July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

that would explain quite a bit... if you're 3 weeks ahead are they goign to change your due date??

that would explain quite a bit... if you're 3 weeks ahead are they goign to change your due date??

Nope my dates are deffo right so I guess it's just a big baby ha. IL be sectioned though of they think it's over 8lbs because I had trouble giving birth to my daughter who was 8lbs exactly. But they said if she's stays growing at same rate they said she will prob be able 9lbs something :)

hmm... my oldest was 8 lbs 1 oz, my second was 8 lbs 4.4 oz but i did measure correctly on date though. how will they determine if you are going to do a csection or not? since i know that ultrasounds to measure weight can be off as much as ~2 lbs.

hmm... my oldest was 8 lbs 1 oz, my second was 8 lbs 4.4 oz but i did measure correctly on date though. how will they determine if you are going to do a csection or not? since i know that ultrasounds to measure weight can be off as much as ~2 lbs.
By ultrasound. Yeah I know they can be way off because TBH I was told my first was gonna be over 9lbs and she was 8lbs . I'm hoping for a section Though anyway TBH my last labour was pretty bad and my daughter got very distressed. Was verging on a section. Ended up doing an episiotomy and using forceps and I ended up with a third degree tear. Putting aside the tear I have always just felt very lucky with the outcome as she was very distressed . I'd rather have a section scheduled then ending up with an emergency. Il just have to see though.

Wow Keyval you're all bump! Bet you're pretty uncomfortable already!

So excited first doctor appoint/scan my fiance gets to attend since the private scan at 16weeks, at 14 wks for doc appt! He was really bummed wishing he could be to all of them so I changed the time and he requested to leave work early! He gets to come to my appointment & scan tomorrow so excited he's going to be shocked by everything baby does :)

Has anyone has extremely low platelets during pregnancy?
Mine have dropped since my last blood test from 135/ml to 53/ml, have had another blood test done today and will be seeing doctor to discuss results tomorrow.

What am I looking at in the way of complications/treatment if anyone knows?

Lumi they are watching my platelets right now too. If they drop too low in my case it means a transfusion and extra platelets.

Thanks Jrepp, do you know what your level is currently?

Congratulations to everyone who has hit the 30 week mark. I am 3rd tri as of yesterday (and look it). So many people here seem to be having routine tests for everything and I feel a bit left out! Aside from a blood test around week 8, the cell-free DNA test, the GTT coming up this week, and blood pressure monitoring, I haven't really been tested for anything. Is this weird? I haven't had any symptoms of UTIs or anything like that, but at the same time, sounds like others don't either but are still getting tested for stuff. Perhaps things are just done differently here (Australia)?

I've not updated for a while! My hospital called me in for a last minute growth scan last week as it needed to be done before the next cardiac scan tomorrow. Fortunately, baby has normal growth!

I am nervous about the scan tomorrow, I'm hoping that the baby's Aorta looks fine.

This morning I have a red rash all over my bump and its a little itchy? Has anyone else had this? Or know what it could be?

Lumi - I have itp (low platelets) all the time. In fact - mine have gone up in pregnancy to between 50-80. They are usually around 30 with no symptoms.

Do you have symptoms?? Ie bruising or bleeding actively?

I am not currently on any treatment and have a blood test every other week to check my platelet count. The plan is to start steroids if I drop below 30 at the minute as this should raise the count & doesn't have huge implications for baby at this point. If that fails, I would be given ivig intravenously. Steroids need to be taken daily to keep up any positive effect, ivig lasts approx 3 weeks on average. However, the first infusion of ivig is usually slow in case of allergic reaction, my first infusion was over 5 days :dohh:

Jrepp - I have had platelet transfusions and they have lasted little over 18 hours. They are great for emergency use (for example low counts & bleeding in birth) but shouldn't really be used as "treatment". There is a theory that a huge influx of platelet just raises your immune response & you destroy platelets even faster than you were. Might be worth discussing with your dr whether they mean to raise counts with it or just as an emergency treatment :shrug:

Recent research suggests a vaginal birth with counts over 50 should be just fine - below 50 you need a treatment to raise counts before birth. If you want an epidural, counts need to be over 80 for most anesthetists to agree to it.

If you have any questions feel free to ask - I was diagnosed in 2012 & have lived with it for two and a half years. It's not as scary as it first seems :hugs:

Congratulations to everyone who has hit the 30 week mark. I am 3rd tri as of yesterday (and look it). So many people here seem to be having routine tests for everything and I feel a bit left out! Aside from a blood test around week 8, the cell-free DNA test, the GTT coming up this week, and blood pressure monitoring, I haven't really been tested for anything. Is this weird? I haven't had any symptoms of UTIs or anything like that, but at the same time, sounds like others don't either but are still getting tested for stuff. Perhaps things are just done differently here (Australia)?

not really that weird at all... i haven't had much testing at ALL either... only had two ultrasound (one at 6 1/2 weeks and one at 20 weeks for the anatomy scan) then just routine checkups like fundal heights, heartbeat, pee tests, etc. only tests i've had was the blood tests to check for chromosomal issues like trinomy 21, downs syndrome, etc and the GTT test coming up that's all I've had done. I think generally if you're healthy and have no other underlying issues or symptoms of problems, they usually leave you alone.

I've not updated for a while! My hospital called me in for a last minute growth scan last week as it needed to be done before the next cardiac scan tomorrow. Fortunately, baby has normal growth!

I am nervous about the scan tomorrow, I'm hoping that the baby's Aorta looks fine.

This morning I have a red rash all over my bump and its a little itchy? Has anyone else had this? Or know what it could be?

itchy bump is normal... skin is stretching. if there's no small bumps from the rash then i would just think mild skin irritating from stretching which is causing the rash. or dry skin. try shea butter or baby oil to rub onto your bump and hopefully it will help.

Raquel- I also don't have all this stuff.. haven't had any blood or anythjng done since my nt scan. Have my gtt coming up and other than that nothing... haven't even met with my ob yet! I know there are quite a few mammas in here who are high risk so that might be why it seems they are reciev8ng more tests and checks- cause they are.. or they do things differently here too! (I'm in canada)

I get some itchy bumps on my bump too, LIB. Not a lot but they are there. It's normal, don't worry! They have something written about it in my What To Expect book. Just from stretching skin I think.

29 weeks today! Here's the bump! :D

Attachments

• photo (23).jpg
    photo (23).jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 11
Raquel....so hard to tell! I feel my Dr likes to use everything at her disposal, or at least give me the option. I'm labeled high risk...so I know I have a few more options available to me.

Between my Dr and my high risk dr, I think they are test happy....lol. But they are the experts so I just follow along...as long as its just peeing in a cup or bloodwork.

In the end...seems like each dr is different and each insurance is different. Not sure theres a standard, except for things that must be done at a certain week...like the NT scan.

Fear not! Enjoy not being poked or sitting in a waiting room!

Raquel - I believe it is related to the high risk pregnancies- or if something shows up like for me I am getting another ultrasound as my placenta was low during my 20 week scan. But typically they just monitor B/P, urine, fundal height, baby's heart rate, and check blood several times - more if necessary.

This baby is soo active! He is pushing on my ribs and it is already uncomfortable! Anyone else's baby pretty active?

Thanks Jrepp, do you know what your level is currently?

I have no idea lol. I think currently somewhere in the 280 range, but they never called me to tell me. I just know that they will take more blood prior to birth and make sure levels are ok and have both blood and platelets on ha and if I bleed too much

I don't get tested for much either. Up until 21 weeks they checked my weight, bp and baby's heart rate and that was it. Now they do that stuff and use a tape measure to measure fundal height. The only other test I had was the gd test 2 weeks ago. I am high risk so I would have expected more but seem to have less than a lot of others. I guess it all depends on how your pregnancy is progressing and the doc

Lumi - I have itp (low platelets) all the time. In fact - mine have gone up in pregnancy to between 50-80. They are usually around 30 with no symptoms.

Do you have symptoms?? Ie bruising or bleeding actively?

I am not currently on any treatment and have a blood test every other week to check my platelet count. The plan is to start steroids if I drop below 30 at the minute as this should raise the count & doesn't have huge implications for baby at this point. If that fails, I would be given ivig intravenously. Steroids need to be taken daily to keep up any positive effect, ivig lasts approx 3 weeks on average. However, the first infusion of ivig is usually slow in case of allergic reaction, my first infusion was over 5 days :dohh:

Jrepp - I have had platelet transfusions and they have lasted little over 18 hours. They are great for emergency use (for example low counts & bleeding in birth) but shouldn't really be used as "treatment". There is a theory that a huge influx of platelet just raises your immune response & you destroy platelets even faster than you were. Might be worth discussing with your dr whether they mean to raise counts with it or just as an emergency treatment :shrug:

Recent research suggests a vaginal birth with counts over 50 should be just fine - below 50 you need a treatment to raise counts before birth. If you want an epidural, counts need to be over 80 for most anesthetists to agree to it.

If you have any questions feel free to ask - I was diagnosed in 2012 & have lived with it for two and a half years. It's not as scary as it first seems :hugs:

All I know for me is only in an emergency situation will I get treated. I don't have a different protocol as I don't have a problem with the quantity of platelets but with how they work.

I have had red itchy bumps for awhile, no clue what they are but docs didn't seem concerned.

Lovely bump bubbles!

Babygirl- my little man is very active especially when I want to sleep! My belly moves all over the place. I'm so going to miss this when the next 9weeks are up :(

Afm- I'm having the joys of leaking again so embarrassed incase I have a "splurge" and wake up with a wet top. Also had so many tightenings today I feel so uncomfy with them. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->