July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Good morning ladies!

Tonya, I am thinking of you today. I hope all goes well. It's so exciting!

How far are you ladies with preparation? Did you got everything all ready?

I had my 30 weeks scan yesterday. Everything is fine. All measurement are right on spot. They put her weight around 1681 gram (3,7 lbs?). She is still head down so I hope she is staying like this.
Unfortunately, she is so down that the midwife could not see where the placenta ends. It starts at top of my belly and covers the whole front. Because they couldn't see if it moved away enough from the cervix, I have to go back in two week and they will perform a vaginal scan to see exactly what is the situation.

Attachments

• Scan0002.jpg
    Scan0002.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 4
Oh and one of you asked our name (sorry I cannot recall who was it, my memory is terrible in the last couple of weeks).

It looks like out daughter will be named Kathryn Scout Irene Maria.

We both really like Kathryn and Scout as well, and I know my DH loves Scout (as replacement of Scott for a girl).
We already agreed to give her the name of my mum (Maria) and my granny who passed away in the last autumn (Irene).
And as we could not decide between Kathryn and Scout so we go with both.

Awwww what a sweet name Khatif!! :cloud9:

Prep wise.. I've done almost nothing, lol. I have a few clothes and such but baby will be rooming with me Co sleeping for awhile. I'm also moving in 4-5 months so not much point in me setting up too much. But overall, I'm just winging it :haha:

Same here hollyw.....moving in Nov so not buying "furniture" or anything like that. Plus I don't have the room in this tiny apt for it.

Cute name khatif! Sorry you have to go back for extra scan!

I've washed baby clothes and put them away, packed hospital bag, and will be setting up the basinet soon...still have lots to do (get car seat base in car, wash pump and any bottles, pull out baby bath). We really have everything we need since Nate was born so just a matter of getting things out if storage! So it is getting there...

Pretty names, Khatif!

I've washed the baby clothes that we have so far, and I have a little rocking chair in her room (it's a renovated one that my grandma got me when I was a baby; my brother's fiance' fixed it up and painted it and put a little cushion on it :) ), but other than that, nothing really. Stuck a couple of things in my hospital bag, but I'm still not sure what all to pack so I'm procrastinating on that. The shower is 8 days away and I'm expecting some more clothes and some furniture from there so that's when more of the major set-up will happen.

AFM, feeling much better today. Slept better (I guess cause I needed it) and am ready to exercise again today. Also, Dr. appt this afternoon. Not expecting much to happen there. Gonna ask her some questions though.

I have the diaper bag pack, and bottles put away but that's it I was planning to get everything done between 33-35wks! I feel like times going to go by so fast! Only 48 days til I have him that is crazy!!

I still have to wash her diapers and clothes. :dohh: I guess I'm not in too much of a hurry because I know if she were to be born now she would require a NICU stay. I plan to have everything done by 36 weeks though.

:D We do have her bassinet put up in the down stairs living room for when I'm down there and she's napping. All of my babies have hated swings, so we didn't buy one this time. She's going to co-sleep with us, so that's taken care of.

No bottles here because I'll be exclusively breastfeeding. I also don't need to pack any hospital bags since I am having a home birth (if for some reason we need to transfer, my husband will throw something together). :)

Other than that, I just need to wash and organize the stuff in my closet, and get the few items remaining on my home birth supply list.

I'm the total opposite. I have just about everything done at this point. Crib is up in our former dining room (only space for it in our one bed apartment), pack n play with bassinet is up in the bedroom, clothes/blankets/sheets are washed and put away, swing put together, baby's hospital bag is packed, all bath stuff is in the bathroom ready to go, bottles put away (not washed yet because he won't be using them for a few weeks after delivery)..... The only things we have left to do are get a few more baby items when the registry completion coupon comes in the mail, finish packing my hospital bag and order the breast pump from insurance.

I'm the same Jrepp I have everything ready. With DD I had absolutely nothing prepared so this time everything was done super early. I still need a rocking chair but it's not a NEED NEED so I'm not too worried.

I'm impressed with you all! I have done nothing. I mean to be fair the room is already done from ds. But i have nothing cleaned and organized. No bag packed, nothing at all.. I feel like it's still so far away

Khatif - great name!!! :thumbup: I'm a Katherine too (different spelling but still great!) :winkwink: Sorry they don't know about the placenta yet & you need to go back.

I'm very impressed with you ladies who are all ready (jrepp & rose!!!). I got super excited at about 25 weeks and did loads & then I've not done very much at all since :dohh: But because it's our second, we don't need to buy much, just dig it all out again.

Don't know if anyone remembers my trouble at work with interviewing for our own jobs, but thought I'd update so say I've been advised to take may leave early to avoid it. Mostly because I'm high risk & they don't want me to sue them if anything happens I think. I feel much better, but feel awful for my friends who have one less job to go for :(

So K4th are you getting to keep your job?

Yes. At my current salary. There are 22 of us & 15 jobs. People who are unsuccessful will be downgraded & paid much less in the alternative jobs.

Had my scan today - Have some good/bad news :(

Good news - The placenta has moved up and is fine, baby is 3 lbs 12 oz and right on track to be another 8 pounder! Heart rate is good at 149 BPM , and he is head down , so I couldn't get a facial pic :(

Bad news - They found that the right ventricular outflow tract "might be" larger than the aorta in the heart. They couldn't say for sure, due to the baby's position and he wouldn't move, so it was difficult to get an accurate view. She thinks its most likely due to his position, but to be cautious, she referred me to a genetic counselor. She said its not an emergency and to just relax and take my vacation, but I am so upset .. I just want to have a healthy normal baby, and I feel like every ultrasound I have had, they find something and then it resolves itself. I am praying this does too, and hoping it was just because he was in a position that made it hard to get a good view. She said I am not having a fetal echo, so that makes me think that it might not be that serious.. Idk just upset now.

So sorry babygirl. It must be so worrying - hope you are right and baby is just in an odd position. Really good to hear everything else is good. Will keep everything crossed for you :hugs:

Sorry for the news baby girl. I feel you... Every scan we've had I've had something to stress about but resolves too (including a heart issue as well where I had 2 echos). Currently it is an issue with the left kidney they told me not to stress about. But how do you not?! Hope all turns out OK! I'm sure it was a weird position and agree, if it were more serious I think you'd be getting sent for further investigation <3

Thank you all :)

Medzi - What did they think was wrong with the heart? I am just curious- and it is fine now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->