July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

I never know what to say when someone finds out their baby has Down's because a lot of people's reactions are negative (not saying yours are but you can never weigh up people's views on it) and having a 24yr old sister with Down's syndrome no matter how much I try I can't understand how it would make someone unhappy to that extreme as I don't really see Down's as meaning a child is unhealthy - although I accept and appreciate a lot of people do and that it can occasionally coincide with other problems.

I hope you get all the advice and help you need! I do understand its a very big shock especially if you have no experience of it (not sure if you have or not). I didn't want to seem insensitive by not commenting at all but I want you to know im thinking of you x

Sporty - I can only imagine the shock of receiving that news. I'll be thinking of you. The others have said wonderful things - of course there will be challenges, but I've never met a person with Down's who has been anything but a joy to spend time with. There are so many resources and I'm sure you can speak to other families on your journey. I follow a woman on Facebook who has a group called The Happy Soul Project she created after her daughter was born and them learning she had Down's... Every time I see a new post it really warms my heart <3

We are all here for you!!

Congrats on becoming a banana Medzi I'll be there with you Friday ! Half way down woo hoo

Lovely bumps ladies!

The hospital rang on Monday, the results show that our baby has down syndrome. We are still in shock and taking the information in.

Still can't believe this is happening after all we have been through.

Please pray for us.

I am in complete shock at this outcome. There is nothing I can say to ease your mind or make you feel at peace. Just know that I will say a prayer for you and yours and am sending you hugs and support.

Hi, I am Mallory and I am due July 30th with my second :) xx

Welcome

Oh yeah thanks Rose!! Wow, half way... Happy you're joining the banana club on Friday ;)

Welcome Mallory!

I am feeling baby kicking! I felt it a few times today <3
I am so happy and in love!:cloud9::happydance:

Sportysgirl- I'm completely speechless for you, praying for you and your family also sending :hugs:

M2010- welcome!

Sportysgirl- I am sending you good thoughts, and hugs &#9825;

I was lucky enough to find out today that even with a 1:71 risk of spina bifida, our baby is beautiful and perfectly healthy!

And, we're both a little shocked, but we are team blue!!! I could have sworn it would be a girl, but so excited!
Here's a belly pic from today, 19+6 :)
https://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b564/ifightfire15/Mobile%20Uploads/20150211_114001_zpsc43m8wo0.jpg

Congrats on the banana's! haha:laugh2:

Cdex- How amazing! So happy for you and your family! Such a cute bump!!

Yay for team Blue!:blue:

cdex, so glad baby is doing well! Great bump you've got there, and congrats on team blue! So fun! :)

Sportysgirl huge :hugs: I know this is scary, because you always hear worse case scenarios but that isn't always the case.

One of my good friends little boys was born last year and he has Down syndrome. He is the most beautiful, happy, content little man and is doing soooo well. So far he has had none of the health issues that are a worry. Any way here is a link to Jaxon's page on fb

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=604721739643195

If you want to get in touch with my friend, I can arrange that and there are support networks that she can help you with that. There will be no judgement from them just support for whatever you decide, but they will help you have the full picture. Just give me a shout if you would like to speak to her.

sportysgirl sorry to hear. :hugs:

medzi half way! that's crazy talk! :happydance:

congrats cdex! cute bump too

had my regular ob check up yesterday, little peanut was bouncin all around and dr had to chase babes to get a heart rate of 140, exactly same as last month. also got results from all my high risk lupus bloodwork and 24 hour urine. all perfect! thankfully I don't have the active clotting issues that could cause a heartblock in baby. :thumbup:

5 more days until gender scan!!!! :wacko: :happydance:

Hi ladies!!!! My name is Emma and I am due July 11. I had my 20 week scan this Monday and they were saying they were thinking I could very possibly be due July 7, but that they want to keep it at 11 just because...I also found out on Monday that I am team blue!

This is my first and I am so thrilled to have such an awesome support group here!!

and here's my comparison shots. there's a baby in there! :cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG_20150210_085329.jpg
    IMG_20150210_085329.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 18
Great bump, Rach! Wonderful news that baby is doing well. Love your new hair colour too. ;)

Welcome, Emma, and big congrats on your first. Nothing like your first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->