July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Sportysgirl.. I would probably opt for the blood test if you can swing it financially.. So much less invasive and very accurate as well. I had a similar blood test done Friday. :hugs:

We went straight for the blood test this time, sportygirl.
2 weeks ago today, so hoping to hear something soon.

If it were me, I'd do the blood test. Amnio and CVS sound so scary to me.

:hugs: sportysgirl. It's a lot to take in before even trying to come to a decision.

Hi all!

Sporty- So sorry about the news, but stay positive as the others have said, the baby could still be healthy and normal.:hugs:

AFM- my daughter has Strep throat! She is so strong though and rarely complains. I have been cleaning the house and spraying it with Lysol!

Praying I don't get it.

Hope everyone is having a good day :)

My scan went well. The baby is fine and healthy. My results with the bloodtest and the scan together are very good so we can relay about that one.
The baby is now 68,9 mm and has a hb of 170 ( I could hear it the first time. It was so extremely lovely).

Sportygirl, go with the blood test if you feel like it but I know amniocentesis is also good and very reliable. Take your time to make the decision.

Attachments

• Rapport.jpg
    Rapport.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 13+10003.jpg
    13+10003.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 13
Sportysgirl, do what you feel is best for you Hun :hugs:

Khatif, lovely scan pics!

Dan-o migraines are awful! Especially when they drag on into the next day. Glad your feeling a lot better today.

I am experiencing just that one that dragged on into today it might be going away now though thankfully!!

Dan-o - :hugs: migraine sounds horrible :(

Sporty - are there any time limits to any of the tests? Like have it done by week ___ ?? Hope you have chance to take your time & consider all your options.

Khatif - lovely scans!!

Babygirl - hope your dd is better soon :flower:

Thank you. My next steps at this point are going to be re-emailing hr and letting them know that I feel like I am being forced to choose between continuing to work in a position that is dangerous to me and my baby or going on unpaid leave and losing my job. I will also be calling the paraprofessional Union first thing Monday and seeing if they can help

All the best for you and let us know how you get on, and definitely keep coming on here for support. It really sucks the labor laws are so bad in the USA. Here they aren't allowed to discriminate because of the pregnancies. I've had to give a whole bunch of work to someone else in my team because of H&S reasons.

dan-o: ouch. migraines are the worst!

sportysgirl : you will be well looked after whatever you choose and decide. I know the Harmony is expensive so the cost may be a prohibitive factor. But the medics will want to support you in your decision and give you the best care possible. Take your time and don't feel rushed!

Khatif- hope you're better and what a lovely scan.

as for me, I am so proud, I almost managed a full day of work (first time in weeks!!) . I'm really hoping this bloom thing happens soon as I have a lot to do and hand over in the next few months!!

Hope everyone else is well.

Thanks so much for your kind words.

Because we are in high risk we have been given three options. CVS, Amniocentesis or a new blood test which is called Harmony.
All three give the same results but can be done at different times.
In our area we would have to pay for the bloods tests as not offered on our health care system.
We will also be given an extra scan at 16 weeks.

We have a choice to make but we have time so no rush right now, just letting things sink in.

How much is the Harmony test? I've heard good things about it's accuracy.

Unfortunatly this is why we ended up refusing our NT, having further investigations, most invasive, must be very stressful and worrying especially if you're willing to take whatever hand is going to be dealt to you anyway.

Good luck x

Babyvaughan- sorry to hear your struggling with the migraines too they're awful, I'm pretty lucky I've only had one so far but I tend to get them later on.

Timeforababy- glad you nearly did a full day at work, not sure when the blooming stage is but wish it'd happen to me too! Look like I'm going through puberty again with this skin it's awful!

Sportsy - i'm so sorry you are going through this, like others have said it may all turn out to be fine, sometimes those tests arent always as accurate as they can be.

Jrepp - i'm sorry you are going through this, i know in Canada they laws are a bit more strict, my job would have to accommodate for me to go to appointments and such, as well if i was working in a dangerous environment or one that require physical strains i would have to be put in another department. fortunately i sit at a desk all day so unless there is bed rest needed then i will be stuck here until baby is born. Can your doctor not write a detailed note explaining how he/she feels you should not be doing certain things in your job? i can't see how they can make you lose you job over this - i think here the labor boards would go after the company

Yay Khatif!

Babygirl strep is awful! Hope she feels better and you don't get it!

So...I guess even though I'm not really religious I could use some prayers to whoever your higher power is and sportysgirl, I understand what you're going through.

I had my second blood draw for the neural tube defect screening. The midwife called this afternoon and said that the baby is at a high risk for spina bifida. The risk is 1:71, which I know means there's also a 70:71 chance that nothing is wrong...but I'm scared. I have spina bifida...but it's minor and it wasn't even diagnosed until I was 21 years old. If that's what my baby has then I will be thrilled...but there's also the possibility of paralysis which scares the hell out of me.

I am waiting for a call from the high risk doctors at a hospital about an hour from here. They will do my anomaly scan and consultation instead of my midwives office. It will be as soon as possible. The plus side is we get to find out the sex early.

Cdex, I'm so sorry. That's so scary! I hope your fears are alleviated soon, one way or another.

Sportsygirl, same goes for you-- no matter what you decide I hope everyone, family and doctors alike respect your choice.

AFM, I took another pic today! Kinda fun to see the progression, but I also feel so fat!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 11
I hope you both have answers soon sportsygirl and cdex :hugs:

You look great livvy!

cdex.. my thoughts are with you! :hugs: Is it at all possible that because you have a degree of it that the blood work is just picking it up from you? :shrug: I hope that's not a naive question-- sorry if it is :hugs: I'll for sure be praying for you! :hugs:

Livvy~ you look adorable! :cloud9:

Great question holly! I'm not sure but they did acknowledge that I have it and didn't say anything about that...hmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->