July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

BR, hope everything is ok. Sounds so scary. Thinking of you.

Livvy, hope you feel better soon. I'd pop into the Dr. if you can and you have someone to drive you.

Hope you're getting better Rose and Livvy.

BabyV I have another friend suffering bad pressure and they found a kidney stone. Hope you got your appointment sooner.

Good luck Tasha!

Lovely bump wishing!

Beaitfulrose - Praying for you and baby! That is so scary. :flower:

Livvy- Yes see if you can call your doctor or if someone can take you in. It does sound like low bp. Drink more fluids :)

Tasha- Good luck on your scan today! :hugs::flower:

Today my back is really aching and almost feels like its pulling towards the front. I think baby Hayden is going through a growth spurt. I am having what feels to be cramps, but I am hoping it is just growing pains.

Here is my 21 week bump!:cloud9:

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 10
I think my cramps are growing pains too.. I called the OB office but was on hold to long and gave up, decided to go to the gym and I feel great now! I will post my V-day bump pic tomorrow! Today I did 45 min workout on land and then my mom's 45 min water class, I'm wore out now lol Going to the store to get some healthier eating options! I went down a pound which makes me happy because I know about 3-4lbs off my current weight is from the terrible eating I was doing! I want to stay on my 30lb gain goal especially having a c-section meaning I wont be working out for 8 weeks!

BeautifulRose hope you feel better soon.

Livvy and Babyvaughn hope you get to see a dr to check you guys out.

How was the scan Tasha?

I went to my midwife appointment today and I'm left a bit unimpressed. NHS guidelines state that gestational hypertensive patients are monitored weekly but she didn't even seem to know it (I do but I always check before I go in). And she made a massive fuss over a tiny blood sugar in my urine (telling me I should be more careful in my diet) without checking that I had previously passed a fasting blood sugar test, 3 weeks ago! Anyways, I have a nurse appointment for next week as she is busy, see her the week after and then hopefully the hospital (as that's 28 weeks for bloods and tests). The receptionist booked me in every week to see now until week 33. I thought midwifes were supposed to be medically trained professionals? Also, i'm 25 weeks today and she didn't really want to measure me or listen to baby (although I know baby is good as moving well). Bah. Just a bit grumpy really. They really should know, not my place to tell them their job, but I will be at 27 weeks if this continues (I'm too stroppy for my own good!!). thanks for listening, phew!!

And booked in for whooping cough vaccine on week 28.

I've also lost 1.5kilos from the weight i put on earlier, is this ok? Anyone know if I should be worried about weight loss? I'm drinking the same, eating pretty much the same...could it just be fluctuations from water retention?

Not me k4th, does the hospital offer any?

Babygirl, it does sound like stretching/growing.

Babyvaughan did you get some yummy healthy food?

Timeforababy, it's okay to loose weight in pregnancy as long as you're not setting out to loose weight and you're eating healthily.

Thank you girls. It was an okay scan. Rudi has gone down on the centiles, not massively so, so not so much of a worry for right now. My placenta, the Doppler readings weren't great, every woman who has had the same reading as me at this gestation went on to have an IUGR baby. It is not the best news but it's okay for right now. I Have to see an anaesthetist to discuss plans for a c-section as that seems more likely now but it is complicated because of my high dose Clexane (in an emergency situation I would know to stop it). I'm actually okay with it all, baby has lots of fluid, it's not an IUGR baby atm and we know what the future potentially holds.

Will upload photos of my scan and bump tomorrow x

Tasha - glad you're feeling ok. What centile was rudi & where are you now? Sounds like you had a mixed bag of news really. Also sounds like there's some positives & rudi is doing ok in there. I hope your centile stays steady - when is your next scan? Hope they take extra good care of you now & keep a close eye on that growing baby! :hugs: :hugs:

As for the classes - the NHS one was rubbish with dd. I'm looking for something a bit more hands on with strategies to keep me calm. I'm not likely to be allowed an epidural or pethodine due to my high risk blood disorder. & that scares me.

I think my cramps are growing pains too.. I called the OB office but was on hold to long and gave up, decided to go to the gym and I feel great now! I will post my V-day bump pic tomorrow! Today I did 45 min workout on land and then my mom's 45 min water class, I'm wore out now lol Going to the store to get some healthier eating options! I went down a pound which makes me happy because I know about 3-4lbs off my current wait is from the terrible eating I was doing! I want to stay on my 30lb gain goal especially having a c-section meaning I wont be working out for 8 weeks!

What do you do in your Aqua class? I'm thinking of just doing some small low impact stuff in the water but don't really know what the classes are like.

How was the scan Tasha?

I went to my midwife appointment today and I'm left a bit unimpressed. NHS guidelines state that gestational hypertensive patients are monitored weekly but she didn't even seem to know it (I do but I always check before I go in). And she made a massive fuss over a tiny blood sugar in my urine (telling me I should be more careful in my diet) without checking that I had previously passed a fasting blood sugar test, 3 weeks ago! Anyways, I have a nurse appointment for next week as she is busy, see her the week after and then hopefully the hospital (as that's 28 weeks for bloods and tests). The receptionist booked me in every week to see now until week 33. I thought midwifes were supposed to be medically trained professionals? Also, i'm 25 weeks today and she didn't really want to measure me or listen to baby (although I know baby is good as moving well). Bah. Just a bit grumpy really. They really should know, not my place to tell them their job, but I will be at 27 weeks if this continues (I'm too stroppy for my own good!!). thanks for listening, phew!!

I've also lost 1.5kilos from the weight i put on earlier, is this ok? Anyone know if I should be worried about weight loss? I'm drinking the same, eating pretty much the same...could it just be fluctuations from water retention?

I'm sorry your docs aren't on the same page as you. I wouldn't worry too much about loosing a bit of weight but if it continues you may want to let someone know.

Not me k4th, does the hospital offer any?

Babygirl, it does sound like stretching/growing.

Babyvaughan did you get some yummy healthy food?

Timeforababy, it's okay to loose weight in pregnancy as long as you're not setting out to loose weight and you're eating healthily.

Thank you girls. It was an okay scan. Rudi has gone down on the centiles, not massively so, so not so much of a worry for right now. My placenta, the Doppler readings weren't great, every woman who has had the same reading as me at this gestation went on to have an IUGR baby. It is not the best news but it's okay for right now. I Have to see an anaesthetist to discuss plans for a c-section as that seems more likely now but it is complicated because of my high dose Clexane (in an emergency situation I would know to stop it). I'm actually okay with it all, baby has lots of fluid, it's not an IUGR baby atm and we know what the future potentially holds.

Will upload photos of my scan and bump tomorrow x

I'm praying for you and hoping that Rudi keeps right on track. What percentiles are you looking at?

Tasha - glad you're feeling ok. What centile was rudi & where are you now? Sounds like you had a mixed bag of news really. Also sounds like there's some positives & rudi is doing ok in there. I hope your centile stays steady - when is your next scan? Hope they take extra good care of you now & keep a close eye on that growing baby! :hugs: :hugs:

As for the classes - the NHS one was rubbish with dd. I'm looking for something a bit more hands on with strategies to keep me calm. I'm not likely to be allowed an epidural or pethodine due to my high risk blood disorder. & that scares me.

I can't have an epidurak due to my spina bifida. For the blood issue they are going to (supposidly&#128532;) have numerous uterotonics in the room waiting.

AFM: pelvic pain doc is getting to the bottom of my lack of a doctor issue. Apparently the attending should be stopping in each time I visit, but I have yet to see an attending. I finished my skirt for the baby showrt/gender reveal! I'm so excited. I also figured out a way to live stream my big reveal on Twitter. I would love to connect with more of you there! My username is @reppjess

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 8
BR, that is very scary! I hope everything is ok with you and baby. Please take it easy and keep us posted with any updates.

Livvy, I had the same thing happen to me several times a few weeks ago. It was only when I was laying down and the room would literally start spinning. It probably happened every day for about a week and then stopped. Not sure what caused it but it hasn't happened since. If it keeps happening then I would definitely get it checked out.

Has anyone started swelling up in their hands and/or feet? I have sausage fingers today and it is very uncomfortable. I thought this shouldn't happen until later in pregnancy???

Here's is my 25+2 week bump! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 9
BR, that is very scary! I hope everything is ok with you and baby. Please take it easy and keep us posted with any updates.

Livvy, I had the same thing happen to me several times a few weeks ago. It was only when I was laying down and the room would literally start spinning. It probably happened every day for about a week and then stopped. Not sure what caused it but it hasn't happened since. If it keeps happening then I would definitely get it checked out.

Has anyone started swelling up in their hands and/or feet? I have sausage fingers today and it is very uncomfortable. I thought this shouldn't happen until later in pregnancy???

Here's is my 25+2 week bump! :)

I have. My wedding rings haven't fit for a few weeks due to swelling and by the end of the day my ankles are about as thck as my thighs.

Tasha! I did :) I've eat a lot better this week and I'm so glad i was on this horrible pattern of eating everything sweet/junk food and I couldn't stop lol

Jrepp, It's not hard at all and I skip the parts for your abs. A lot of jogging in the water forward, backwards, hoping your legs to each side, and some of the moves at the same time you use these water arm bells and your punching in the water or bring them up and down from your sides. I stay in the shallow part so that its not hard on my body! Its crazy how it takes the weight off your body when you get out notice! If you Google water aerobics moves or even youtube you will probably find somethings to try out yourself! Its helped my back and I have more energy than before! On land I ride the workout bike, walk on the treadmill, and do arm/leg machines. I listen to my body so I dont over do anything.

Tasha-Sounds like mixed news. I'm glad all seems well for the most part. Hoping Rudi stays on track!

Joy-My feet and ankles have started swelling. My hands not so much. But DH is concerned and wants me to stay off of my feet as much as possible. I'm doing my best! My shoes still fit me so I think I'm good...for now. ;)

AFM, I'm worrying right now because I was craving soft serve frozen yogurt from a (reputable) yogurt chain around here (Sweet CeCe's). I've had their yogurt this pregnancy before and been fine, but when I went today, the yogurt seemed a little melty and came out of the machine fast. The machines and the store are very clean, and the machines seem to have an auto-clean that cleans during the day and night, so I guess I shouldn't worry too much, but I am because the yogurt seemed a little too soft and melty. I then consulted Dr. Google, which is always a bad idea, about listeria, and I don't want my baby to die :(. But on the other side of that coin, no website, not even the American Pregnancy Association or any of the pamphlets my Dr. gave me at the beginning of the pregnancy, said anything about not eating fro-yo or soft serve. Am I just letting my anxiety run away with me? I think I'm going to mention it to my Dr. tomorrow at my gestational diabetes test appointment...which honestly, the whole reason I had frozen yogurt tonight was because I suspect I have GD, so I wanted to go out with a bang...ha.

How was the scan Tasha?

Make a fuss if your not happy, they can get a bit lax sometimes. They can give you all sorts of pills to keep it in check and keep the placenta healthy. You can have scans and additional blood pressure/pee checks. I didn't and kinda wish I had. I only had routine appointments every 2-3 weeks, even though I had elevated BP. In fact they couldn't see me between 36w and 40+3 as they were too busy. My BP was about 150/95 at 36w unmedicated, which had turned into late onset PE by the time they eventually saw me at 40w. It was over the 160/100 mark by then, I was swollen and had visuals, reduced movements. I was admitted on the spot, medicated and induced immediately. My son was born 7lbs, which sounds ok, but he had a skinny 5lb body and a 9lb head. The placenta was breaking down (I had a good look at at as I am very familiar with placentas!) To be honest I think we got away with it. I would have been much better off being induced at 38w

With my second I was consultnant led and they paid more attention to me. I had routine appts as if it was my first baby and was put on aspirin. If I moaned tho, they got me in for a BP and toco monitoring right away. I had normal blood pressure with him tho, so inwas happy to go 2-3 weeks between appts (and got a home BP monitor) I deilivered him at 38w anyway (37 by my dates) and his head and body were more or less on the same centile. He was 7lb 5oz, healthy placenta.

Tasha, sorry it wasn't 100% reassuring news, but it sounds like he's still doing superbly!! :cloud9: I presume they will just take him out if any signs of starting to stall with his growth? How long do you go between growth scans now?

Ps. Just realised I wrote 'he' :haha: I do think you are having a boy tho!;)

K4th, The nhs one for my oldest (so eleven years ago) was rubbish too, thought it might have come on a bit since then. I've heard good things about Daisy parent classes. Loads love the NCT too.

Discounting my scan two weeks ago (it was so rushed and I was sure she over measured and my consultant agrees), in four weeks baby has gone from 50th to 35th, so not drastic at all but a downward trend that needs to be kept a close eye on. The 8th is my next NHS scan, being seen weekly now though.

Love your skirt jrepp <3

Joy I noticed the fat fingers yesterday too.

Babyvaughan, sugar is definitely addictive and hard to break the cycle. If you 'need' sugar though, just choose natural like fruit over rubbish.

Bubbles, it's such a rare thing to get and unlikely to happen. IM sure you are fine. :hugs: though, it's such a worrying time is pregnancy.

:haha: dano, about 50% of my bnb and sands girls think girl and the other half think boy. Most said girl looking at yesterday's photo. I love all the guessing though it's exciting. Yes they will take Rudi out if/when things get worse, which is why we are sorting c-section plans. It's just a balancing act of getting as far as possible as each day's important but not pushing too far. We shall see. Has the bleeding still stopped?

Scan pic from yesterday,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 10
Lovely scan tasha - I'm going :pink: 35th centile is still within the norm isn't it? - hope baby stays on that growth line for a good while!!

I've found a daisy birth class nearby. Might consider that - it's just the only info I can find is their own adverts - rather than peoples experiences. Hmmmm....

In other news - had a really good physio appointment yesterday. Got some really good tips - apparently the two worst things you can do with pelvic girdle pain are sitting on the sofa & pushing a supermarket trolley!! Was given a huge tubigrip style bandage to wear under bust, down over bump and then double fold over hips - it's giving so much support. Heaven!! Although not all that sexy :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->