July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Yay! Congrats, Joy! So happy for you!

Thanks, Tasha! I have looked at the spinning babies site, but not too in depth. Need to give it a good read. I think the biggest thing stressing me out is that, all of the sudden, there are just so many different possible outcomes for baby's birth.

A

AFM, I had a doctor's appointment this morning and when he was feeling baby's position, he suspected he might be breech. He got the u/s machine out and sure enough baby is breech (I'm 35+5 today). The good news is, baby is measuring right on track and not 2-3 weeks ahead as my huge belly would seem to indicate.

I've got an ECV scheduled for Friday morning (I'll be 36+2). I'm having mixed feelings about it, though. I know there are risks, but I'm actually a pretty good candidate for it, considering this is my third baby and that baby isn't yet engaged down in my pelvis. I just keep thinking... First of all, if the version is successful, baby could still flip back to breech before birth. Second, if it's not successful, baby could still flip head-down on his own. And third, would it be so bad if I just did nothing, baby didn't flip, and I had to have a c-section? (As in, do the possible complications of a version outweigh the possible complications of a c-section?) Ugh. So much to think about!

Uh, I can imagine that was not the news you wanted. I hope you can make the baby flip. How do you feel about c-section?

Welcome alea! :)

Khatif- I forget to drink much too..I have a thing for fizzy drinks I crave the fizziness I think so I've had to be healthy-ish and swap to fizzy flavoured water but still don't drink as much as I should, also for hospital bag I still haven't done mine I'm awful! The babies bag is done but I'm yet to do mine.

Lib- glad you've got some good news with your scan, I hope the inductions goes well for you. Will be thinking of you!

Afm- I'm classed as term today!! 14 days until my section and if I'm completely honest with you ladies I'm so scared. I tried explaining to hubby how I felt last night but he thought I was being silly. I'm feeling very anxious and im not sure what I can do about these feelings. I'm scared of something going wrong while I'm in theatre and not being there for my babies. Is this normal?

I think it is very normal that you are anxious and you are afraid. I can understand. You always can come here and let all out, we are here to listen to you and help you if we can.

I had my first scan of the week today. They were checking to see if the fluid around lungs/heart had increased but as of today its all gone! This baby likes to make us worry for nothing atm!
They've decided to admit me on Thursday as around this time I went into preterm labour with dd and they are probably going to induce on Monday!

Great news about the fluid! Monday is coming close very fast. Do you feel ready?

My growth scan was fine! Loads of water (AFI 15) and baby is around 50th centile same as before. His head wasn't even all that low, so that doesn't explain the low fundal height either! I must be carring this baby between my hips or something lol :haha:
Cord flow looked great. Happy to carry on for a few weeks now, until he's ready to make his appearance! !

Great to hear your scan went fine! I am so pleased for you!

I'm thrilled to announce that our baby boy, Sean Michael, arrived safely today at 3:53pm weighing 6lbs 7oz and measuring 19 inches. He is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen and I am already so in love! I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

Congratulation! Enjoy your baby!

I cannot believe that so many babies are here already. It makes me want my baby right now, but I have to wait at least 3-4 weeks because I want her come after I hit full term. End of July is far far from now.

Congratulations joy!!

I can't believe how many babies have been born already!

The end of July definitely seems a long way away. My due date is the 27th, but I have a suspicion that bub will arrive in August. Amazing that we have so many June mums already and we're only halfway through the month.

About to finish work this week, which is great because I'm really starting to have trouble sleeping. Anyone else with insomnia?

Raquel, I'm having more trouble than usual falling asleep, but after that I'm good.

Congrats joy!!! Did your labor start naturally at 37 weeks?? So jealous! I think I'm gonna be one of those overdue mommies.

Who do I have to pay to go into labor naturally in my 37th week?!? :haha:

Congrats joy!!! Can't wait for pics!

I went onto labor naturally with my first at 37 weeks. :) After having both boys at 37 I can't imagine being pregnant longer... But I do wish both had more time inside.

Thank you everyone! I still can't believe he's already here.

Yes, my labor started on Sunday night around 11pm when I started spotting and leaking waters. I wasn't having any contractions yet so I went to bed and woke up around 2:30am to more of my waters leaking. Mild contractions started around 3am so I called labor and delivery and they told me to come in. My water officially broke around 6am when they checked me for dilation and contractions started hitting pretty hard around 7am. My labor was progressing pretty slow so they gave me petocin to try and speed things up and bubs was born at 3:53pm! He is so beautiful. I can't believe I'm finally a mommy!

The end of July definitely seems a long way away. My due date is the 27th, but I have a suspicion that bub will arrive in August. Amazing that we have so many June mums already and we're only halfway through the month.

About to finish work this week, which is great because I'm really starting to have trouble sleeping. Anyone else with insomnia?

My date is 26th but I also feel that my baby won't come in July. So I am right there with you until the very end :)

Raquel, I'm having more trouble than usual falling asleep, but after that I'm good.

Congrats joy!!! Did your labor start naturally at 37 weeks?? So jealous! I think I'm gonna be one of those overdue mommies.

Funny to have the feeling that we are going to be overdue mommies. :)

Who do I have to pay to go into labor naturally in my 37th week?!? :haha:

We are not having any sex with my husband just because we are afraid of that it may start the contractions. So we made an agreement that after I reach 37 weeks we will do it again :)

Congratulations joy :)

Tasha - glad they are taking you seriously & looking after you. Hope it's not too much longer before you can post your announcement!!

Sammy - hv visited today (said I'd update). It was a bit of a waste of time tbh! Got a couple of leaflets & had all contact details checked. Then I was asked a couple of questions about things like smoking, general health, any history of PND. And that was it. All over in 15 mins. Hv said they do it now so you don't have to go through it all just after baby is born, but seemed like a wasted journey for them really :shrug: No harm done though & it was fast

Had a midwife appointment today. Baby has moved from being head down WHOLE pregnancy, to oblique lie :dohh: And my stomach muscles have separated :dohh: :dohh: I'm booked in to physio classes for two mornings starting next week, but have no childcare so have to take my four year old along. I can't see her sitting quietly through it :nope: *sigh*

K4th, what will happen now? Or do you have c-section anyway? Sorry I cannot remember.

K4th, what will happen now? Or do you have c-section anyway? Sorry I cannot remember.

I will spend the next two weeks doing everything I can to turn this baby!! Cue gym ball, walking, standing, spinning babies etc. I'm not booked in for a section, but being high risk "they" may decide it's safer :shrug: I see my ob in 2 weeks, so this baby had better wriggle around fast!!

Congrats, Joy! :D

Welcome back, Mamabee!

Raquel, I am having a lot of trouble sleeping too. :/ I wake every hour to pee, and getting up and laying down hurt, plus finding a comfy position is impossible. I feel your pain!

AFM, 36 weeks today! :happydance: So close to term!

I'm thrilled to announce that our baby boy, Sean Michael, arrived safely today at 3:53pm weighing 6lbs 7oz and measuring 19 inches. He is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen and I am already so in love! I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

Congratulations joyofmylife!!!!! :blue:

I don't know what sleep is anymore! I have a very hard time falling asleep and am constantly turning and tossing once I am asleep. I can't wait for baby to be born so I can sleep again.

Is anyone using EPO? My midwife suggested using it.

Joy - Congrats! When you have time we all would LOVE to see pictures of your beautiful baby!!!!

Bubbles - Happy 36 weeks! So close to term!!

K4th- How did they know your stomach muscles separated? Is it painful?

Hi Mamabee! It has been SO long! Hope you are doing well!

To the ladies due at the end of July - I feel your pain! :( I want to meet my sweet baby boy.. 38 days!

K4th- thank you for updating, I've got mine Thursday. I guess I'd rather all the hassle of being pestered before the baby than just after. Also with the stomach muscle separation how did they diagnose that?
In the last 4weeks I've noticed I get this bulge down the middle of my stomach when I go from laying down to getting up wondered if it could be a similar thing.
Could you not take an interactive toy to keep DD occupied at physio?

Srrme- I feel your pain! I'm sleeping the exact same way you describe. I'm a stomach sleeper so just can't wait to be able to lay on my stomach again.

Bubbles- yay for 36 weeks!

Babygirl - no it's not painful, thank goodness!! It's just going to make pushing during labour harder (or less effective). My midwife diagnosed it when she was feeling my tummy for baby's position.

Sammy - my tummy goes pointy when I'm sitting up from lying down. Almost come shaped :(. If you google diastasis recti (I think that's the spelling!) you'll find loads of info. I think my biggest issue with dd is that she's so chatty & nosey - a room full of pregnant women lying on the floor and doing exercises is going to prompt SO many questions! Even the iPad may not distract her for a whole hour!! And even if it did, who wants to listen to the "lego movie" whilst doing Pilates??? Oh well - they told me to take her - we'll just have to see how it goes!

Luckily, I rang physio& they've got me booked in for next week to try & stop it getting any worse, so it will be over & done with sooner rather than later.

Wow these babies are starting to come fast! Congratulations to everyone who have had their babies.

I'm so tired, this is my day:
Wake up at 6, pump, getting Travis and I ready, drop Travis at the babysitter and go to the hospital.
Stay at the hospital with the babies from 8-4, feeding, pumping, bathing, cuddling!
Pick up Travis from the babysitter, pump, have playtime, dinner, and put him to bed.
Go back to the hospital from 8:30-10:30. Go home, pump. Go to bed at 11:30
Wake up at 2:30am, pump. And wake back up at 6am to start all over.

Her are my girls, sorry if I've already posted this picture!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member