July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Tonya, your girls are so precious! I'm glad they're doing so well. :flower:

AFM: I'm 36 weeks today. Woohoo! :happydance: I have an appointment with my MW on Friday and will be doing the Strep B test and checking my iron levels. After that, all of my appointments will be at home until baby makes her appearance. :)

Yay Srrme!! You are so close!! 28 days left?! LUCKY! I am very jealous. I bet you are excited though! So glad baby is staying put for you :)

Srme are your boys feeling better? Yay for 36 weeks.

Babyvaughan im with you on the tiredness hun. I hope you get those carpets cleaned :haha:

Timefor do your hospitals do the monitors with our wires? Mine does that might help!

Fabulous bump bubble. I have a sore spot but above where yours is.

Baby girl, glad you feel the growth.

Tonya that is great news. They are so beautiful.

Harley I'm glad that your appointment went well.

Livvy so pleased it went well.

Greats relieved it all stopped.

Dano what's CLC? I'm def still being treated as very high risk she was just an idiot :haha:

Had my doctors appointment. I woke feeling really rubbish this morning and I was worried as I woke swollen. My BP is up, protein in my urine and they agree I'm swollen. Serial BP being done on Friday as they're worried. They did an extra scan to check presentation. Talked about my concerns around vitamin k. Induction booked.

Srme are your boys feeling better? Yay for 36 weeks.

Babyvaughan im with you on the tiredness hun. I hope you get those carpets cleaned :haha:

Timefor do your hospitals do the monitors with our wires? Mine does that might help!

Fabulous bump bubble. I have a sore spot but above where yours is.

Baby girl, glad you feel the growth.

Tonya that is great news. They are so beautiful.

Harley I'm glad that your appointment went well.

Livvy so pleased it went well.

Greats relieved it all stopped.

Dano what's CLC? I'm def still being treated as very high risk she was just an idiot :haha:

Had my doctors appointment. I woke feeling really rubbish this morning and I was worried as I woke swollen. My BP is up, protein in my urine and they agree I'm swollen. Serial BP being done on Friday as they're worried. They did an extra scan to check presentation. Talked about my concerns around vitamin k. Induction booked.

Sorry about the high BP and protein in your urine. When are you being induced??

The start of week 32 was pretty crazy. Huge gush of fluid came out when I was at the store and contractions picked up. We went to l&d for monitoring. I'm definitely having preterm contractions but it looks like everything else is ok, other than my week of 15-20 minute apart contractions has turned into 4-8 minute apart contractions.

Tasha when is your induction date? End of June?

Jrepp that sounds really scary, hope baby decides to stay put for a few more weeks! Are you still in the hospital?

No, they sent me home yesterday with instructions to come back if things got worse.

tonya beautiful little girls!!

having a really bad day today, met with the midwife and i had originally had a ultrasound planned for the 15th of June but when she felt around, she said baby may still be breech (she had a really hard time trying to tell with the placenta in the way, and she wants to know for sure ASAP so she booked me tomorrow for emergency appointment, if he is still breech i have some tough choices to make, book to have him turned at the main hospital with monitoring and ultrasound (this can fail and baby can become distressed so they do emergency c section) or they have a midwife fly in from from Toronto who specializes in breech babies to turn him (no monitoring but she has high success rate) if none of this works i then have to decided if i want to risk the breech birth or do a c section - i dont want any of this so please if any of you want to send a prayer up that this baby is the right way then i'd be really grateful!

Jrepp huge hugs. Did they check to see if it was waters?

Heaven :hugs: have you looked at the spinning babies website? Fingers tightly crossed.

Towards the end of June :)

Tasha - They're still sick. It's very mild though. My oldest just came down with it this morning, and the other 2 yesterday morning, so it hasn't been very long. So far no symptoms other than a fever on and off all day. They've been drinking a lot of water and taking Vitamin C supplements, so I suspect that's helping a bit. :) I really hope I don't come down with it. I would hate to be sick or JUST getting over a cold while in labor. :haha:

I'm glad it's mild! I hope you don't get it, it would be awful to be ill in labour. There was a doctor in clinic today who had a cold, I said to DH if she called me in I was refusing as I'm not getting ill :haha: not much chance of refusing contact with your sons though :rofl:

Well, today's monitoring was less fun. BP was borderline (130/95 once then 130/85) but because I had no protein in urine and I'm being monitored on Friday she let me go. I almost cried as it was an afternoon appointment and I didn't want to go to labour ward to be checked. Also asked if I could have a sweep at 38 weeks to get going but she said they don't normally do it early as it doesn't work well before term. :(

Srrme - sorry to hear about the kids.

Greats - good to hear contractions have stopped

Tasha - there are wireless monitors? I will ask OB at next appointment. I have no idea what they will want to do.

Dan-o, why move you off CLC at 32 weeks? did you query and check if they made a mistake? I just thought it would be impossible to be suddenly low risk?

Vitamin K injections - is everyone having it? I was asked to put a birth plan together but at the moment, I'm at a loss. I'm tempted to book a section but hubby can't really afford to take 4 weeks off to help around the house. :(

We're doing oral Vitamin K with my Midwife.

Yeah there are, my doctor was telling me they have them because I'm really worried about being in a bed for ages and labour not progressing.

Vitamin K was something we discussed today because I'm concerned, obviously my loses are due to a clotting disorder and vit k is to encourage clotting. I was worried that my clotting disorders plus vitamin k could potentially create too much clotting. So it was said they will test babies clotting and we can decide from the results :)

I'm glad it's mild! I hope you don't get it, it would be awful to be ill in labour. There was a doctor in clinic today who had a cold, I said to DH if she called me in I was refusing as I'm not getting ill :haha: not much chance of refusing contact with your sons though :rofl:

It would be dreadful! :dohh: The worst part is, I think my Midwife might have given it to them! She had an irritated throat last week when we saw her, but said it was probably from some cleaning chemicals she had used. :dohh:

Greats - So glad you are home and the meds stopped the contractions! That is frightening. Does your OB or Midwife check your urine often? My OB checks my urine EVERY appointment, because as you said, some people do not get noticeable symptoms.

Tasha- Keep us updated on the news of your scan!

Tonya - They are absolutely precious and beautiful!

Bubbles - Yes I have an area on my abdomen under my ribs that is super sensitive to touch and feels bruised. My OB said its normal- because as we stretch our nerves could get irritated. At one of my recent scans, the tech kept rolling over that area really hard and I said it hurt, but she didn't listen! But OUCH it hurts!

Beautiful - How's baby? You should show us another picture :)

Yeah I just had my urine checked last week and it was fine, so this UTI creeped up pretty fast in a week. Very sore today and have been getting the odd contraction but nothing like last night. Started taking a 7-day antibiotic course this afternoon and have been drinking pure cranberry juice non stop.

tonya beautiful little girls!!

having a really bad day today, met with the midwife and i had originally had a ultrasound planned for the 15th of June but when she felt around, she said baby may still be breech (she had a really hard time trying to tell with the placenta in the way, and she wants to know for sure ASAP so she booked me tomorrow for emergency appointment, if he is still breech i have some tough choices to make, book to have him turned at the main hospital with monitoring and ultrasound (this can fail and baby can become distressed so they do emergency c section) or they have a midwife fly in from from Toronto who specializes in breech babies to turn him (no monitoring but she has high success rate) if none of this works i then have to decided if i want to risk the breech birth or do a c section - i dont want any of this so please if any of you want to send a prayer up that this baby is the right way then i'd be really grateful!

I'm facing a similar position as you. My baby is transverse and if he doesn't flip my options are manual version or c-section. I'm saying no to the version as I would rather him be happy sideways and cut him out of me than turn him and risk problems.

Jrepp huge hugs. Did they check to see if it was waters?

Heaven :hugs: have you looked at the spinning babies website? Fingers tightly crossed.

Towards the end of June :)

They checked but the test came back inconclusive

So much going on! :hugs: everyone. Sorry this will be quick as things here aren't great.

Yesterday they wanted to induce me in 24 hours but after discussions they agreed to give me one more week (I really want to be closer to full term) but that I have to immediately go in at the slightest symptom (headache, more swelling, bp over 150/100) so I am really really taking it easy. I have an ultrasound in the morning. She also checked me and I'm already 4 cm dilated. So if I don't go on my own, an induction request is being put in on Tuesday for sure and then I wait for the call to go in and it can come anytime in 48 hours. So I'll definitely have a baby by next weekend! Cubby seems to be doing better, antibiotics have kicked in for his tonsillitis, thankfully.

Tasha, glad there is a plan in place... Not long until your rainbow :cloud9:

Tonya your girls are precious.

Sorry to all the ladies dealing with high bp, and transverse babies (little stinkers!)

Today at my appt my pee was really really dark and I had soreness all over my stomach my doctor was explaining how being dehydrated is why I was getting headaches and the soreness I have been drinking lots of water but given my health condition its just not being absorbed so she sent me to L&D for 2 liters of fluid and wants me to do it every other day or get a picc line put in and have a nurse come to my place and set it up for me daily or me learn to that way I stay on top of it. Not sure what I'm going to do but I feel better, I think its why I was so miserable and overly tired this week! I got a pamphlet for my next appt to get the GBS test done and what to expect for coming weeks/c-section!

Tasha when's your induction booked for? Sorry your PE appears to be returning again, hopefully it's slow onset so you can make your induction date! CLC was my abbreviation for consultant led care. I've been moved to care by my local community midwife only and will be allowed to go to 42 weeks, with just the usual low risk appts.. after being promised consultant care, growth scans and induction before 40w. Seems so risky and I'm very nervous, hoping he just comes on his own safely at 38w ish!

Srrme, hope you don't get the kiddies bugs!!! Poor things!

Jrepp, hope everything's ok Hun :hugs:

Heaven I second the spinning babies techniques, hope baby goes head down ASAP!!

Tomeforababy, sorry about your elevated BP hun. If a sweep doesn't work before 40w then what harm is done by giving one just to see if it does? I just don't understand the logic lol! Baffled by the NHS right now!! After they cancelled my 37w induction, I was supposed to be getting a sweep at 38w, and another at 39w, but that's all cancelled as well now!

Babyv sounds miserable Hun :hugs: I feel dehydrated constantly, I could cry I get that thirsty! Must be torture to be actually dehydrated on top of that feeling, ugh! :hugs:

Medzi, deffo doesn't sound like you've got long then!!!!! Hopefully you'll get moving all by yourself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->