July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Babyv I've been losing bits of plug randomly over the last few weeks. It looks like globs of snot. No labor for me yet, not even dilated (but I am 70% effaced).

No contractions but Wednesday I was 2cm 50% effaced so he's making progress!

Anyone have experience with nipple stimulation to induce labor? What did you do and for how long? I'm so curious! If baby stays in a couple more weeks I'll be desperate, today I was in so much pain...

K4th, great news about baby finally being head down. That must be a relief!

All the mentions of waters breaking has got me wondering. This is a total first timer question, but do you recommend doing something (like sleeping/sitting on a towel) to avoid getting amniotic fluid on the couch or bed? How hard is it to clean up? I know there's a good chance that waters won't break until hospital, but just in case, I don't really want to ruin my furniture. Any advice?

Hi everyone,

We had a boy!!! He is beautiful. I had to have an episiotomy (yuck) and he had the ventouse in the end as he was back to back. 3.1kg, spontaneous labour at 38+3.

I have no idea what I'm doing so fingers crossed I will pick it up soon. Birth story later!

Congrats, timeforababy! I can't wait to hear all about it and know that you'll get the hang of it ;)

My water broke last night right at midnight. I was laying on my side in bed trying to fall asleep when all this water happened, lol! I called the hospital, and they advised me to make sure the baby was moving, then to get some sleep. Baby wasn't moving much, but after drinking some cold water, he started to move, thank goodness! I didn't sleep very much, but managed a few hours. This morning I was still leaking a bit, fluid was blood tinged. I called the hospital again, and the nurse advised me it was normal. She told me to eat breakfast as per usual and watch for contractions. I haven't had any yet, just some mild cramping. My doctor will be at the hospital later this morning, so the nurse I spoke to will inform her, and she'll call to advise me as to what to do next. Can't believe it's happening now! :thumbup:

You should probably get to the hospital even though you aren't having contractions. Everything I have read and been told by doctors is that when the water breaks at home get to the hospital right away as labor isn't far behind and there is such a risk of infection.

Glad to see. So many ladies have turned! And good luck starlight!

Afm- not such good news, I got a call from the hospital today informing me that they've cancelled. My csection on Monday :( I was so bummed I nearly started crying on the phone to the nurse. They've moved me to the 1st which I know is only two days but I'm petrified of my section and finally felt mentally prepared for Monday and now and back in the waiting game :( and have to prepare myself all over again.

Why did they change the date?

I'm sorry Sammy I'd be upset too!!

I think I might be loosing my mucus plug, I am getting a lot of clear slimy/jelly discharge on underwear and wiping. No color to it yet. What do you think? My mom can't remember loosing hers so I have no idea what its suppose to be like.

I thought I was loosing my mucus plug too having the same kind of discharge but it turned out to be just regular discharge.

All the mentions of waters breaking has got me wondering. This is a total first timer question, but do you recommend doing something (like sleeping/sitting on a towel) to avoid getting amniotic fluid on the couch or bed? How hard is it to clean up? I know there's a good chance that waters won't break until hospital, but just in case, I don't really want to ruin my furniture. Any advice?

I don't have experience on this myself but I asked the clinic for some chucks so if my water breaks at home I have an absorbent pad. I have read that a lot of women wrap a towel over s trash bag to protect the furniture.
Hi everyone,

We had a boy!!! He is beautiful. I had to have an episiotomy (yuck) and he had the ventouse in the end as he was back to back. 3.1kg, spontaneous labour at 38+3.

I have no idea what I'm doing so fingers crossed I will pick it up soon. Birth story later!

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Raquel, when my waters went at 28 weeks I had them go all over my soda and had to get the sofa cleaned as you can't just clean if yourself. I used maternity bed mat every where for the next eight weeks but discovered the toddler ones are the same and cheaper.

Congratulations time.

Jrepp it will depend on the hospital, here you're allowed 24-48 hours after the waters have gone x

It is quite hard to get it out as far as I know it is not something you can do yourself. Therefore I use something (sorry dont know the name in English) cover the bed, the couch and even car seat in the case my water brokes there.

Hi everyone,

Congratulations! I am sure you are doing just fine!

Timeforababy - :happydance: congratulations on your baby boy!! You'll get the hang of it soon. Hope you make a fast recovery - enjoy those newborn cuddles!!

Raquel - I agree with tasha on the toddler mat things. They are much cheaper than maternity ones & are usually with nappies in supermarkets etc. I have one under the bed sheet and one ready & waiting in the car. We have a leather sofa so I'm not going to bother using one there. With my first my waters didn't break until I was 10cm though - I made all my mess at the hospital & would love to do it that way again!!

I'm worried about waters staining my furniture too. Mine broke last time on their own but I had leather sofa and Wooden's floors so it was ask good now I have cream carpets and a beige sofa... Ugh. Then again I might not be lucky enough for them to break on their own hah

Hi everyone,

Congratulations hun!!!! Sorry you went through the mill a bit, hope you are recovering ok. Make sure everyone rallies round you while you are sore. Enjoy your sweet baby snuggles xxx

I'm worried about waters staining my furniture too. Mine broke last time on their own but I had leather sofa and Wooden's floors so it was ask good now I have cream carpets and a beige sofa... Ugh. Then again I might not be lucky enough for them to break on their own hah

Mine went in labour first two times so I wasn't worried, but this time they went in my bed :haha:
Amazingly I'd already ordered a new mattress which hadn't been delivered yet, it came 3 days after the baby!! :haha:

Starlight, I was put on a syntocinon drip after 12 hours of mine gone and no baby or established labour. I am GBS+ and was preterm though.. not sure if that was why they hurried it along? Good luck anyway, maybe you are in labour now!! ? :wohoo:

Tasha.. I am delighted to see your new siggy :cloud9:
I always had the feeling that you'd have your rainbow this time <3 (and that he would be a boy :haha:)

39 weeks today!! Officially full term! Let's not draw this out too long :haha: I will post a few maternity pics that we took last week later.

Congrats time!

Hope things turn out well starlight!

Afm: had a check up yesterday. Weekly NST was perfect, bp and urine great. Fundal height right on. Still a little over 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. Tomorrow I'll be 38 weeks! Ive had some period like cramping the last couple days along with a few bouts of diarrhea (sorry tmi), hoping she'll come before my due date. I really want to avoid being induced. So looking forward to meeting my peanut!

Also theres a full moon next thursday july 2nd! I have a friend who is a massage therapist and offered to do reflexology to kickstart labor. Asked my OB about it and she said have the reflexology wednesday and hopefully that and the full moon the next day will result in a baby. Lol my mom had my bro on a full moon. Im hoping it'll work.

Lets see how many babies we get next Thursday! :haha:

My poor little girl got a cold. We were going to go to the store to get some crafts to do as there is a ton of rain in forecast. But sad little girl needed a nap. So I'm lying with her contemplating a nap myself. Two weeks from Monday my little guy gets here I'm getting so excited

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->