July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Medzi- DS was born with no issues apart from dropping some weight after birth but they said that was normal, he was 5lb at 37weeks and didn't need nicu care.

Dan-o- think I'll moan at the midwife but doubt very much she'll give me one. I might just pay for a private one if it puts my mind at ease. Thinking of you! Have the doctors given any ideas what could be causing the bleeding?

Morning ladies I have my 20 week scan today, I'm terrified something will be wrong. Had one of those horrible realistic nightmares last night about today and it's left me feeling a bit scared..hopefully it's all in my head and my dreams are playing tricks on me..I'll update later.

Good luck with your scan today. I've had a few baby dreams where something goes wrong. My personal opinion is that subconsciously you're preparing yourself for the worst case, but it usually doesn't go that way.

Really bad bleed for me this morning, covered my bed, floor as I ran to the bathroom and was just dripping out in the shower. Red as red can be and two decent clots. I saturated two pads completely afterwards (and ruined two pairs of pants!) and now it's just stopped completely. So confused :wacko: poor hubby had to scrub out my trail of destruction, thank goodness our carpets have stain guard.

Maternity Assesment have agreed to see me, as I want my cervix checking and a swab done if nothing else. I'm there now. I've not felt baby move this morning, but that's not unusual.

Good luck sammy x

Sportysgirl, how are you doing sweetie?

I'm so sorry that you keep bleeding, but I'm glad they are finally taking you seriously. If they had in the first place all of this could have been avoided.

Thinking of you dan-o! Xx

What's everyone up to today? OH is working today so me and DS are building a blanket fort in our living room! Haha xx

I'm hanging out with my mom and then we are taking my nephews to a Mardi Gras parade at my hubby's work. Other than that just taking it easy today. My body hurts too much to do much else

Ok so I got taken very seriously this time. Blood been pouring out again, they were a little taken aback to be honest. I'm now on labour ward, in a side room. Scanned, bloods, swabs and a cannula sited ready for a blood transfusion if needed. Babys perfect and cervix looks long, but I have a big active bleed draining out pretty much continually and a 7cm clot between the chorion and the amnion. It's not a subchorionic bleed any more, it's sub amniotic. Looks away from the placenta and fetal blood vessels, but I need a vaginal scan at some point. They aren't sure what will happen next, I get the impression they are expecting me to miscarry and/or hemmhorrage.

It makes me so mad that if they had listened to you in the first place this may have been avoidable. You are in my thoughts today and I pray that everything will come out ok.

Dano- glad to hear they're taking care of you, and taking things seriously this time!

I had my scan this morning, baby is still face down and breech to be honest I'm not that fussed, but a little concerned as baby is measuring small again like DS did. The femur length, head circumference and a few other bits are nearly off the low end of the scale :( was also told by the ob that they won't re-scan until I'm 34weeks due to growth but if I'm honest I'm not really happy with this. But she said if my stomach doesn't appear to be growing then they'll probably do one before then. But other than that baby is healthy.

You still have time for the baby to flip into the right position. I'm sorry that the baby is measuring small. Can you demand a sooner scan?

Sammy-Glad baby seems healthy. I'm sorry about the concerning growth though. I do hope everything turns out alright. I'm sure it will. :hugs:

Dan-o: SO SO SO glad they are FINALLY taking you seriously! Can't believe it took them this long to do so, tbh. I hope everything turns out alright for you and your little one. How long are you staying with the Dr.?

AFM, 19 weeks today! Only one more week til halfway, and then on the 26th, anatomy scan! :happydance: I have been feeling her move more often lately, it's been wonderful. :cloud9: Though of course movements aren't super regular yet. I really only feel her on the right side since my placenta is anterior and to the left, but I do definitely feel her. She was particularly active yesterday. Also cleaned a ton yesterday and apparently my lower back didn't like it. :( I hurt in bed last night when I would try to turn over, and walking hurts it too.

Happy 19 weeks!!!! That's great that you've been feeling your lo move more. I bet that's so reassuring! I know what you mean about back pain. After my dr appointment yesterday I am pretty dang sore myself.

Thanks ladies. Still bleeding in floods but no cramps to speak of really :)
I really feel like everything will be ok, despite all this, hopefully my instincts are right!

I really hope everything goes alright and your instincts are right! Keep us posted

Happy 19 weeks bubbles! And happy 17 weeks Jrepp! :flower:

dan-o, glad they're taking care of you, hope everything goes well! Xx thinking of you

:hugs: Sammy, I would push too. A small femur too is a positive thing as it suggests a small for gestational age baby rather than not growing symmetrically which suggests IUGR x

Dan-o - I'm so sorry to read your update but so very glad that they are finally taking you seriously and offering you more appropriate care. It really shouldn't have got to this stage before they helped. I'm thinking of you & hoping & praying your gut instinct is right & your baby stays tucked away & healthy for a good few months yet :hugs:

Beautiful bumps everyone :thumbup:

& congrats on the latest gender reveals!! Can't believe the boys are still coming fast & strong!!

Great looking bump!

Does anyone take anything for heartburn? I've been having it really bad recently and the only thing I've tried is Tums and they don't really help that much.

bubbles, you look great! I am jealous of everyone's beautiful bump!

m2010.. I take omeprazole.. aka prilosec.. every day. I have for a long time and have continued. high risk ob said it was safe. You can also take zantac as well. Do you have either of those meds over there?

Oh dan-o hope everything is ok!!

I just got a call from the doctors and they said they want to repeat my ultrasound at my next appointment to make sure the baby's heart is ok. :/ apparently the pictures they got weren't clear.

Also, I have been feeling the baby a ridiculous amount. I'm talking like several times an hour. Is that ok?? When does it sleep???

Livvy hope all is OK. I have a fetal echo tomorrow bc of baby's heart. Hopefully nothing for both of us!

Babies can be super active! Probably sleeping when you are :)

Sorry I haven't fully caught up. Glad you are being seen properly now Dan-o xx

Congrats eveyone on your scans. Mines tomorrow xx

Medzi I'll be thinking about you! Keep us updated! Probably (hopefully) nothing but bad tests but scary for sure isn't it?

bubbles, you look great! I am jealous of everyone's beautiful bump!

m2010.. I take omeprazole.. aka prilosec.. every day. I have for a long time and have continued. high risk ob said it was safe. You can also take zantac as well. Do you have either of those meds over there?

thanks! I'm pretty sure we have them over here, will nip to the pharmacy in the morning and see if they've got anything.

babygirl, your bump looks great! xx

So I've started my baby registry because my SIL just told me they're throwing a shower for me when we go up to NY in three weeks. O.O Sooooooo yikes! I've had a hard time knowing where to start and all, but I think I'm slowly getting there... anyway I have a couple questions.

Mamas who have been through it all before, do you have short lists of things that you would consider essential to get? I also want to know the NICE things to have as well (wants) :D

And secondly, is it weird to register for a double stroller for your first baby?? I'm just trying to plan ahead!

I've been thinking about you baby dreams! For some reason I thought your scan was yesterday! Can't wait to hear what you're having!

Thanks Livvy.

You can get a stroller that you can add on to! Baby Jogger has a good one.

My must have list:
White noise machine
Muslin blankets
Car seat canopy
Breast feeding pillow (whether you bf or not! I was unable to but still found it super handy)
Lots and lots of swaddle blankets
Humidifier (depending on your climate - it is dry where I live)
Soft night light you can turn off and on like the Munchkin Owl or a twilight turtle (great for night feedings and diaper changes)
I also liked having a small basinette that I could easily move from our bedroom to the main room (depends on your style of home)
A mamaroo or baby swing
A bouncer chair
Sohpie the Giraffe or similar

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79