July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Oh my goodness its been a while since i've been on here! I hope everyone is doing good and pregnancy is treating you all well! I feel great and find out the sex next month! Feb 24th, can't wait! Need to catch up haha

Hey ladies. Be mia for a few days, interest troubles.

I also had a scan today. Seemed to be a popular day. I had an awful experience though. All was fine with baby heartbeat was 164, nt was 1.3 which is perfect and I am measuring 12 w 5 d. Two days ahead. BUT I never got to see my baby.
The technician was awful. She showed up 20 minutes late for my appointment and strolled in without saying anything. Talk about wanting to pee your pants. I had the screen turned away from me the entire time, I could see glimpses but couldn't really make anything out. And like that she was done. I asked if I could see pictures cause I was so put off. She quick showed me three of the screen shots she took and then said sorry you never asked to see. I was so disappointed. I know everything is okay, but I really wanted to see my baby wiggling around in there.

Seriously?! Sorry, but what a bisnatch:growlmad::nope:

And my boobies are so sore....lol in case you wanted to know hahah
My boobs are so sore too! Have been for a long time and it just won't go away!! I don't remember having sore boobs when I was pregnant with my daughter!:wacko:

Hey ladies, great scan pics and bumps

sorry not updated earlier Baby finally cooperated for the scan on Thursday so we could have the measurement done. Heart beating, baby measuring correct for our dates but NT measurement higher than they would like. Got blood test results yesterday and we are in a high category so we have to go to the hospital on Monday to see the screening team and maybe have some more tests.

I have been so upset this is not the news we expected. After the miscarriages I thought we had been through enough.
Am feeling better today and being positive, just got to wait and see what Monday brings.

The nurse came today to give me my first progesterone shot to keep me from going into preterm labor. I was very nervous but it didn't hurt a bit and she checked baby with Doppler and will every time she comes so that makes me feel better. Very sweet lady

Sportysgirl :hugs: so sorry it was not as good as it could have been. I've read so so many stories in here over the years with the same sort of results as yours and all has been well in the end. Hoping with all my heart it's the same for you. What risk did they give you?

:hug:xxx

Thanks K4th, dan-o and Tasha for your advice.

I spent the night in the hospital. When I got there my bp was 145/113. So I had lab work done to check liver, protein, kidneys, etc. All actually looked ok. They just monitored me throughout the night and it did eventually come down on its own. Puffin is doing fine, was very active and hb was good.

I'm getting a medication adjustment, but I see them on Tuesday about it. They didn't want to right now since it did go down with some rest, water and being on my left side so they've said to just rest as much as I can. If they give too much meds, especially still this early in the pregnancy, they said it can be even riskier because if it ends up getting too low (which, during this point in pregnancy, it should naturally drop), then they risk blood flow to Puffin. So for now, rest, and we will see what Tuesday brings.

sorry not updated earlier Baby finally cooperated for the scan on Thursday so we could have the measurement done. Heart beating, baby measuring correct for our dates but NT measurement higher than they would like. Got blood test results yesterday and we are in a high category so we have to go to the hospital on Monday to see the screening team and maybe have some more tests.

I have been so upset this is not the news we expected. After the miscarriages I thought we had been through enough.
Am feeling better today and being positive, just got to wait and see what Monday brings.

THinking of you! Hopefully the results of the tests on Monday don't take too long. Glad you are more positive today. <3

Gosh medzi, how scary, glad all settled in the end and your bloods were good. Fingers crossed a little medication adjustment keeps it under control now! :hugs:

:hugs:

sportysgirl :hugs: I hope you get some good news this week! thinking of you! :hugs:

Thanks dan-o.

Tasha - just caught up about your appointment&#8230; I'm mad for you! Glad you don't see him again :growlmad:

Jrepp, I'm sorry for what's happening at your job :( I had bad sickness with my first pregnancy, but not as bad as you. I had my own office and didn't have to be around people unless I wanted to so I was able to privately deal with it. This time around has been a lot worse but I work from home. I really hope you can get some more support.

Mezdi, how scary for you. Make sure you're really hydrated all the time as I did notice a difference in my bp when I had not drunk enough.

Sportysgirl I'm sorry Hun. I know it's easy for me to say but remember high risk doesn't mean it is. Also with the further testing, I know that you will be worried about the risk that comes with more invasive testing, so I thought I would just say there are hospitals offering the blood test that can test for stuff so there aren't the same risks. I mean on the nhs obviously as it's an expensive test if you have to pay. I'm not sure what others are doing it but mine (queen charlottes in London) is. Referral there may be another option to consider if needed, obviously praying it's not :hugs:

Possible TMI (isn't everything pregnancy related TMI? lol), but does anyone have ridiculously dark urine? I drink a ton of water, the occasional sugar free kool-aid and sometimes powerade (on the days where I can't get calories in any other way). But for the most part it's water the majority of the time. If I was still taking prenatals, I could understand it more since you pee out any water soluble vitamins your body doesn't utilize. But I stopped those 2 weeks ago. :/ Just wondering if this is an actual issue or not.

Good to know Tasha! I am so bad at drinking enough water&#8230;so I'll really make sure I do and hopefully that helps as well!

csto - dark as in how? Does it look like there is any blood in it (so it would be kinda brownish/reddish tinged?) Or do you mean dark yellow? If looks kinda brownish, you might have a UTI. If you are drinking a lot of water, not sure what else it could be&#8230; maybe something you have been eating?

I haven't been eating much. lol. It varies from medium-dark yellow to just slightly orange on occasion. I have an appointment next week so I'm sure they'll have me pee in a cup. I'll ask about it then. I don't have any other symptoms of a UTI, though. It doesn't hurt to pee, I'm not going any more frequently than I usually do... I wonder if it could be from my antibiotics.

Totally could be from antibiotics. If you google them it might say if that is a side effect. My sister had a few UTIs while pregnant and didn't even know!

Csto most likely from antibiotics. I was on some this summer that made my pee almost brown... but mention it to Dr if you are worried

sportsgirl - so sorry to hear about your appointment. I hope the next set of tests will help.

jrepp - they are really being appalling. are you the first case in this school or are they known to be particularly unkind to pregnant women?

csto - it will probably be antibiotics, they are killing all the bugs in your body and it's being excreted in your pee.

medzi - glad they are working on tweaking your medication.

We went out for dinner last night with some friends and today by sheer willpower alone, I managed to get some things sorted in the house. i am very sick of this fog over my brain and the tiredness. :(

Here's a link to the cake I baked for anyone interested... https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/cooking-baking/2276759-baked-birthday-cake.html#post34707151

Sporty - good luck for your tests, sorry you're having this extra worry. My friend came back high risk & has a lovely, healthy 2 year old. Hope all is well :)

Timeforababy - yep - I am ready for my second tri energy boost now. Still waiting for it :coffee:

I was out last night (still in bed for 10!) and at a kids birthday party this morning & I am exhausted!! Dd also stayed up later than usual & couldn't sleep as she was over excited - she is a grumpy pants today. Poor dh dealing with two grumpy girlies!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->