July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Hi all! I had my 20 week sono today and the tech confirmed I am having a girl. I am so excited!

Tasha- I was worried when I saw the femur length as I knew it was the first thing they picked up on with DS, bit shocked the head and other things are measuring small, it concerns me a bit but feel they aren't taking me seriously.. With my son it took me a while for people to take me seriously. Because I'm young I find they think I'm overreacting.

Medzi- hope your scan goes well tomorrow!

Lovely bumps ladies!!

Congrats on team pink lusterleaf!

I love a good list livvy! My list of musts are:

Blackout blind for window
Baby monitor
Moses basket
Muslin cloths
Baby sleeping bags
Little mat to lie on (& take to other peoples houses)
Cute little onesies (lots of!)
Jumperoo for when they're a bit older (6m ish I think!?)
Cot blocks (to tilt the whole cot/basket by it's feet at baby's "head end" helps bring up wind if their head is elevated - but you're not allowed to put anything in bed with them)
Bottles (if not bf)
Emergency stand-by dummy (just in case!!)

Nice things:
Feely books
Sling
Baby book to write in for baby
Vouchers for baby's first photo's. They don't stay tiny for long!!
Keepsake box

Useless items (IMO!)
Baby bath
Bibs (until baby sitting & weaning)
Cot mobiles & light shows (got dd all overexcited! Melody from monitor was much better)
0-3 mth toys. They're not interested - they want to look at people :)

& I agree with medzi - choose a buggy you can convert later. Having a full double is a nightmare to push around (apparently!).

Hi all! I had my 20 week sono today and the tech confirmed I am having a girl. I am so excited!

yay! Congratulations!! Xx

I second pretty much everything on the other list of must haves! Can't think of anything else that they haven't mentioned already :haha:

A convertible buggy sounds like a good idea if you're thinking ahead. I have no idea what pram to get... we got given one last time from my OH's friend (she'd bought it new then decided on a different one so hadn't even used it!) but we sold it a few years ago. I have no idea what brand is best :shrug: ... probably going to go to mothercare next weekend to have a glance around but I'm pretty clueless hahaha

Dan-o Thinking of you so pleased to hear they are taking you seriously now it all sounds like scary stuff but fingers crossed that this bleeding stops soon and baby carries on growing safe and strong in there.

Sammy- Glad to hear your scan went well but sorry to hear that baby is appearing small hopefully like Tasha says if the femur measurement is measuring small too it might just be that you carry small babies in general. My eldest son had a femur meeasuring below the centile but once I told them that my hubby was short (5ft and a peanut as he says) and my other babies were small they weren't as concerned. He came out my biggest at 7lb 14oz. I really hope its nothing to worry about but I would certainly try and push for a growth scan at 28 weeks and 4 weekly there on in.

Congratulations on your pink bump lusterleaf.

Good idea about posting lists. I was just thinking about this today and what we will need. I save our cotbed and baby monitors from my sons and have purchased a crib. But everything else we need to buy again (well apart from the odd bits of clothes I didn't get round to ebaying from ds2).

Loving everyones bump pics you all look fab!!

Has anyone got any tips on how to sort out dry lips? The tablets I take for my sickness cause my mouth to become really dry over night and its resulted in my lips becoming chapped and I have one great big split in it that has been there for months and refuses to heal. I've been using vaseline by the bucket load but that doesn't seem to help. Everytime I talk,eat or drink etc it splits open and its worse on a night as it splits when I'm sleeping and I wake every morning with dried up blood round my mouth :cry: x

Thanks babytots DD didn't have IUGR like my DS and she was born 7lb13oz so a decent weight, when I was carrying DD I had GD so he should have been a lot bigger according to midwives/doctors. I see my midwife on the 4th march so I'll explain my concerns and ask her then, doubt she'll agree tho.

We ordered our crib and it will be here on Friday! :) :)

aww yay! I loved buying furniture last time, so much fun!

We already have a lot of furniture for the nursery (it's only going to be tiny so we don't need much). I'd love to buy a new crib for this LO but we still have the one from our DS and OH won't let me buy a really pretty one as he says we can spend our money elsewhere. He's right but some of the other cribs are so much prettier than ours! :haha:

Hi ladies, hubby brought my charger in so I can get back online lol!

Lovely bumps ladies, I love how different they all are, might have to add my 'hospital bump'
:haha:

Babytots, yes I get the same problem! I discovered blistex relief cream, it's a miracle worker, sorts the cracked skin out within a day or two then keeps the chapped-ness at bay! Deffo give it a go, I reapply every time they feel dry again, amazing stuff!

Congratulations on team pink lusterleaf, and the fab scan!! :pink:

Medzi I good luck for tomorrow's ECG, hope it's perfect and baby has a good healthy trace.

Exciting purchases coming along! I don't really need to get much, as I have stacks of stuff from my two boys. I plan to nest by giving the house the once over instead! Well, hubby will be, while I supervise with my feet up lol.

AFM Things settled a bit here, no longer flooding the place, hoping I dont get too much blood loss over night. Would like to go home tomorrow (if it's safe for me to do so) Baby sounded great on the doppler just now and he has been jiggling about plenty <3

Congrats, lusterleaf!

babytots, sorry about the super dry lips. :( I was just goign to recommend chapstick, but if you're already using lots of vasaline, I doubt that would help. Sorry.

As for my must-haves list:
Diaper bag
Baby monitor (mine has a night light on it, so really a two-in-one there)
Receiving blankets (we use them for so much more than swaddling!)
Burp cloths (can never have too many, imo, but my babies were pretty drooly and spit up a lot)
Bibs (also for the drooling, which started around 3 months for both my guys)
Breastfeeding pillow (my husband often used it just to hold a baby on his lap)
Wash cloths (soft cotton ones, not just for bathing baby but for wiping messy faces and hands when they start to eat - we have like 20 of them and still don't have enough!)

I think it's okay to put diapers on your registry too. Some people like to buy them anyway, and if you put them on there then at least you'll get the brand you want.

ETA: dano-o, glad things are settling and baby is sounding good :)

dano-o, glad things are looking better! Hope everything continues to stay that way & fingers crossed that you get to go home tomorrow! xx

Wow, I've gotten so behind again. My weeks have been so busy lately and my body is feeling it. I was laid up most of the weekend just from exhaustion. Craziness.

Thanks, Medzi, for checking in. I'll post an update after I catch up with you ladies.

Sportysgirl, so much to say and not enough words. Tons of :hugs:!

Welcome to Mallory (congrats on that little bundle of sugar and spice) and to Emma (congrats also on the new little man in your life) and to Zephram!

Congrats to all the new members of team :blue:, cdex, emma, starlight, heaveneats, luvallmy, and babytots!

Congrats to the new team :pink: members: Mallory & lusterleaf

dan-o, I hope the bleeding slows and you get to go home tomorrow. If baby is looking great, will the subamniotic bleed affect it? It sounds like your baby is just fine and super strong despite it all!

keyval, I have BH contractions every now and then. Usually after the big O. This past time it came with extreme leg cramps and so DH and I are taking it easy.

My LO has been kicking/punching/stretching into my cervix and bladder. It is amazing how quickly one can jump up to go to the bathroom!

Livvy, the ticker is lovely. Thanks for working on that!

Tasha, do they think your placenta will migrate some more and hopefully uncover your cervix? I had PP early on with my DD, and mine moved. I hope the best for you.

Joy, :hugs: to you on your diagnosis. I'm glad they are able to monitor you and hope for a smooth delivery (even if it ends up being a scheduled early C).

jrepp: did they find you a pelvic belt? I'm sure you're uncomfortable and I hope you get one soon!

I think it is funny to notice when my baby is active most. I can already see a little schedule forming. I hope it sticks, because it seems like a pretty decent one :)

We didn't do too much for Valentine's Day. My parents offered to keep our other two overnight and so we went out to a nice dinner and then created a registry (hot date night right there ;) ) We did go home and enjoy being alone in the house ;) ;), but that came with the aforementioned leg cramps.

The scan yesterday went beautifully. Baby cooperated and the tech kept raving over how well behaved and easy :blue: he :blue: was. We even had time for 3d/4d since the measurements were a breeze. He looks just like my other son!

We got our first snow yesterday and so the whole day ended up being pretty fun. Woke up this morning and DH was able to feel him and then I called the kids in to feel as well.

I posted a gender reveal video on Facebook and would love to share it here if I could figure it out.

In the meantime, I'll add a few pictures and quit 'talking'.

Attachments

• 2015-02-16 10_31_00.jpg
    2015-02-16 10_31_00.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 6
  • profile.jpg
    profile.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 3
So I'm 18 weeks today and dying to find out bubs gender, I have a gut feeling of boy but keep having dreams of a girl.. confusing lol. Looks like July is being dominated by boys at the moment :)

Still not feeling movement unfortunately.

So I'm 18 weeks today and dying to find out bubs gender, I have a gut feeling of boy but keep having dreams of a girl.. confusing lol. Looks like July is being dominated by boys at the moment :)

Still not feeling movement unfortunately.

All of my dreams this time were girl and I'm getting a boy. Old Wives' Tale claims opposite of what you dream is what you are carrying. Good luck!

Yay Mamabee! Glad you got some confirmation. Those pictures are awesome! What a cutie!

I had a boy dream a few weeks so... we shall see!

Mama bee - I'm glad you're doing well! Congrats on team blue!! I go in for my high risk Ob appointment Thursday so I'll know if they got my belt in then, otherwise I'll order it online from Amazon and have it Saturday.

Oh and Ive got to share. I was taking my weekly bump pics but my nephew was watching and he needed me to take a picture of his baby in his belly. It was cute. The top pic is last weeks bump pic and my nephews bump and the bottom two are this weeks pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79