July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

K4th- I know it's likely a one off with the leg thingy, I don't think I'll get to speak to anyone until my pre-op way down the line, I would have chosen a vbac but my body doesn't like to labour and they won't induce so don't want to run the risk of a emcs when I can go for an elective. I'd love to vbac but don't think my body wants to I got to 41 weeks 2nd time around with no signs of labour and they wouldn't let me carry any longer :(

Well the most awkward thing just happened.

Me and OH about to have sex him on top when he recoiled and said that I shouldn't be on my back. A little taken a back I said it was fine and he said no and asked me to get on top which I said no to because I'm getting so breathless lately.

So we just didn't have sex and now we are in totally seperate rooms as if it never just happened!

Everything I've read including on the NHS website states do whatever position is comfortable so we appear to be at loggerheads here.

Is anyone else still doing missionary??

Congrats Bubbles!!! Yay for :pink:

Lucy, honestly we don't do missionary very much anyways. Personally, I couldn't right now, my tummy weight is too much and I wouldn't be comfortable. At this point I think it is whatever you feel is comfortable, but later on they don't recommended laying on your back bc the weight is too much and can put pressure and possibly resitrict some blood flow. Sorry it was a bit weird what happened. That has happened to us before too.. We seem to disagree about where to start and then awkwardly just don't do anything..

Since some of you ladies have been sharing what you've bought so far, I thought I'd join in. When I first found out I was pregnant, I bought a super cute monkey themed swaddling blanket. And recently we've bought a green BOB jogging stroller, little booties with dog faces on them, and some cute gender neutral frog themed onesies, since we haven't found out the gender yet. We won't buy any more until we know, which will be next week hopefully. :winkwink:

K4th- I know it's likely a one off with the leg thingy, I don't think I'll get to speak to anyone until my pre-op way down the line, I would have chosen a vbac but my body doesn't like to labour and they won't induce so don't want to run the risk of a emcs when I can go for an elective. I'd love to vbac but don't think my body wants to I got to 41 weeks 2nd time around with no signs of labour and they wouldn't let me carry any longer :(

:hugs: :hugs:

I'm sorry you ladies have had such insensitive remarks during your pregnancies. As if you aren't already worried enough!

Congratutions bubbles! Another person joining team pink!

What do they do if you are not getting an epidural and have to go in for an emergency c-section?

bubbles - congratulations on team pink! We aren't finding out but we both secretly want a girl. I would be happy with either but OH has 2 boys and want to spoil a girl!

Dan-o and Tasha, oh no :( I'm so sorry to hear what you've been going through. I hope you both stay strong.

babyvaughn - i'm so sorry to hear about you dad.

sammy - sorry to hear about your bad experiences, I hope they can manage it better this time for you

lucy1 - i would love to be able to do missionary (and I sometimes sleep on my back) but it's so uncomfortable when his weight is on me at the moment. It's not as if I have that much energy for all the other positions!

as for me I had a really really uncomfortable situation at work today. Some people I've told have told others and it's been spreading (which is ok because it saves me the discomfort of telling people). BUT one person who I'm friendly to (but not really a chatty person), literally shouted across the lunch room today asking if I was having my first baby. I turned around, in shock and said yes. and turned back away. He then had the cheek to continue and ask if i was expecting a boy or a girl. I said I didn't know yet and walked out. There were lots of other people in there and I just felt so uncomfortable that he was quizzing me about my body when I chose not to share that. I'm happy for people to congratulate me about baby but WTF how can he ask these questions in front of a crowd of other people who he doesn't even know if they know yet.

GAH.

and extra - told hubby and he said to have a word with this person's manager about inappropriate behaviour and I'm happy for that to happen.

Well the most awkward thing just happened.

Me and OH about to have sex him on top when he recoiled and said that I shouldn't be on my back. A little taken a back I said it was fine and he said no and asked me to get on top which I said no to because I'm getting so breathless lately.

So we just didn't have sex and now we are in totally seperate rooms as if it never just happened!

Everything I've read including on the NHS website states do whatever position is comfortable so we appear to be at loggerheads here.

Is anyone else still doing missionary??

Ugh! Long gone are the days of awkward free sex. I refuse to be on top because I was noticing my belly rubbing against hubby's and felt really gross about it. We mostly stoc to missionary and lately a lot of doggy because it's the only comfortable pain free position we've found.

bubbles - congratulations on team pink! We aren't finding out but we both secretly want a girl. I would be happy with either but OH has 2 boys and want to spoil a girl!

Dan-o and Tasha, oh no :( I'm so sorry to hear what you've been going through. I hope you both stay strong.

babyvaughn - i'm so sorry to hear about you dad.

sammy - sorry to hear about your bad experiences, I hope they can manage it better this time for you

lucy1 - i would love to be able to do missionary (and I sometimes sleep on my back) but it's so uncomfortable when his weight is on me at the moment. It's not as if I have that much energy for all the other positions!

as for me I had a really really uncomfortable situation at work today. Some people I've told have told others and it's been spreading (which is ok because it saves me the discomfort of telling people). BUT one person who I'm friendly to (but not really a chatty person), literally shouted across the lunch room today asking if I was having my first baby. I turned around, in shock and said yes. and turned back away. He then had the cheek to continue and ask if i was expecting a boy or a girl. I said I didn't know yet and walked out. There were lots of other people in there and I just felt so uncomfortable that he was quizzing me about my body when I chose not to share that. I'm happy for people to congratulate me about baby but WTF how can he ask these questions in front of a crowd of other people who he doesn't even know if they know yet.

GAH.

and extra - told hubby and he said to have a word with this person's manager about inappropriate behaviour and I'm happy for that to happen.

I would be so angry! I'm proud of you for just walking away. I probably would have been so much rudder. I'm sorry you had to deal with all of that.

Yay bubbles congrats!

Kassy how exciting!! Hope the scan goes well

Starlight, thank you so much for the tip about icing your sciatica. I iced the painful area last night and feel much better today. Still a little sore but nothing like yesterday.

Dano, so sorry you're having a rough time & getting poor medical treatment. Hopefully things will improve as you get further along.

Tasha, I can't believe someone would say that to you. Even if she wasn't deing malicious, common sense should tell her you just don't say things like that. Unbelievable!

Bubbles, yay another little girl for our group. So happy for you!

Lucy, we still do missionary sometimes but it's starting to get uncomfortable as my tummy a getting bigger. He usually has to stand on the side of the bed, lol!

I really do not feel pregnant today :( and I honestly don't feel any movements yet..... I'm worried :(

lucy, DH and I still do missionary, but we rarely even have sex at all right now tbh. I have no drive :(. But I've thought about how it may not be possible anymore to do missionary after a certain point.

timeforababy, I'm sorry to hear about that. I'd be angry too if I were you. I think that is an excellent idea to talk to that person's boss.

timeforababy, it may still be too early for feeling movement. I'm just now starting to feel movements myself. I have an anterior placenta which can cushion early movements. Do you know if you have one?

Thanks everyone! We are so excited for a little girl! Well me more than DH but he's excited too. :)

Bubbles - I don't know if I have an anterior placenta . MY OB didn't mention it. Would they be able to tell in an ultrasound at 9 weeks? That's the last time I had one and my next is on March 12th

They should be able to. I know they could tell mine was anterior at my 12 week scan. Maybe try calling and asking if they happened to see that at your last scan? They should have the scan pics on record somewhere.

Don't worry yet babygirl. Still really early to feel movement, even if you don't have an anterior placenta!

Lucy, I'm pretty sure it's okay to lay on your back for the amount of time it takes to have sex. Sorry you had such an awkward experience with your DH. My DH and I still do missionary, but soon I'm sure I'll have to be on top or, as a PP said, have him stand at the end of the bed while I lay down.

Congrats on your baby girl, Bubbles! And so glad to hear your cervix looks good too!

AFM, here's the 17 week bump picture I promised. The pic on the left is from almost 2 years ago, pregnant with DS2 while holding DS1. The one on the right is from yesterday, holding DS2! :)

Attachments

• 17 week bump comparison.jpg
    17 week bump comparison.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 14
I really do not feel pregnant today :( and I honestly don't feel any movements yet..... I'm worried :(

I haven't felt pregnant since around 11 weeks, and I just started to feeling consistent movement (I didn't feel any movement until 17 weeks). I wouldn't worry too much. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->