screen shots she took and then said sorry you never asked to see. I was so disappointed. I know everything is okay, but I really wanted to see my baby wiggling around in there.

that would piss me off countryblonde :( I'm so sorry you didn't have a good experience :( I'm happy to hear baby is well :hugs:

What?! Ok really, what pregnant woman wouldnt want to see their baby?! what an ignorant tech. Sorry your experience was bad :(

Sorry about your scan experience country I would have been upset too!

Country blonde - I would have been so
Upset ! I would have said is it ok to see the screen? I would complain to the manager or medical director. That is uncalled for! I had a rude tech with my DD . She was training but she was not very talkative or inviting . She acted like she was in a bad mood on my gender scan. I was unhappy with her . It ruins the moment .

Thank you all! I got to show my daughter and husband and they are so excited :)

Hi ladies. Anyone not taking prentatals everyday? They make me feel so sick so really I take them when Im not feeling my worst. I'm making only on box 2 though and I feel so bad. A box last a month. I really hope bubs is OK.

Thank goodness you posted this. I haven't taken them for weeks. They make me feel even worse than I already do! Hubby wasn't pleased but he isn't the one puking so he can get over it.

Is anyone else completely turned off meat? I cant even force myself to eat any sort of meat. Sometimes chicken can slide but def no red meat.

So totally yes. The only "meat" I can stand is cooked pepperoni on pizza. My poor husband had to ask my mom to cook him a meat dinner because it all tastes rotten to me (even though he brings it home fresh daily from his work)

I still like meat at the moment, just not as much as before. Mmmm cherry tomatoes! Yum!

Babygirl - Yay due date buddies! :D Try not to worry hun :hugs:

I told the kids, the girls don't really understand, my son is VERY excited though :D

Your pic is so adorable!

So I Do have a subchorionic hematoma :( It is only 2 cm though so as I said previously the doc wasn't too concerned

there are 3 ladies in here with them- myself included. It's good to keep an eye on it and I would probably not be running any marathons or lifting heavy as a precaution- but I do believe that's pretty small. I had one with my son 3 years ago- it never did go away- but thankfully everything went fine w/ his pregnancy. I had about 5-6 episodes where I had blood- nothing major. Try not to worry :hugs: it's the most common issue found through u/s in pregnancy I believe.

Thank you :) Yea my sister had a large one with her twins and they were fine. I haven't bled or anything. She didn't even say anything about having another ultrasound? Is that normal?

I wasn't given any extra u/s in my previous pregnancy. Both of my sisters had issues with it too.. I actually wonder if it's something genetic?!

I also THANKFULLY have not had any bleeding. I try to just be aware of what I do and how much strain it puts on my body- just in case.

I will proactively ask about it.. tomorrow I have my NT scan- and then again when I go for my anatomy scan around 18ish weeks.. I will have them look at it. Do you have a doppler? I found it VERY reassuring to have one in my previous pregnancies and with this one too.

I have my nt scan tomorrow as well! I have to agree with you that the Doppler is really reassuring.

OMG I am seriously making up for lost time when it comes to eating. Dear lord, at least there somewhat healthy snacks fruit and stuff

Not me! I hope that come quickly, I lost 2 pounds since yesterday from the effects of morning sickness.

Glad the scans went well today ladies! Wiggler cute pic!

I've got a headache, had it all day I can't shift it.. Also got my maternity uniform from work safe to say I look like a hippo :( not even half way yet.

What do you do for work?

I got my Doppler! Now I need some help! lol I tried listening for a little while and I can here swishing like it sounds like the baby is moving around everywhere but can someone help me figure it out. Its not a super expensive one so it probably isn't as nice as yours but I swear I hear the baby moving. Where do I need to listen for the heart?

It depends on where your placenta and baby are situated but at 11-12 weeks baby should be just above the pubic bone and slightly to the left or right of the belly button. Try a full bladder, empty bladder, morning and night. Everyone is different.

I'm going to be really lazy and not go back and read the past 100+ pages that I missed while I was away. :haha: I hope everyone is doing well!

I've been completely out of commission for like 2 weeks, thanks to the cyst from hell turning into a giant abscess. I finally got it taken care of on Monday and I'm feeling a ton better. I wasn't able to sit at my desk at all and my laptop is broken, so I've been away the whole time.

I've lost 18lb so far, not that I'm TRYING. But I don't think it's a bad thing since I was overweight to start with. The combination of not being able to move because I was in so much pain (thus not able to get food for myself, hubby was at work most days!) and my nausea has meant that I've been eating like a bird lately. Even now that I'm feeling better I find I'm not able to eat what I would consider "normal" portions. I eat tiny portions and then I feel full.

My next appointment is in exactly a week (the 22nd)! Hoping to be able to hear the heartbeat on the doppler at that time. :)

I wouldn't worry about normal vs tiny portions. I can't eat a lot in one sitting either. Does it help if you eat smaller portions more frequently? I know it's probably been mentioned (and doesn't really help if your ms is anything like mine) but it's worth a shot.

Hey ladies. Be mia for a few days, interest troubles.

I also had a scan today. Seemed to be a popular day. I had an awful experience though. All was fine with baby heartbeat was 164, nt was 1.3 which is perfect and I am measuring 12 w 5 d. Two days ahead. BUT I never got to see my baby.
The technician was awful. She showed up 20 minutes late for my appointment and strolled in without saying anything. Talk about wanting to pee your pants. I had the screen turned away from me the entire time, I could see glimpses but couldn't really make anything out. And like that she was done. I asked if I could see pictures cause I was so put off. She quick showed me three of the screen shots she took and then said sorry you never asked to see. I was so disappointed. I know everything is okay, but I really wanted to see my baby wiggling around in there.

What a turd of a technician. Why on earth wouldn't you want to see your child? I hope you call in and complain because not only did she ruin your experience but probably also every other person she saw experience as well. I would flip out if they didn't let me see my wee one.

k4th i'm sorry you are having spotting, i can totally understand your worry, could it be irritation? when i had spotting early on the ultrasound showed no reasons why i had it they just said it must have been irritation- could this be the cause?

Thanks hun. I can't pinpoint anything that triggers it really. Yesterday it started after i'd had a nap - lying down & comfy :shrug: not sure I could have irritated anything from that. I just wish I knew what it was!

Countryblonde - sorry you didn't get to see bubs properly. I'd complain!!

Csto - glad you're all sorted & feeling better :thumbup:

Dan-o my next appointments are a consultant scan on 30th jan, midwife appointment 13th Feb and a consultant clinic appointment on 16th Feb.

Not sure what that is I guess it's just like a talking midwife appointment but with my consultant?

Oh and my anomaly scan is 2nd march if you want to go that far ahead ha ha!

Not promising I won't have booked in an extra cheeky private one somewhere in between too

Hi ladies. Anyone not taking prentatals everyday? They make me feel so sick so really I take them when Im not feeling my worst. I'm making only on box 2 though and I feel so bad. A box last a month. I really hope bubs is OK.

Thank goodness you posted this. I haven't taken them for weeks. They make me feel even worse than I already do! Hubby wasn't pleased but he isn't the one puking so he can get over it.

I wouldn't worry about normal vs tiny portions. I can't eat a lot in one sitting either. Does it help if you eat smaller portions more frequently? I know it's probably been mentioned (and doesn't really help if your ms is anything like mine) but it's worth a shot.

I stopped taking my prenatals about 2 or 3 weeks ago as well. Every time I took them I would gag violently. I got sick of worrying if I'd make it to the toilet or not and just stopped bothering. :/

My MS isn't really all that bad. I mostly only puke if I go too long without eating. (first thing when I wake up, especially if I drink too much water right away.) The portions don't really worry me, it's just out of the norm for me. Pre pregnancy I was a 2 large meal a day kind of person. Now I'm grazing all day. Not bad, just different.

Yeah it was pretty brutal and I mean seriously who wouldn't want to see their baby. ..I'm just not gonna go back there. I will travel farther to have a better experience. .. it was just so disappointing....

Dan-o can you please change my 20 week scan to Feb 18th instead of 13th. Thanks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->