July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Oh sammy. Really glad you went to get checked out - you're in the best place & it sounds like you're being monitored closely. Thinking of you & your baby and sending positive thoughts your way hun x

Sammy :hugs: I'm glad you're being monitored so close. Praying everything goes OK!!

Sammy, so sorry to hear this...thinking of you two. I'm glad they are taking such good care of you. :hugs:

I have a question that has been on my mind but I always forget to bring it up with the dr. Has anyone made a plan on birth control yet? I dont want my tubes tied but I will be breastfeeding so I dont wanna take anything that could mess with my milk flow. Im so lost. With DD I never got AF until after I stopped BF'ing but I know thats really risky and I dont want any surprises lol

Thanks ladies we've been sent home for now as they feel its a waiting game and they're not communicating well with other staff so things aren't getting passed on..I've got to go back in 4 hours for my second steroid shot and probably another trace, a bit concerned as little man hasnt been his usual wriggling self and they've now moved my scan to Tuesday so we're still in the dark but any concerns or worries I'm to go straight in.

I don't feel completely happy with this but all everyone has said is " we don't know much about a baby at 26 weeks guestation" :( I hate the uncertainty the not knowing a heart isn't something you take light heartedly and the morning doctors didn't seen atall fussed when last night the top lead consultant was doing her nut. I just dont get it :(

Sammynashley - I am praying for you and your little one. I hope that everything is ok and you don't need to go in again. Please keep us updated.

Rose - I'm not doing any birth control following Luke. It took 19 months, 3 losses and surgery just to get him in there, I'm willing to take the chances of getting pregnant right away. We won't be actively trying but what happens will happen.

:hugs: sammy, ask if you can have ctg trace every other day between now and scan day.

Rose, I'm not sure. This is our last baby what ever happens but permanent contraception seems scary. There are safe contraceptive pills though, ones that contain only progestin rather than combined are ideal as they don't affect milk supply x

I have a question that has been on my mind but I always forget to bring it up with the dr. Has anyone made a plan on birth control yet? I dont want my tubes tied but I will be breastfeeding so I dont wanna take anything that could mess with my milk flow. Im so lost. With DD I never got AF until after I stopped BF'ing but I know thats really risky and I dont want any surprises lol

I'll probably go on the progesterone only mini-pill. It's safe to use while breastfeeding, and I don't want an IUD or anything permanent since we might extend our family later on.

We'll probably just use condoms for a while though before anything is decided.

Oh Sammy - praying for you and your little one. I'm so glad they are watching you closely but i cant imagine what you are going through.

Sammy, so sorry to hear what you're going through. And don't worry, all doctors see things differently (that's why sometimes it's good to get a second opinion!). Also, perhaps he was worried but didn't want to worry you more by sounding more concerned than necessary (if you see what I mean?).

I hope it all works out and go back to your unit as much as you need to.

Rose - no idea but we're not stressing about it. This baby took 4 years of unprotected sex (but only 1 +ve test) so he thinks we're ok for a bit. :D

Tasha - awwww..adorably kids! and yay! another scan.

Hope everyone else is ok, sorry if I've missed anyone.
The midwife is busy tomorrow so it's the nurse, fingers crossed for another week of clean urine sample (I'm just counting the days, it's not nice to have the prospect of pre-eclampsia hanging over me :( Correlation between how early they detect hypertension to relative risk of developing pre-eclampsia. )

Big hugs, Sammy! I hope everything turns out fine. :hugs:

It took us 4 years of no protection, 3 of those years actively trying, and a surgery to get pregnant. I always said I will be greatful and fulfilled to have one baby and I still feel that way. I'm not sure I want to put my body through pregnancy twice given my health problem etc. Currently our plan is one child, two if we change our mind but not for another 3 years. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for birth control. I'm thinking about getting an IUD the hormone free one called paragaurd but I just don't know about having it done because I get such bad scar tissue I'm afraid it'd have to surgically be removed. I'm going to talk to my doctors, I know condoms won't work lol

Hi ladies thought I'd update again, I had my last steroid shot. So baby should be helped should they feel they need that he needs to come out in the next few weeks. They wouldn't trace me tonight just listened with Doppler and sent me on my way.

The midwife explained although they are concerned, they will be more concerned if it's still happening at 28 weeks or if something shows up on my scan Tuesday afternoon. They just told me if I feel atall concerned then I'm to go straight in and advised me to speak to my midwife tomorrow.

Rose. .. I was thinking to same thing. Not sure what's "safe" while breastfeeding. Don't want anything permanent. OH and I haven't talked....lol, I want to get thru #1 first before I approach #2.

here is my bump pic for this week. Ignore the fact I'm in my swimming suit, my nephew and I were playing in the hose. The ones on the left are week 21, the right is week 22 (technically week 23 but I take bump pics at the end of the week rather than the beginning of the week)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=856361&d=1427841634

Sammy- Hang in there, so scary but your doing everything you can and taking the precautions. I'm glad you got the shots and I hope everything works out to be okay and you can continue your pregnancy as normal. We are all here for you!! &#9829;

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->