July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Hi ladies how everyone feeling today?

Sportysgirl- hope your results don't take too long to come back.

I'm expecting to gain loads of weight I'm a bit chunky to begin with so it's never in my favour:(

It's my gender scan tomorrow eeeeek:happydance: so can't wait! I asked hubby what is he hoping for and he said he'll love whatever we have and can't wait to go baby shopping after :cloud9:

Any of you had dental work while pregnant? My OB signed a clearance so I can get my teeth worked on. I had a cleaning just before getting pregnant so that's good but I have a filling I need because the tooth is driving me nuts I go to the dentist next week.

You just need to make sure it's not the silver/metal one I think.

It will be the white kind, I'm worried about the medication they numb your mouth with. I need to do some research!

My dentist said not to do anything elective and for anything that had to be done he would need to use a different type of freezing.
Hopefully your dentist would know what to do

I'm expecting to gain loads of weight I'm a bit chunky to begin with so it's never in my favour:(

It's my gender scan tomorrow eeeeek:happydance: so can't wait! I asked hubby what is he hoping for and he said he'll love whatever we have and can't wait to go baby shopping after :cloud9:

SO exciting! Let us know as soon as you find out! :)

very exciting sammynashley, i can't wait until feb 18, it seems so far away

Luvallmy, I've also put on about 12-13 lbs. I feel huge! This is my first pregnancy so I have no idea how much weight I'm supposed to gain. I've been eating whatever I want so I'm sure that doesn't help.

So exciting!!! Enjoy every minute of seeing bubs :)

Thanks ladies it's not until the afternoon as hubby is working but I'm so excited, well be getting a DVD and seeing baby in 4D :)

Think I've updated everyones EDD's and appts.
I'll thank your post when I do each one, from now on, so I know I've done it :)

Let me know if any more need changing or any appts you want adding <3

Can you add my appointments please?
February 16th - pelvic pain
February 19th - high risk Ob
March 12th - anatomy scan

Time, have you felt baby move before? Or nothing atall yet?

I don't think I've felt anything at all. Sometimes I think it's baby and then I have a massive fart. :haha: :blush:

But I guess it's mostly because I don't really know what to feel. :)

I've had that happen, but I've had times when it's definitely baby and not fart. You'll get to know the difference soon enough,

So had my recheck today! She said 100% BOY! He was being stubborn though and only uncrossed his legs for a second to get the shot. She also said I have an anterior placenta, so I probably will not feel baby for a while.

My next appointment with my OBGYN is the 18th :)

How exciting! How do you feel about the results?

Any of you had dental work while pregnant? My OB signed a clearance so I can get my teeth worked on. I had a cleaning just before getting pregnant so that's good but I have a filling I need because the tooth is driving me nuts I go to the dentist next week.

I haven't been yet, but my husband asked the dentist yesterday. She said that they do not do X-rays when pregnant unless absolutely necessary. I'm sure they'll fix you up without causing concern to your lo.

Struggling with my body image for the first time this pregnancy. :( I just feel fat. We went swimming yesterday at the YMCA and that didn't help.

Awww :( I'm sorry. Getting larger isn't fun at all. I'm sure you looked great.

Struggling with my body image for the first time this pregnancy. :( I just feel fat. We went swimming yesterday at the YMCA and that didn't help.

I am right there with ya. Fewer and fewer things in my closet are fitting me. Some days, I feel like I look pregnant, and others, I feel like I just look fat. I would also love to go swimming, but then there's the bathing suit issue. DH and I are talking about a small vacation to the beach in April, and I want to wear a bathing suit, but I just don't know if I can make myself do it. :/

I'm in the process of cleaning out my closet of everyhing that doesn't fit anymore. Like 90% of my wardrobe is headed for storage. Have you looked at the pregnancy bathing suits? They are super cute and you can get a two piece with longer cove on the front. My solution is going to be swim shorts and a tank top.

Babyv- My friend was pregnant and she had a bunch of cavities that she had filled and the did use numbing shots. Just make sure you tell the dentist you are pregnant and give them the note from your doctor. They will know what to do. My friend even had x-rays done - they just cover your belly with something that prevents the radiation from getting to the baby.

I need to get my teeth cleaned SO bad!:nope:

14 weeks today!!! pretty soon ill be 4 months! I feel like time is flying but dragging at the same time haha

How is everyone doing today?

Congratulations on 14 weeks! Officially in second trimester without a doubt. How is it treating you so far?

I'm having a pretty rough day with nausea and vomiting, but am productively getting stuff done!

Had my midwife appointment today, baby sounded great and I won't see them until 31 weeks now!

Yay!! It's so great that baby is sounding great.

I have gained 13ish lbs. Anyone else?

I vary between down a pound and up half a oound. I'm supposed to be gaining a pound a week at this point but I don't know where it's going to come from.

Thanks for your well wishes. I had the harmony blood test yesterday it will take 8- 10 days for the results, I think they will ring me. We could have found out the sex but decided not too.
We didn't get a look at baby yesterday but have a scan on Wednesday to have a good look at everything. The consultant was very good and reassured me a lot.
Just a case of waiting really.

I have put on 2lb so far doesn't seem a lot.

Good luck on your scan.

Ohhhh how exciting. Do you have a preference of what you want?

Luvallmy, I've also put on about 12-13 lbs. I feel huge! This is my first pregnancy so I have no idea how much weight I'm supposed to gain. I've been eating whatever I want so I'm sure that doesn't help.

Depending on whether you were under, over or right on weight ore pregnancy you should gain overall between 20 and 35 pounds total. I was told 35 but that isn't going to happen.

Khatif, that is such a great idea for the gender reveal! How sweet. :flower:

LuvallmyH, I'm pretty sure I've gained at least 10 lbs. by now, and I will probably gain at least 40 total, as that is what I gained in each of previous two full-term pregnancies. However, I did not lose all the extra weight before getting pregnant again like I did before, so I'd love it if I could manage to NOT gain that much! We'll see. I'm actually a bit overweight to begin with, but I guess I qualify as petite because I'm around 5' 3". I also make bigger babies, so I guess that's part of it.

Oh, I hope your scan is excellent tomorrow, sammynashley! I'll cross my fingers for lots of great views of baby and that he/she won't be shy with the gender. :)

Do any of you get bad eczema in the winter? I've actually had it REALLY bad on my hand for months now. Finally asked a doctor and he said it was okay to use cortizone cream so gave me a prescription. Just wondering if any of you have reached that point and what you did to ease it, especially what is a safe remedy during pregnancy.

Today I have been busy prepare for the reveal party I'm in the works of making sugar cookies right now! I bought lips and mushtache cutouts! Did the reveal box earlier! Then took my dog out for a really long walk! Tonight we are going to a local concert with my mom anything to distract me until tomorrow! We find out at 2pm I'm probably going to cry! Can't believe I've made it this far! :)

Babyvaughn, that's so exciting. Love the mustache and lips cookie idea, so cute! I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to find out if it's going to be a little prince or princess for you!

Morning ladies,

It's pretty early for me it's 4am here, and DD woke me up so now I have insomnia and can't go back to sleep:( so thought I'd come on here and catch up :)

Jrepp-'I don't really have a preference we're lucky to have one of each, I guess in terms of struggling with boy names a girl would be easier but i really don't mind either way as long as they're healthy :)

Harley Quinn- I could have written that myself I'm struggling with my eczema at. The moment, well to be honest I always do when I'm pregnant. Think I have something to do with the hormone surges! I've been given a steroid cream for the worst parts to apply once a day at night time. And I find smothering myself in cocoa butter helps me.

Babyvaughan- yay it's our gender scans tomorrow :) lovely gender reveal idea! Hope your scan goes well! Little jealous yours is an hour and a half before mine! :)

So excited for the scans tomorrow!! Can't wait to hear genders :flower:

The party is tiffany blue and pink everything boy vs girl themed. The guests my fiances family are wearing the color of the gender they think! Before the party we are going to my parents and I have a big sister shirt for my dog we are going to put blue or pink balloons are her collar to tell them! I just want to go all out in case I'm unable to experience this again :) I will share with you all soon as I get back! :)

how sweet for the gender reveal party babyvaughan!

I'm so jealous of you ladies with no or little weight gain. I'm pretty sure I'm hefting an extra 8 kilos (about 16-18lbs). Thankfully my personal trainer was really sweet and said she couldn't see where it had gone. I'm not sure either. I'm wearing the same bras and the same tops (if they are long enough to go over bump and anything that fit me up to the hips still fit.

Ah well, I'm hoping it's lots of water retention :D

Happy weekend everyone, I was going to start clearing the garden for the growing season but it's not happening as we had snow overnight!!

It does sound like fluid retention time.

Babyvaughan that is so cute.

Sammy and everyone else having scans, good luck today. Can't wait to hear what you're having.

Afm my DH felt our baby kick this morning :dance:

Tasha your so lucky you can feel baby from the outside! I can't :(

Dan-o, could you put me down for my GTT on the 15th April Ergh!

I've been keeping myself busy this morning doing all the housework so time goes quicker, only problem is, I've worn myself out! Oops! 3 hours til my scan wish it'd hurry up!

Tasha - that's so amazing!!! I felt bubs nice for the first time last night but there's no way it could be felt outside yet.

Sammyandashley - not long now til your scan :happydance: I have a gtt booked for April too. Joy :sick:

K4th, I'm dreading the glucose test lasts time I felt so Ill for a few hours after. Hate the waiting around for two hours too. I was going to decline one but after the midwife explained what could happen if I had GD and didnt know it scared me a little so decided I'd better do it as I had GD 1st time around.

K4th, I'm dreading the glucose test lasts time I felt so Ill for a few hours after. Hate the waiting around for two hours too. I was going to decline one but after the midwife explained what could happen if I had GD and didnt know it scared me a little so decided I'd better do it as I had GD 1st time around.

I had four with my last pregnancy :( I kept having glucose in my urine on the dip test but never reached anywhere near threshold on the blood tests :shrug: I didn't feel sick but I HATE leaving the house without breakfast. It makes me grumpy & unhappy all day. I watched the minutes ticking by until I could eat some proper food. Not looking forward to it :growlmad:

Why are you being asked to have one? Did you have GD in the past? I've been asked because I have pcos so I'm higher risk for developing GD.

Eta: :dohh: just read back & you say you had GD with your first. Answered my question!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->