July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Congratulations on the great scan, Tasha! Your baby looks beautiful!

Harley, so sorry you're feeling down. It's definitely best to talk to someone now that can help you understand your feelings so you can be happy & healthy for your baby and the rest of your family. I saw a therapist several years ago for some personal issues and it definitely helps!

Medzi, yay for baby pokes!

Afm, I am feeling baby sooo much today. I've had a few flutters during the last week but today I can feel definite movement. It's like the baby's been doing aerobics in my tummy for the past hour. It is sooo amazing to finally feel my munchkin. There is nothing in the world like it!

Tasha, glad baby looks well. :) Lovely pic!

Congrats on your little girl, lucy!

Great bump, Bubbles! Is the cervix measurement ultrasound routine? Are they worried about preterm labour for some reason? Just wondering because I've not heard of a separate ultrasound just for that. I asked, and they will measure my cervix at the 20 week gender/anatomy scan.

AFM, I had a routine doctor's appointment this morning. I got to hear the heartbeat finally! Baby had been hiding from the doppler every other visit. Heart rate was 150, so just perfect.

I mentioned to my doctor that I've been feeling mildly depressed these last 2-3 weeks, and we chatted about that for a bit. She recommended I pursue counselling. I've checked, and it's covered (up to a certain amount) through my work benefits, so I'm going to look around for a faith-based counselor to go see. My husband has been very supportive and I've been keeping him pretty up-to-date with how I'm feeling, but I do think it will be good to talk to a professional about it. Especially since having any degree of prenatal depressions puts me at a higher risk of having PPD. So, I'm looking forward to that and finding some ways to help me cope with all these terrible feelings I've been having. Not really meaning to be a downer, because I am optimistic I can work through this in a healthy way with some help!

Thanks, Harley! Regarding the cervix measurement, they are just checking to make sure a procedure I had a few years ago to shave off some precancerous cells hasn't affected the length of my cervix. It's not routine for most, no, and they really didn't take much off, but they'd rather be safe than sorry. They said they do this for all the women who go to that practice who have had that same or a similar procedure done.

Medzi, so exciting that you're feeling something now! Yay!!! :D

Jrepp, thanks!! Don't you love Tuesdays? ;)

Lucy, Olivia Rose is a beautiful name. I am particularly fond of Rose as a middle name.

Forgot to add in my last post, Harley, I do hope that you feel better soon. Talking to someone is a great start. I see a therapist myself for depression and anxiety, and she is amazing. Talk therapy is wonderful if you have the right therapist.

Lucy congrats!! And Olivia is a great name (it's my name) ;)

Gosh, it's so hard to keep up with this thread! :haha:

I have another appointment on the 20th with my Midwife, and we will take another peak and see if we can find out the gender then. I'm bummed it's so far away, but we don't have enough money for another extra ultrasound before then.

Thanks for clarifying, Bubbles. That makes perfect sense that they would need to measure your cervix. This sounds weird to say, but I hope it's the perfect length. Ha.

Thanks for all the love, ladies. :) I knew you'd all be great support, so I will keep you in the loop as to how the counseling goes.

Lucy, Olivia is indeed a great name!

My niece is Olivia Rose .. Rose is my middle name too &#128525;&#10084;&#65039; Congrats

Congrats Tasha on the beautiful scan

I'm having a cervix ultrasound once a month just to monitor length because of previous early labor

Love the name Olivia! It is on our name list :)

I'm having an ultrasound to find out the gender on February 10th.
Can't wait! It's been fun finding out what everybody is having.

Exciting Starlight! That is only a week away!

Yay Starlight! So exciting!

I hope we get some more girls in here soon, so many boys happening in July!

Awwww fab Lucy. Congrats.

Cute bump luv!

I had a lovely private scan. Baby's head is right behind my belly button despite my bump being very low :haha: it kept rubbing their nose. Is about 11cm bum to head.

https://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww235/Tasha_Adams/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps7cd9c512.jpg

What a cute baby! Very nice picture!

Great news on the scans and genders ladies. Am also loving the bump photos.

I have my scan this afternoon am so excited but nervous too! Midwife tomorrow.

Tasha, glad baby looks well. :) Lovely pic!

Congrats on your little girl, lucy!

Great bump, Bubbles! Is the cervix measurement ultrasound routine? Are they worried about preterm labour for some reason? Just wondering because I've not heard of a separate ultrasound just for that. I asked, and they will measure my cervix at the 20 week gender/anatomy scan.

AFM, I had a routine doctor's appointment this morning. I got to hear the heartbeat finally! Baby had been hiding from the doppler every other visit. Heart rate was 150, so just perfect.

I mentioned to my doctor that I've been feeling mildly depressed these last 2-3 weeks, and we chatted about that for a bit. She recommended I pursue counselling. I've checked, and it's covered (up to a certain amount) through my work benefits, so I'm going to look around for a faith-based counselor to go see. My husband has been very supportive and I've been keeping him pretty up-to-date with how I'm feeling, but I do think it will be good to talk to a professional about it. Especially since having any degree of prenatal depressions puts me at a higher risk of having PPD. So, I'm looking forward to that and finding some ways to help me cope with all these terrible feelings I've been having. Not really meaning to be a downer, because I am optimistic I can work through this in a healthy way with some help!

Brave girl! You did really well to tell your doctor about the feelings you have.
I can relate to you totally. I have my appointment with a counselling next week. To talk to someone can help a lot already to understad what is going on. I am very happy that you told them and asked for help. That is a big step.
I had PPD and it is a horrible experience. Next to it, I had/have clinical depression and I was taking antidepressant for years. That why we only have the second child now.
So my all sympathy and support to you. It can be hard but with some good help you learn that is normal and you dont have to feel bad about it.

I am back from the midwife. He hardly could find the HB so I started to freak out a bit, even DH looked a bit worried but after couple of minutes we heard it. It was clear and strong just like to play hide and seek.
The top of my uterus is now at my belly button and everything is good.

My next appointment with the 20th weeks echo for medical reason is 10 March. Five more weeks to go.
Oh and I asked about my placenta but they will only check for its position next time.

How are you girls today?

I booked a private gender scan for yesturday & found out I'm having a boy :blue: ! Will try & put some pics up later, even got 3d pics.

My next midwife appointment is on 24th March, I'll be 24 weeks.

X

Tasha, very sweet blanket and beautiful scan pic, so cute! <3

Luvalllmy wow that snow is amazing! And your bump is gorgeous too!

Beautifulrose, glad the weekly appts are reassuring, hope the cervical scan goes perfect next week :)

mselizabeth, not sure I'd even bother to tell men, maybe just wait for a brave one to guess lol :haha:

Lucy congrats on joining team pink!! :wohoo: Love the name :)

Bubbles lovely little bump coming along! Good luck for tomorrow x

Harleyquuinn, yay for HB! Counselling sounds great to work though all your feelings :hugs:

Madzi, joyof, so pleased you are feeling your LO's now :yipee:

Good luck for this afternoons scan sportysgirl :)

Khatif, scarey when baby is a rascal like that! My MW couldn't find either of my boys until the 20-something week appt! They always look too low on me :dohh:

MrsB11!! Congrats on team blue! Look forward to piccies <3

MrsB congrats on a boy!! Exciting!

Khatif that little stinker playing hide and seek! Aw. Glad it was found and was nice and strong.

Thinking of Sporty! Hope the scan goes well!

Been feeling a bit stressed lately (not baby related) and now have a stupid cold sore. Ugh.

19 (!!!) weeks - almost halfway!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->