July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Good news about your job, k4th!

Babygirl, I'm sorry to hear...hopefully everything is ok! You should definitely still try to enjoy your vacation. It will be good for you to relax. :)

AFM, so at the Dr. today, everything checked out great. Only gained 1lb again (thankfully!) so my weight gain has really slowed down finally. Fundal height is still a couple cms ahead at 34 cms, but she says that's still in the normal range so no worries, and heart rate is in the 140s (I noticed she had to go down low to find the heart rate...I think she's head down!). All good. Only thing is when I brought up my frequent Braxton Hicks, she said if that happens again, I need to come in or, if it's after hours or the weekend, go to the hospital. She isn't worried now because it's stopped, but in the future, she wants to see me or have the hospital see me just in case it's preterm labor. I didn't think it would be a huge deal, honestly, but she says that preterm labor can feel different from term labor, so they want to keep an eye on me if it happens again. In the meantime, she says it's fine for me to keep exercising and stuff, just to make sure I stay hydrated and rest when I need to or if the contractions start again.

Also, after my next appt, I will start my weekly appts and they will be checking my cervix. Wow, not much longer now until labor watch! :happydance:

Babygirl, the aorta was enlarged which they said could have meant a valve issue, or an issue with weak tendons, or a genetic disorder. After a few echos they felt things were in the normal range but that Puffin will need to have another echo after he/she is born.

Thanks ladies, for you kind words!

Some of you are really well prepared already. I am impressed.

I am like half prepared. We have the furniture and I have ordered the bathtub today. We have most of the clothes, but I still have to buy some more. Got all the sheets and blankets sorted, also all my diapers are here, still have to buy some disposable though. I am missing the bottles and some smaller items.
We have our Quinny from Akos (my son) but we bought a Maxi-cosi (which I am totally love with) and I cannot find the adapter. So we have almost everything.

But nothing is washes or at its place. I am almost done with painting the changing table. If that task is completed I can start washing and putting everything away. Although I am not sure if I have enough space for all the tiny clothes :)

Babygirl- sorry to hear about you scan, hopefully everything's ok at your next appt.

K4th- good news on your job.

Bubbles- weekly appointments sound exciting! Not sure if I'll even have those.

Afm- I woke up in the night last night with severe back pains I could barely walk and there was a heavy and painful pressure down there. By the time I'd hobbled to the toilet the pain was so bad I expected the baby to come out! It lasted about 3hours not sure what it was but I've been left very uncomfortable and my previous csection scar is so sore and pressured I'm not really sure what to do??

Also did a bit of baby shopping today, bought little man some cute outfits :) and a cute chunky knit cardigan for the chilly weather. We've got so much newborn stuff from DS and from things family member have brought but not 0-3 so get to stock up on that a little. :)

I am sorry Babygirl. It must be indeed worrying - hope you are right and baby is just in an odd position.
Try to enjoy your holiday, if you can.
I never understand how can they advise a pregnant woman not to worry about the baby especially after they "find" something.

Thank you all, Khatif- I agree , it is super hard not to worry about your unborn child and his health. But its out of my hands and in the Lords. I will be praying every day.

They also said my Amniotic fluid level was in the normal range but on the lower end. So I am going to be drinking more fluid. I am usually pretty good about drinking water, but I have been not doing AS well the last week.

Medzi- I can imagine u are stressed as well. I will be praying for you as well.

30 weeks today :)

Dan-o My genetic counseling appointment is Friday May 29th in the morning.

Tonya - Thinking so much about you !! I can't wait to hear how things went.

Bubbles I've been having weekly appointments too :)

Ok, since Mondays appt when I was told about my short cervix...I've been hyper sensitive to movement. Today I swear little one is kicking my pelvic bone....albeit he's head first. I'm trying to consider it normal...but I can't help but worry. I'm my own worst enemy mentally! He's definitely more active...but I'm so paranoid.

Anyone have any advice on how to calm down? Lol

What a long day! I waited for my 12pm time, but was told they had so many emergencies and they moved me to 5, then at about 3pm the doctor came in and took me that they had so many preemies born the NICU was FULL!!!

They gave me the option to be transferred to another hospital or to wait until tomorrow morning. I decided to wait.
In the meantime they are assessing babies and sending them to level 2 NICU's to make room for my babies in the morning.

Wow that's crazy! I think I would go crazy! Hope you had a comfy spot to wait in! Ok...until tomorrow then!

Goodness that is a long hard day... So much anticipation! Hope you get a good sleep and get your babies tomorrow!! Been thinking of you lots!!

I forgot to tell you ladies that yesterday at my appointment they did check my cervix and I'm 2cms, was previously 1cm since 25 weeks. Dr said my cervix is still thick and I can sit at 2cm for weeks. Or I could go into labor at anytime. So now every little gas pain has me grabbing my hospital bag lol. I hope to keep little guy in or at LEAST another week if not longer so I have put myself on complete bedrest. Easier said than done with a 3yo but I'm making it work so far. Ahhhhhh reality is setting in that I'm having a baby soon. Dr also said they won't check my cervix again unless I make it to 39 weeks as to not cause infection or start labor

Good luck Tonya! Praying for a good day tomorrow!

BeautifulRose, that's crazy to think you could be going into labor soon. Hang in there!

Ah, Tonya, that must be a very long day for you to wait. I am thinking of you today. I hope you could get some rest and today you will meet your babies.

BeautifulRose, what an update! I hope your baby can wait 3 more weeks before he wants to be born! I can imagine that you are ready to run when you feel any kind of pain!

Still waiting, doctor said hopefully around 3ish!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->