July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

My baby is transverse also. I have also been having a ton of contractions. My dr thinks ECV would be successful for me if he does not turn because I have had so many babies already. This is my first transverse believe it or not. It seems crazy so many of us here are in the same boat. I have read a bunch on it and there are many varying opinions about when a baby can still go head down. I hope everyone's babies cooperate!

Lucy-I'm sorry to hear about your appt. Seems like they wouldn't do such a risky procedure when there are safer ones available...

Jrepp and Luv-I'm sorry to hear about your transverse babes. Hopefully they will turn, but if not, I hope they get out safely. <3

AFM, had my 34 week appt today. Dr. said baby is head down. She is at a slight angle, as I suspected, so I guess that makes her oblique, though the Dr. didn't use that word. Seems easy enough to get her to be where she needs to be though when the time comes, so I am not worried. She is also facing my back, another good sign. Her heart was very strong and at 140, her usual rate. At my 36 week appt, I am doing the GBS test, and then having weekly appts thereafter for cervix checks and all that fun stuff.

Other than that, I've been doing a lot of work for my online job. I should get paid for the first time this week! Woohoo! :D

Today I saw my regular Dr. and she was so sweet she had her reception call the neurogist to get me in asap,as they normally have at least a 3 month wait. They got me in for tomorrow morning to discuss my RLS and poor blood circulation not much I can do since being pregnant but at least I will have relief for after he is here when it occurs. My pulse was high today (107) she was concerned. I will be if its raised at my appts over the next two days but for now I'm not stressing, she told me make sure I don't have any caffine which I hadn't but I will avoid it just to be safe!

We opened up the car seat box :D I love it, not putting it in car until til he's on his way but looking at it really makes it feel so much more real! I'm have lots of first time mommy worries and questions popping up in my head, hopefully I have a great set of nurses when I have him because I will be asking a lot of questions lol. My fiance is so calm and just ready to meet his son I wish I was as calm lol.

Thanks for all the support ladies! I'm nervous for my appointment tomorrow :(

Cdex great news! Yay!!

Oh want to reply to more but I hear my little guy crying...

:hugs: Lucy do you have someone who could be an advocate for you. If you're like me then you know what you want but you get flustered when put on the spot. OH, mum, a good friend, any of them would be great if they will push for what you want/need.

Hugs to the girls with transverse baby.

Livvy you should always get seen if baby is not moving as much. Baby's movements shouldn't get less just change from big kicks to rolls and nudges but as often as they were.

J, glad you had a good vacation.

Medzi good luck sweetie.

Scan day for me.

How are you ladies doing for leg cramps? I've been getting them so bad overnight, that I've pulled both my calves and inner thigh. I already eat at least one Banana a day and other potassium/mangensium rich foods, so I thought I'd try a small glass of tonic water before bed. Conflicting advice on it really. I found it repulsive (and I do enjoy it sometimes when not pregnant!) It did work though, last night I only had very minimal cramps.

I am gettin leg cramps regulary lately. Almost every night. I didn't know that banan is good for this, but thanks for the tip.

Argh such an upsetting scan and clinic appointment. Everything looks fine growth wise except she's still breech with a hyperextended head (star gazing). We waited a long time to be seen by a Dr who while discussing things with me said the most likely course of action would be an ECV!

She hadn't even finished the sentence when I said absolutely not double checked the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists guidance when I got home to make sure I was right and they say that an ECV should not be performed if the womb is an abnormal shape.

She went away to check with the consultant leading the clinic and came back to say it was riskier but they would still do it WTF

I'm so upset that they even recommended it

This was then followed by info on vaginal breech delivery - I questioned her hyperextended head and she went 'Oh yes, well, that is dangerous too if you CHOSE vaginal delivery'

I'm in so much pain from babes position and SPD but she didn't seem bothered. Didn't seem bothered about my bloody show last Tuesday and the fact I'm still losing plug.

All I got was 'come back for a scan in 3 weeks and if you CHOOSE a c section it will be 39/40 weeks'

I'm literally horrified and now I'm feeling very very nervous about what will happen if I go into pre-term labour.

I am sorry that you got bad news and the woman was so rude. You have to be very hard with them and stand up for yourself. You know what you want and what is good for you both. Don't let them push you into something what you dont want.
But there is no chance anymore that the baby will move to other position?

24 hour urine came back today; no preeclampsia! I'll be going for weekly monitoring, ultrasound and nst due to the high blood pressure but for now the plan is to let him come on his own.

I've also had tons of braxton hicks like you ladies. They are very strong but not painful. I'm hoping the midwife will check me this week but I will also know more with the monitoring. I've been in a ton of pain, my back is killing me and lots of pressure in my pelvis. I'd be shocked if baby didn't decide to come early.

Great news! I am glad the urinte test came back negative. I hope your blood pressure will stay stable and the baby indeed can come on its own

Baby hasn't been moving much in the past two days for me. I'm a little worried, but also thinking maybe it's running out of room? I think it may have changed position too so maybe I'm just not feeling as much but I don't know...

They are running out of space. I was told that after week 32/33 they will start moving less and less because there is no space anymore

AFM, had my 34 week appt today. Dr. said baby is head down. She is at a slight angle, as I suspected, so I guess that makes her oblique, though the Dr. didn't use that word. Seems easy enough to get her to be where she needs to be though when the time comes, so I am not worried. She is also facing my back, another good sign. Her heart was very strong and at 140, her usual rate. At my 36 week appt, I am doing the GBS test, and then having weekly appts thereafter for cervix checks and all that fun stuff.

Other than that, I've been doing a lot of work for my online job. I should get paid for the first time this week! Woohoo! :D

What is GBS test? I am glad to hear that the baby is in good position.

Thanks for all the support ladies! I'm nervous for my appointment tomorrow :(

Cdex great news! Yay!!

Oh want to reply to more but I hear my little guy crying...

I will be thinking of you! I hope you get good news.

:hugs: Lucy do you have someone who could be an advocate for you. If you're like me then you know what you want but you get flustered when put on the spot. OH, mum, a good friend, any of them would be great if they will push for what you want/need.

Hugs to the girls with transverse baby.

Livvy you should always get seen if baby is not moving as much. Baby's movements shouldn't get less just change from big kicks to rolls and nudges but as often as they were.

J, glad you had a good vacation.

Medzi good luck sweetie.

Scan day for me.

Good luck with the scan today. Keep us update.

AFM. I am getting more and more pain in my hips. It is rather difficult to do my every day tasks right now. Maybe that is the way my body is telling me slow down. So I decide to finish all the preparation to make sure I can just around and I am ready.
I have one more scan to see where my placenta located. It's on Thursday and I cannot wait to hear that the placenta is not in the way of a normal delivery. I also want to ask them to check my cervix since I am getting more and more shooting pain down there.
Do you have that as well ladies?

Khatif....I do...ever so quick wake up call. I figured it was cause he's making my cervix shorter and shorter with his head...or he's just nestling in a little tighter.

Cdex...great news!!

AFM...Monday is my regular obgyn dr...I'm sure I'll get the.."you shouldn't be working" look again. I'm more anxious for the 15th with my high risk dr who will do another scan and hopefully tell me my cervix hasn't gotten any smaller or maybe with all this feet up rest...grew a little! Besides that...Annoying headache...figure the AC was blowing on me.

Khatif I certainly do. It's normal.

Elizabeth I'd go in prepared to find out it is shorter since you'll be 36 weeks then and body gearing up to labour :)

Tasha...eeekkk.....just need to make it to the 19th. We have tentative plans at city hall to be married on the 18th. Lol.

:haha: or maybe wedding ceremony followed by a labour, at least DH would have no excuse to remember your anniversary :haha:

Haha, so true!!! At least my wedding pictures will also cover maternity photos. It's like a 2 for 1 deal. And...I didn't starve myself to fit in a dress! Bonus all around!

Khatif, the GBS is the group B strep test. They swab you to make sure you don't have it, and if you do, they give you antibiotics during labor. It isn't dangerous so mama or anyone else, just baby.

It depends where you are though if they test routinely. UK doesn't xx

Have to say 34+2 and I finally feel pregnant x

I have the GBS test today ...

Tasha let us know how the scan goes!

Mrs E exciting about your wedding! Congrats!

Khatif, I'm getting those shocks too.

Puffin has been very active this morning. All the huge movements is actually making me nauseas.

My poor little guy has tonsillitis :(

Aw, Medzi, sorry your little guy has tonsillitis. :( Mine broke his finger! Has to have a cast for three weeks. Was a total trooper through it all, though. Hope your little guy is all better soon.

I have an appointment this morning as well, and I think they might do the GBS swab (well, they actually have the patients do it themselves, so I would be doing it along with my pee sample).

Mrs. E, I hope you make it to the 19th!!! Congrats!!! :)

Hope your scan goes well tasha.

MrsE- how exciting! Not long until the wedding!

Medzi- hope your little man feels better soon, when baby does massive movements it makes me feel queasy too. Almost like sea sickness.

Afm- I had my consultant appointment today, it went well apart from being weighed..meh! I got my section date!!! :):):) it's the 29th of June! So 27days! I'm excited but terrified!

Was also told by the consultant that I'll only be aloud 4 sections in total so after this one I'll have one section left and they'll offer me sterilisation during the 4th..pretty sure this is our last but makes me question what if we wanted 5babies.

Awww, sorry to hear of the tonsils and fingers hurting!

Thanks for the wedding wishes. Just hoping I make it. Lol. If not LO will come with me. Haha

Oh no Medzi, hope your little guy is better soon. I hope you had a good appointment.

Harley I hope yours went too.

Sammy I've known people to have six sections but obviously very high risk.

My scan went well I think (I see the Dr tomorrow), here's the scan picture. I love it, baby looks very happy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 11
Adorable picture, Tasha!

My boys have come down with a fever today. Ugh. Time for lots of Vit C , water and sleep for them. I'm hoping I don't catch whatever it is they have. Seems mild so far though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->