July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Dano- I hope you are doing well and if not already soon to be holding your little guy! :)

Congrats to everyone that has had their baby/ies and good luck Dan-o!

Yay Dan-o! Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures! Hope that baby makes it out soon!

Tasha- Did your baby have to stay in the NICU at all?

Yes send some labor dust this way in about 3 weeks! :-D

I checked my lab work online and realized I had a GBS swab done already at 8 or 9 weeks pregnant and it was negative. Will they check again do you think?

Oh, dan-o, I hope the induction is going smoothly for you and baby!

Went for my ECV this morning, and to make a kind a long story short, they couldn't attempt it today because the maternity ward was full and they need an open bed when trying to flip baby just in case something goes awry and they need to do an emerg c-section.

So we opted to just wait and see if baby flips on his own. I have my next doctor's appointment on Thursday, so we'll discuss our options then, which are basically two possibilities at this point - a planned c-section or another attempt an ECV in a week or two. We could also try for an ECV followed immediately by an induction around 38 weeks, which is what seems most appealing to me atm. We'll see how I feel on Thursday! :)

Wow so much happening! Hope all inductions, and babies are doing well!

I decided not to do ECV, so right now we are hoping he turns in his own, we also had to go into er today for monitoring since I developed severly itchy feet and palms which can mean obstetric cholestasis so if my test for it is positive then they will have to deliver him at 39 weeks. Really trying to make myself think that he will magically flip and my test will be negative and I'll have no worries!

Dan-o, sorry to hear that. all the best and hopefully things are on the way.

congrats joy!

and MsE!

so so much good news on this thread at the moment.

Thinking of you Dano! I hope you're almost there!

To all the ladies with babies that still need to flip, I hope your procedures go well or the baby decides to flip on his own.

Does anyone know the answer to my question about the GBS swab? I had one done at 8-9 weeks and it was negative, will they do one again at 36 weeks? I am also having a C-section.

Babygirl, sorry, I don't know if they will do it again. I think it is possible for you to have it now, even though you were neg for it early on. I didn't think they did the gbs swab that early. I would ask your doc if it's routine to do it that early and if they will do it again in case you do have it now.

Hope things go well dan-o!

Just had a check up. Over 1cm dilated and cervix is softening! Great progress from last week. Was less than 1cm and hard. :happydance: got the results from my gbs swab, positive. Boo. Ah well just antibiotics I guess. So excited to be "full term" on sunday!

Not sure babygirl. I dont know if it can change throughout pregnancy or not?

Babygirl, they might do it again. You should add it to your question list for your next appt. I completely forgot mine last time and remembered all of my questions later (oops)!

I'm so excited to be closer and closer and yet so anxious about being so far behind. I haven't even pulled the crib out yet and I'll be 37 on Tuesday...eeek!

They are going to scan me again Monday and I can't wait to see him. I was 1cm at my last appt and I'm curious if I've changed. Maybe they'll check again at my visit Monday. (Although I was a 3 for weeks with my daughter and it didn't make any difference).

I can't wait to hear from dan-o....hope she and baby are well!

Our rainbow baby boy Quinlan Tate arrived safe and sound on 19th June at 35+6 @ 3.40pm, 5lbs 9.5oz (I believe!)

Eventually had a crazy augmented labour, very short, no pain meds. No birth partner, cut the cord myself :haha:

Unfortunately the cord snapped in my 'managed' 3rd stage of labour and after a failed attempt at removal by the registrar, I had to have a spinal and manual removal in theatre. Also a bit of a to do about them wanting to give my baby formula while I was away!

Aaaaanyway.. First peek and I will do a proper birth story ASAP :flower:

He's doing fab so far for a bit early, in with me and latching like a champ, got blood sugars and obs now for a bit, fingers crossed Xxx

https://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k240/DANIELLA77/392AF2CF-92A7-4154-A323-9B85BA998B3F.jpg

Yay congrats dano!! What an adorable little peanut!

Forgot to add the surgical placenta removal was actually fine, don't worry too much if it happens to you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->