July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Congratulations, Alea - love the name.

Bub was looking good at 35 week growth scan a few days ago. 70th percentile, so on the larger side. I know size from scans is very inexact, but I'm pretty small so I hope it's more of an overestimate than an underestimate. I think bub is also starting to engage as my bump has changed shape and doesn't look quite as big this morning. Less than five weeks to go and things are starting to feel real.

Thanks for all of your kind messages. I can't believe baby is here and it's a girl! We didn't know what we were having and to now have a daughter is just wonderful.

Maisie is currently in intensive care but is doing well. She is having some help with her breathing and a tube for feeding, and she has a little jaundice so she is having some light therapy to help clear that up.

Congratulations Alea!
I'm being discharged from my ward today, I've been given a parent room so I can still be close to Isaac. Tried to breastfeed him for the first time today, he didn't do much but we will keep trying! One step closer to being home

Just saw your update, glad she's nice and stable, hope she gets to come home very soon xxx

What happened? Did you go into labour? Xx

Lib I hope he can get the hang of it soon, bless him. Thank goodness they can keep you close to him. Are you allowed to hold him more now and get some skin to skin time? X

Lib I hope he can get the hang of it soon, bless him. Thank goodness they can keep you close to him. Are you allowed to hold him more now and get some skin to skin time? X

Yes, I hope so too! Although I'm prepared for a struggle as dd was the same weight and 4 weeks early and I had a had time with her. I think I am allowed to do it more now, I'd only held him twice until today!

Congrats alea :)

Lib - good luck with the bf. very glad to hear hospital are letting you stay close by :)

Babygirl - sorry to hear you have diastasis recti too :(

Afm - pretty sure baby is still oblique, or perhaps transverse at this point *sigh* Labour feels like a million years away yet & bubs is clearly not helping by not being in quite the right position. Can't wait for him/her to arrive!! :)

Mamabee- I get pretty swollen down there, especially after sex. It causes pain/pressure sometimes too, but I do have some veins on my vulva.

I slept terribly last night - tossed and turned (its so hard to roll over in bed now), my whole body aches, my ribs burn... these 4 weeks and 2 days will drag :( Ughhhhh

Cute bumps ladies! Getting so close!

I was also mega swollen down below with varicose veins down there as well, but it's all shrunk back to normal already! Way TMI but it looks so small now :haha:

Alea- congratulations! Glad she's stable :)

Lib- I hope the breastfeeding doesn't turn out to be too much of a struggle for you.

Afm- I had my pre-op for my section today, feel mixed emotions over it excited but very scared! I was given all my medication plus the list of do's and dont's. I was told minimal stay is 24hrs but the like you out after 48hrs after csection I'd love 24hrs asking as things where 100% ok!

Also found out hubby can stay in the hospital with me too which has really cheered me up as I find midwives can be too busy faffing around with someone that's had a section so I'll have hubby there for help.

Still petrified of my spinal tho :( wish I could be more positive but I'm petrified.

Hi ladies!
Sorry I haven't been posting much, but I still follow you all. Congrats to even more new babies being born! All is quiet here, had a bit of a false alarm the other day, I was having terrible cramps in my tummy, I thought I was in labour. Went to the hospital, they did some tests, found nothing wrong, and baby was doing just fine, no dilation. My doctor thinks she will have me induced pretty soon though, I see her tomorrow. I can relate to all the ladies near the end having discomfort, I am done with being pregnant. I feel like a swollen blimp, lol!

Had my OB appt today. 70% effaced but no dilation yet, which she said is normal, just depends on the pregnancy/person. The exam also hurt, and she said it's because I am thinning out so much. It didn't hurt last week at all but it was super uncomfortable today.

Sooo glad to be progressing! I was afraid I wasn't at all! :happydance:

Hi ladies asking for a bit of advice really, I've been getting really obvious tightenings for the last 2 and a half hours a bit irregular from 3 mins apart to 5 and at times 9 mins apart. They range from 30 to 51seconds. Could these be braxtons hicks or should I get my bum off to the hospital to get checked? I've never laboured so not sure what to look for.

Bubbles yay for progression.

Sammy go get seen. They're long for braxton hicks, yes they're irregular but I've read stories of some ladies never having regular contractions and actually mine were in early labour but not regular when I was just giving birth.

Thanks tasha. Since typing that out I've only had two worried about getting there and them telling me it's a false alarm. As it is it's just me and the children indoors hubby's at his mothers 40 miles away :(

Sammy can a community MW maybe come to you to check? Are you strictly section only?

Starlight glad all is well, hopefully you will start yourself ASAP then!

Bubbles sounds like progress indeed! Fx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->