July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Just a really quick check in (I'm decorating a birthday cake for my sister - Peter Pan theme. She's 30 lol!).

Dan-o - sorry you're feeling worried :hugs: hope the bleeding has stopped now.

Medzi - grrrrr for blood pressure!! Hope it comes down for you soon hun. & thanks for the info about spotting & scans. I spoke to a midwife yesterday & they have me booked in for a speculum on Tuesday. Not pleasant but at least we might have a better idea of what's happening!!

Luvallmyh - glad baby is doing well :)

Jrepp - hope you feel better soon :hugs: great nt result! & lovely pic!

Csto - hope your blood pressure is ok/easily managed :flower:

Medzi it just crept up in my 3rd trimester. They let me get to 160/100 before deciding to do anything. I was sitting around 155/95 from 34-34w. I was getting headaches/visual disturbances and swelling in my limbs. I felt fine otherwise tho!

Jrepp, super cute piccy!! <3

Hope the cake goes well k4th! You'll have to post a pic! :p

Bleeding red blood this morning but down to spotting again now. Bit sore too. Wish this bleed would bugger off and leave me and my baby alone!! :hissy:

:hugs: dano. I hope it's settled now.

Mezdi, huge hugs. There are different meds they can try to control it. I've had pre-eclampsia in all my pregnancies that made it to third trimester and the postmortem of my 24 week loss said it looked like I had early onset of pre-eclampsia but we can't know as they didn't monitor my bp (it was not the reason for my either of my stillbirths). Any way, I've already had baseline bloods done for preeclampsia this time so they can see if they start creeping up, maybe you could suggest that.

I had my obstetric medicine clinic appointment yesterday. It was with the man who I last saw when he took me off meds despite me saying she would die if he did. I will spoiler what happened as it is long and ranty.

He asked me various questions and I told him that he was the one that took me off Clexane with RR, he didn't even acknowledge it. He asked why I had a dvt so I told him that I ended up with it because he hasn't written in my notes properly so I was discharged with no meds and that resulted in my dvt.

He carried on pressuring me for a while more, I got upset and told him to read my notes as I'd seen my professor on Wednesday who'd agreed with me and as I held him responsible for Riley Rae dying I wasn't going to listen to him. He shifted about uncomfortably and said as long as I'm aware that I risk paralysing myself as osteoporosis (my professor told me the risk of that is small) could lead to fractures and that could be in my vertebrae and then I will be left in a wheelchair.

Talk about trying to bully me into what he wanted, very much he's the doctor and above me and I should do what he says.

It was clear he hasn't learnt a thing.

Tasha :hugs:
I have come across doctors/consultants like that too. I sometimes wonder if they choose their profession to gain power, or if it just goes to their head. There no way he won't remember you and Riley Rae, unless he's lost the plot and his memory. His lack of compassion is astounding. Will you have to see him again?

I know right, horrible when they seem to be on one huge power trip. My mum came with me (I suspected I would have a fight on my hands again) and she said he was so patronising to me. He def remembered me as he said I've seen you before in a previous pregnancy haven't I? And I could see it all clicking into place. They've lost my notes from all my previous pregnancies there and then lost the new folder too :dohh: so def not that he'd read it either. He was retrained in notes and they added a new part to handheld notes to make it clearer because of what happened with my DVT, there's no way he wouldn't put two and two together.

No thankfully, he said there was no need if I didn't want to as I'm seeing my consultant so regularly, so I grabbed the chance to be discharged from him.

Has the bleeding settled Hun?

Tasha - he sounds like such an a*****e!! I'm so mad for you right now!! I would be very tempted to report him to his governing professional body. Depends how much you want to fight right now though - I imagine all you want is your baby (healthy & beautiful) in your arms :hugs: try to ignore him & go with your professor.

Dan-o - very pleased to hear the bleeding has slowed. Hope all the bleeding on this thread buggers off soon & stays away!! Cake is finished but have to travel 49 miles with it before I can add the topper & candles. Will try to get a good pic of it later on :)

Crossed posts tasha - THRILLED you don't have to see him again!!

My husband says we need to complain but I'm not sure I want the stress. He's awful though, so I will think about it.

Peter Pan cake sounds fabulous. Cant wait to see it.

Sorry I missed that it has slowed dano. So glad but hope it stops and doesn't return.

I think i've missed a lot, haven't been around in a while. lots of reasons but mostly down to the tiredness that is supposed to go away in second tri. I really need some energy now please.

Hope everyone is well. Tasha, sorry to hear about the consultant. :(

Is anyone else having trouble getting the accommodations they need at work? The school I work for is refusing to provide me with accomodations and is forcing me to choose between staying in a position that could be dangerous for me and baby OR going on unpaid medical leave for the remainder of the pregnancy and refusing to hold my position (meaning they are forcing me out of the position and then filling it so I don't have a position to go back to next school year, if I choose to do so)

Thanks timeforababy. I think that it does settle in second tri, maybe keep an eye on your iron xx

Oh goodness, that's awful jrepp. We have laws to cover that stuff in the uk but I'm not sure what you have there xx

Jrepp.. Do you work for a larger company?? There ARE laws to protect you. I would look extensively into FMLA AND also speak w human resources if you have that where you work. :hugs: That's sort of medical harassment and they could get sued. But look into it! :hugs:

Hi ladies I posted another thread about this but got no replies. Not about this pregnancy so delete if you need too. My 2.5 year old woke up with a nasty pimple on her top lip. Big ugly white head on it. One you would love to burst ha. Shes abit young for pimples. Could it be a virus? Her nose tends to be blocked in the mornings too. Afraid to touch incase it spreads. Any ideas ?

Hi ladies I posted another thread about this but got no replies. Not about this pregnancy so delete if you need too. My 2.5 year old woke up with a nasty pimple on her top lip. Big ugly white head on it. One you would love to burst ha. Shes abit young for pimples. Could it be a virus? Her nose tends to be blocked in the mornings too. Afraid to touch incase it spreads. Any ideas ?

My dd sometimes gets little pimples. Don't think she's had a white head though. Could it be a cold sore? Google images & if it looks similar them take her to a pharmacy for a topical treatment or put ice on it (kills the virus to stop it spreading). Don't pop it though - cold sores can spread really easily. Hth!

Jrepp - that's terrible!! Is there anyone you can talk to? Human resources? A union rep?

My dd sometimes gets little pimples. Don't think she's had a white head though. Could it be a cold sore? Google images & if it looks similar them take her to a pharmacy for a topical treatment or put ice on it (kills the virus to stop it spreading). Don't pop it though - cold sores can spread really easily. Hth!

To me doesn't look like a cold sore. I get them and there just usually red and swollen. This has visible puss in it. Just hoping not impetigo or something . Wonder would tea tree do the job? It would be tomorrow before I get her to a pharmacy. Thanks

Jrepp.. Do you work for a larger company?? There ARE laws to protect you. I would look extensively into FMLA AND also speak w human resources if you have that where you work. :hugs: That's sort of medical harassment and they could get sued. But look into it! :hugs:

I work for a Denver Public Schools. I contacted human resources who said I do not qualify for fmla due to not working 1250 hours in the past 12 months but qualify for unpaid medical leave of absence under the union bargaining unit. The only thing is they are leaving it up to the principal to decide whether my position is held or not (the same principal who denied my request for lighter duty away from physically violent students and flexible start time).

I think I'm going to call a lawyer today to get advice as I feel they are forcing me to quit because I can't physically restrain the children while pregnant.

I'm not sure what it is to be honest but don't pop it. It will pop on its own if it's going to. Try to wash her face with soap twice a day and see if it gets better.

Jrepp, I hope you find a solution for your work situation. That sounds terrible. They shouldn't be allowed to force you out of your position just because you're pregnant. That sounds illegal to me. I do think that contacting a lawyer is a good move. I'd say you have a case, but I don't know all the laws verbatim.

Keyval, that sounds like a bad cold sore or a nasty zit. I get cold sores too, but if they ever have anything in them, it's clear or yellowish. I do get cystic acne on my chin sometimes though and those are painful and full of puss. I agree don't pop it (even though I know it's tempting!); it will pop on its own when it's ready. If you think it's impetigo or something bad, it wouldn't hurt to call or take her to the Dr. I doubt you have anything to worry about though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->