July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Just left my first dr appt. didn't give me hcg results. Was I supposed to ask? Lol

Said I should only gain 25lbs. Seems low! Lol. Guess I'm bigger than I thought starting off! Haha. :dohh:

Had myself a good swim this morning then a big breakfast of eggs, sausage, hashbrown, fruit, and toast. With a large chocolate milk. And for once I'm not hungry at 11am. handy!

Yum! That sounds delicious. I had toast with almond butter then went on my run. Just got home and going to have some fruit, granola and yogurt and a side of soup (lol!!) and probably some steamed kale or some other veggies. Nice combo huh?

Just left my first dr appt. didn't give me hcg results. Was I supposed to ask? Lol

Said I should only gain 25lbs. Seems low! Lol. Guess I'm bigger than I thought starting off! Haha. :dohh:

I think every doctor is different and same with every person too. My grandma said she actually lost a few pounds when she was pregnant with my mom! And with her other two kids she gained like 28 and 25 pds. A girl I work with said with one kid she lost weight and with the other she only gained a few pounds and her kids were around 7 or 8 pds! I gained about 40 pds my last pregnancy and my daughter was 6 pds 9 oz. I don't want to gain a lot this time around at all. :wacko::nope:

Hi girls can I join? My edd is July 18:) I have a 19 month old daughter so this is baby number 2! I've taken about 10 preg tests over the past two days because I still don't believe it! I got it confirmed today at my doctors yay!

Congrats Heaveneats. I will add you to the list :)

CertifiedOreo - whatever works lol. Prime rib sandwhich with spinach worked for me for lunch ha.

Ms Elizabeth - I think that's a fairly standard recommendation. I'm looking to stay within 25ish lbs. That will be a challenge for me. If I go over 25lbs I won't be too upset though :p as long as I don't go higher than previous pregnancies!

That should have said 25lbs :p

Ms Elizabeth - in the US the HCG tests arent all that common I dont think. I only got them during my first pregnancy because they were used to confirm a miscarriage. When I got preg with my son I was terrified of miscarrying again and asked for HCG tests, and they told me they dont do that on regular prenatal visits. This time I am asking for them because I just had another miscarriage.

As for the weight gain, I am sure they are going to tell me 25 as well. I am 10lb heavier this go around, so that also sucks!

I called and made an apt, asked them what they suggest. They said to come in and have the pregnancy verified and they will likely take blood and check levels. Apt is Tues morning.

heaveneats - welcome! :)

CertifiedOreo - losing weight while pregnant?!?! Crazy! I'm just munching on veggies as needed. We will see what happens! LOL

ajarvis - I hate knowing the # to not go over, you know? Like I am afraid to be staring at the scale being starving.

KozmikKitten - sorry to hear of your mc. sending you hugs and lots of good luck! I don't even own a scale, so i'm not sure what my weight is. lol. I just know I still wear the same size pants as I did 20 years ago. that's my scale. my pants. good luck on Tuesday! let us know!

Keyval, I can't believe your dr. said that. So insensitive! 400 is a good # but what's most important is that your levels are doubling every 48-72 hrs. Do you have another blood test scheduled in the next few days?

Welcome to all the new July Mamas!

I feel fine today, just a little emotional. Still waiting for morning sickness to kick in but it hasn't happened yet. I know that's a good thing but it still makes me nervous. I just want to feel like I'm pregnant!

Ms Elizabeth. One thing I know for sure is I won't be staring at the scale starving :p I can't restrict food. I love it too much and being hungry I can't stand. Makes me sick, and angry. So just trying to eat good food.

Had a prime rib sandwhich for lunch and didn't bring myself any snacks :( So hungry. Probably end up with a hotdog in an hour for my commute home haha

So yesterday when I was changing my clothes after work I looked down at my stomach and I had a huge gut! I'm only 5 weeks 3 days so there's no way I could be showing already, but I have never seen my tummy look so big. I guess it's bloat cause it went down by this morning but it was shocking how big I got from being bloated. Anyone else experiencing pregnant bloat like this?

Keyval, I can't believe your dr. said that. So insensitive! 400 is a good # but what's most important is that your levels are doubling every 48-72 hrs. Do you have another blood test scheduled in the next few days?

I feel fine today, just a little emotional. Still waiting for morning sickness to kick in but it hasn't happened yet. I know that's a good thing but it still makes me nervous. I just want to feel like I'm pregnant!

Yes i have one booked for Monday which I'm worrying about now ha

Definitely Joyofmylife! Also with number 1 I was teeny tiny and immediately had a gut. Always by day end. Then the bloat would leave by morning lol.

Yes i have one booked for Monday which I'm worrying about now ha

Oh I'm so sorry, Keyval...I didn't mean to worry you! I'm sure you will be fine! From what I've read, most people that have problems with their HCG levels will see it immediately with their numbers not rising out of the 100 - 200 range. If you're already in the 400s then I wouldn't be concerned. I'm sure you will see beautiful high numbers on your next test! :)

Spent the morning reading through all the pages. Im so excited for all the new mamas! Sorry for the couple losses :(

Its been a busy few days for DH and I, telling my mom and sibs, his family and a couple of close friends. His family is beyond excited, first baby on his side of the family in 28 years!! None of his sibs or cousins have kids. My fam on the other side is massive....theres someone popping out a babeh like every couple months. Lol (me, my sis and cous are all pregg right now)

Ive been doing the same as you ladies, testing multiple times to reassure myself I wasnt dreaming. Tested 2nd, positive...retested 5th and came up right away and as dark as the control! Going to test again tomorrow :test: with a digi just because I want it to flat out say "pregnant" lol. I know weird. I keep the tests in front of me too so I can keep looking at them. May be crazy but I have forreals been wanting a munchkin of my own since I was literally 10 years old. Its been a long 17 year wait!

I have my first appt/scan with OB next wed at 7w0d. Super pumped! !! :happydance:

Congrats again to all you ladies :wohoo:

So yesterday when I was changing my clothes after work I looked down at my stomach and I had a huge gut! I'm only 5 weeks 3 days so there's no way I could be showing already, but I have never seen my tummy look so big. I guess it's bloat cause it went down by this morning but it was shocking how big I got from being bloated. Anyone else experiencing pregnant bloat like this?
Ugh yes!! My pants have been feeling tighter but I have pretty much been maintaining at the moment...possible retaining water?

Thanks, ladies!!!

I'm feeling really great so far. Just tired a lot, but that's normal since I work full time and have the two littles at home. :p

No MS or food aversions yet (thankfully!), but I am kinda starting to be sensitive to smells... Had to run out of the bathroom at work today to avoid gagging. Ugh. So it begins!

The earliest they could book me at the maternity clinic for my first appointment is December 8th, which seems soooo far away! lol I guess I could make an appointment with my family doctor in the meantime, if I really wanted to get all my blood work and initial scan done sooner. It's tempting, for sure.

And oh my, let's not even talk about bellies! Ha. I still have quite the gut leftover from my last pregnancy, and also with my second baby I started to show around 8 weeks!!! I don't think I'll be able to hide this pregnancy for very long. Ha.

Hi everyone, got my BFP today with baby number two

Due date based on lmp is the 6th but I think it will get put back by about 13-16 days.

Ladies I'm worried my frer tests have not gotten darker and its been 24 hours, I have a feeling this may be a chemical :( has any had this before

I tested early this pregnancy and for the first 3 days or so the lines looked the same, then started getting MUCH darker. Try not to worry even though I know it is so hard not to! :hugs:

Welcome Lozzy21 and congratulations! We're due date buddies. :)

Heaveneats, I wouldn't worry too much if it's only been 24 hours. I think it takes a few days for the lines to get darker. Maybe try waiting 2 or 3 days and then test again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->