July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Rach you are tiny!! You are going to look adorable in a few months!!

Jrepp I am so sorry about your job. :/ I want to quit my job (trauma nurse) as it is extremely stressful, but my husband's in school so unless I come up with some other way to make money from home it can't happen for a while.

I completely know what you mean Livy. I'm so scared going down to one income, but my husband says that we were only on one income when we got married and he was paid a whole lot less. I'm looking for something I can do online so I can stay in bed most days. (Me+motion = not a good combo) It will all work out in the end. Have you gotten restrictions from your doc yet? Maybe they can put you on a desk position.

Rach your bump is so cute!

Here is my week 5 vs week 13 bump. No wonder the kids at work call me fat!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 14
Jrepp I am so sorry about your job. Can you stay at home just to enjoy your pregnancy? You may have to try let it go a bit to get less stressed about it but I guess is it very difficult.
You look gorgeous. What a cute bump!

Rach, you are so tiny, you will be so pretty.

Rach cute tiny bump! I can deffo see the difference, I'm carrying high as well :flower:

Jrepp, aww lovely little bump <3 sorry about your job nightmares hun :(

Will update dates etc in a bit :)

Sportysgirl, yay for hb on the doppler!! Magical sound <3

Medzi, sounds like they are looking after you well, hopefully you'll coast along now with a manageable BP :)

Glad you are feeling better timeforababy! Great idea to do some visiting trips, how fun!

Cute bump Rach.

Medzi, I'm glad they are keeping a close eye on you.

Wow jrepp, you've grown loads in eight weeks. Lovely.

Glad you heard the hb sportysgirl.

My NT scan results came back, low risk at 1 in 7300 so that's good but my PAPP-A results came back low. Mine is on the 5th percentile (0.4) and that has an increased risk of certwin things (won't write what here as don't want to freak anyone who may have it but not chromosomal more placenta based stuff), it's not good with my history.

Jrepp, thinking about you today while you talk with your principal. Hopefully, they will consider holding your position or at the very least giving you a good reference for when you are ready to come back. Your husband sounds very supportive!

Medzi, how great that they are monitoring you that closely. It must be a relief to know they will catch any problems in time.

Tasha, what bittersweet news. Praying that things stay well and it doesn't cause any further complications. :hugs:

Sportysgirl, I LOVE hearing the heartbeat. It is such a wonderful sound each time and there is nothing like that first!

Your bumps are all so cute. Mine has shrunk in the last week :( Hopefully, it will come back fierce! I think I finally got an announcement together last night since I fumbled the Christmas cards. I couldn't decide between two so I'm thinking double sided card. I want to add a picture where my husband and I hold letters and the belly is the 'O'. So it would read LOVE, JOY, 2015 but I don't know that I'm round enough for that yet.

Cute bump, Jrepp! Hope all goes well for you on the job front.

Tasha, glad to hear you are low risk for chromosomal abnormalities. I do hope that all stays well for you. Thinking of you. <3

I get my blood and NT results today. Also get to hear Squirmy's heartbeat again. Hoping all is well!

That will be cute Mama.

I hope it goes well Bubbles x

We had a nurse who had placenta previa so she was put on light duty (didn't actually have patients), but all the other pregnant nurses are expected to pull their weight. They won't give us flu patients or some forms of isolation patients, but we can still have very mean ones (who I sometimes am afraid will hit me) and very heavy ones which require a lot of lifting.

oh poo.

midwife today. all is well, baby heartbeat nice and strong. bp ok.

except lots and lots of glucose in urine. so much that she books me for a modified glucose tolerance test on monday :(

She said, she would be surprised if it wasn't GD and i'm only 16 weeks :(

Sorry for the results, Tasha. Praying everything will be just fine with your LO. :hugs:

My SIL has a 9 month old baby with oral-digital-facial syndrome, which in her basically just presented as a very deformed tougue and 6 toes on each foot. Her tougue occluded her airway when she's asleep so she has a trach (which hopefully isn't permanent), she's on a ventilator at night and she has a feeding tube in her belly. Her parents are amazing with how they've dealt with all her challenges, and she is just the cutest sweetest thing with the most personality you can imagine. :) she's a fighter for sure. I dreamed we had a blonde version of her with similar medical needs, and realized I would love a baby like that just the same as a "normal" one.

So there are things like that that run in my husband's family and I guess put us at slightly higher risk. His SIL is also a carrier for cystic fibrosis, which means he has a 50% chance of being one as well, so I got tested early on and I'm not a carrier, which is a huge relief!

Timeforababy, I know it's hard to swallow now but it's great they're catching it early on and will be able to monitor you and baby closely! From my short experience in the maternity nursing field, lots of women get GD and have healthy pregnancies. :flower:

Timeforababy, I know it's hard to swallow now but it's great they're catching it early on and will be able to monitor you and baby closely! From my short experience in the maternity nursing field, lots of women get GD and have healthy pregnancies. :flower:

Thank you for the support. sorry, I shouldn't really complain. I've had it very very easy compared to so many on this thread and all my tests have been great so far.

And all of the other women with worrying test results etc, have coped very well.

Anyways, nothing more to do until Monday now.

I'm not trying to downplay it because it is one more thing in pregnancy that you have to worry about now (as if you needed more!). I have very low blood sugar normally and being pregnant has made it worse. If I don't eat every few hours I get very shaky and dizzy. Like you said though, it's nothing compared to what some of our other moms are going through! So glad we can all support each other!

sportysgirl- I had the Panorama test done, similiar to Harmony. Thinking of you and sending you big :hugs:

At my last scan I saw the placenta it was low and before the baby he kinda mubbled something about being low but probably okay. I'm assuming it means I have an anterior placenta? If I'm already having a c section is there any other concerns with this!?

Timeforababy, I had GD in my last pregnancy and am already testing my blood sugar this time around. They sent me for a fasting glucose test (so just the first blood draw to check fasting sugar levels, nothing with the sugary drink or anything) and I did pass, but the doctor said that if it had been the actual GD screening then I would have failed. I guess that test has more strict standards.

So I've been there and am already kind of there again at 15 weeks! My GD was admittedly very mild - was able to control it just by altering my diet. But if you ever have any questions I'd love to share what knowledge/experience I have. :) I honestly did not find it to be too much of a hassle and as actually kind of pleased to have an excuse to eat healthy. Heh. I was a bit worried about delivering a monster-sized baby, but he ended up being pretty normal at 8 lb 4 oz (at 39+1). My first baby was bigger and I didn't have GD with him!

Thanks girls.

Ttc, never think you shouldn't complain, firstly you really weren't and secondly that means we should all never complain about anything as there is always someone worse off, someone who has been through more. No this is thread is about being there for one another, the highs, the lows and anything in between. GD is manageable and remember that diagnosed makes it much easier to control, therefore safer for you and baby :hugs:

Babyvaughan, I had a good chat about placenta position to the sonographer at my 13 week scan. Mine is fundal (right at the top). She said that really you can only start to think about position at the anomaly scan because they tend to move up (obviously mine can't) as your uterus stretches, so even if was low and anterior it might not be when you have your anomaly scan. Even if it stayed in the same place it depends how low etc x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->